Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 9)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 472 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
leslieit
David
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Keep up the topic in Part 9.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Future Academy Award winner Vanessa Kirby incoming!

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Future Academy Award nominee Vanessa Kirby incoming!

Can’t wait for her to get her first nomination and then end up losing to Andra Day when the time comes!

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

This year’s Best Actress race is incredible. I think the fight for the win is between Davis, Kirby, and McDormand. Here are my current top 5 (will of course change).

No Particular order…
    -Viola Davis
    -Vanessa Kirby
    -Frances McDormand
    -Sophia Loren
    -Carey Mulligan

There is no trailer or reviews for Day and Zendaya, so I will wait on them.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Can’t wait for her to get her first nomination and then end up losing to Andra Day when the time comes!

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Some contenders are really doing the most with covers, interviews and overall campaigning. There’s only so much a few stills can do for the supposed later movies. I’m jumping out of the Andra boat. Nod maybe, the win… not over Kirby, Viola or Frances (imagine her getting a third in Lead over the “legends”).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I doubt Billie Holliday will be released for this season unless Paramount sell the rights to Amazon.

A Sundance premiere though? You betcha.

Frances (imagine her getting a third in Lead over the “legends”).

Imagine the meltdowns on here lmao.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

If Frances doesn’t win this year, she could be winning next year. I feel like she is going to be the first actress to win 3 BA Oscars since Hepburn.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I know she not going to get Nominated But im glad to see Julia Garner in the predictions Her performance in the assistant was good just seen it yesterday not crazy over the movie but she’s gonna be one of the best actresses of the newer generation

It was absolutely shameful how the Gotham awards nominated the film but not her. She was the film (although I did enjoy the film but her performance was phenomenal)!

If Frances doesn’t win this year, she could be winning next year. I feel like she is going to be the first actress to win 3 BA Oscars since Hepburn.

Me too. I can see her Swanking Margot Robbie next year.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

It seems like Paramount has been pretty adamant on getting it out before the deadline and plus it has a release date so don’t write it off. Also, just know if the film is a hit and Day delivers then Kirby and Viola’s chances are out the window and Day will have a clear path for her first Oscar.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Kirby and Viola’s chances are out the window and Day will have a clear path for her first Oscar.

Yes and then Robert Pattinson will win Supporting Actor at the same ceremony…

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

It seems like Paramount has been pretty adamant on getting it out before the deadline and plus it has a release date so don’t write it off. Also, just know if the film is a hit and Day delivers then Kirby and Viola’s chances are out the window and Day will have a clear path for her first Oscar.

They could release it under a short theatrical window like Universal or even release it in their own streaming service, which will be rebranded as Paramount+ early next year.

I really think it’s coming this season.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

, which will be rebranded as Paramount+ early next year.

That would be a big campaigning mistake lol. Hardly anyone will subscribe to Paramount+. It’s just CBS All Access rebranded.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I really think it’s coming this season.

Respect and J-Hud is winning teas.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

They could release it under a short theatrical window like Universal or even release it in their own streaming service, which will be rebranded as Paramount+ early next year. I really think it’s coming this season.

That’s what I’m saying. People are trying to write off this film bc they see Day as a threat to derail one of their favs from winning this year. Day is actually in a PERFECT situation to scoop the Oscar with ease if the film is a hit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 472 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.