Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 9)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 472 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
leslieit
David
  • Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Anyway, I just wish Paramount fucking finially releases that freakin’ trailer so we can more-or-less can feel when we stand with Andra lmao.

Exactly! I expect we get some type of trailer or news either this week or next.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Even white girls hardly ever win for debut performances so why are we expecting a sudden shift exactly ?

I mean I’m just saying if Yalitza Aparicio could only get in at CC and the Oscars then I don’t see how Andra Day wins. It’s just a personal feeling I have. If she gets the raves then I won’t rule her out but really saying she’s above anyone (even le Streep and Loren) at this point is just a ridiculous guessing game.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Kirby is more known than Day amongst the general public (which doesn’t matter at all when it comes to the Oscars).

Kirby is still unknown amongst majority of the gp, she may be popular over there in England, but I’m pretty sure majority of the U.s. has no clue on who Kirby is.

Hmm…

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Hmm…

Key words “more known than Day amongst the general public” and that isn’t saying much…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Key words “more known than Day amongst the general public” and that isn’t saying much…

Vs

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

Ew Kirstie Alley (racist trump supporter) , why use her as example. Stop embarrassing Kirby.

That’s narrow minded. Being a Trump supporter is not synonymous with being a racist, and Kirstie previously voted for Obama. Besides, Kirby is going to need all the votes she can get.

Profile picture
    Kelvin
    Topics:

wolfali you are SO annoying with vanessa kirby that i’m officially rooting for her to tank yeah.

FYC: Viola Davis – Ma Rainey’s black bottom

Profile picture
    leslieit
    Topics:

She was disgusted with new oscar rules. If she was that pressed for giving more poc opportunities… Now you know god damn well.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

wolfali you are SO annoying with vanessa kirby that i’m officially rooting for her to tank yeah.

Profile picture
    Kelvin
    Topics:

why is this sending
    do you think people watched this film for her? or noticed her in it?

Profile picture
    leslieit
    Topics:

Hobbs & Shaw vs Cars 3. Battle of the year. That’s why none of them are threat to Viola. (Kirby is still getting nomination)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lol all I was just saying is the idea no one knows who she is daft. I’m not saying that it was the performance of her career or like she was good in it (I usually tend to avoid the Fast and Furious trashbusters).  She is literally on the poster of one of the most popular franchises in the world.

Yes she doesn’t have her name credited on it but no one (not even Idris Elba) has their name credited on the poster apart from Statham and the Rock.

And anyway Fast and Furious aside she still had an Emmy nominated BAFTA winning performance on one of the most popular and acclaimed Netflix shows in the world. I wonder why Kelvin didn’t quote the picture of that poster?

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Please, Princess Margaret obviously can’t compete with the iconique role of Sweet Tea the Car.

(this is a joke, please wolfali don’t kill me)

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

If I started rooting against everyone who is obnoxiously promoted on this thread, I’d end up supporting Winslet. Girl has like no fans lol

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

If I started rooting against everyone who is obnoxiously promoted on this thread, I’d end up supporting Winslet. Girl has like no fans lol

The gag is that she has one or two stans here. Adams too. Lol

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 472 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.