Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 9)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 472 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
leslieit
David
  • Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Updated predictions: Elle Fanning – A Rainy Day in New York Anne Hathaway – The Witches Lily James – Rebecca Liu Yifei – Mulan Margot Robbie – Birds of Prey

Let’s spice it up by replacing the Mulan actress with Kristen Stewart for Happiest Season

FYC:

Riz Ahmed- Best Actor for Sound Of Metal
    Daniel Kaluuya - Best Supporting Actor for Judas and the Black Messiah
    Amanda Seyfried - Best Supporting Actress for Mank

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Denzel’s talentless son

Don’t you dare talk about John David Washington like that!

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Director: George Clooney-The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Actress: Viola Davis-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo-Da Five Bloods
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried-Mank
    Best Original Screenplay: Soul
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Midnight Sky

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Critics or either gonna trash Malcom and Marie or love it I feel like it won’t be a mixed review film …. I say this cause the fact that it is gonna be like a filmed play lol

I mean, at least it’s written for the screen. So it may be all in one house, but it’ll probably show several different rooms in that house, unlike a filmed play which often just has one, or in some cases, primarily one.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Can people please stop using this ridiculous “stans are pressed” or “we’re only talking about this person because of their stans” type thing.

I know I’m not innocent of it and as I said I’m trying to get better but we’ve literally just seen how the whole “stan” argument can lead to people starting to attack the character of others.

At least it’s Christmas soon and there’ll be a de-escalation on here soon.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Jasmine is French
    Topics:

Are they gonna have a virtual reality Oscar ceremony? The actors have to make their character avatar or something? the viewers are invited to watch live on YouTube.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I can’t believe I just read on here that someone thinks Loren is Netflix’s number one priority. I know you don’t want either of Kirby or Davis to win but pllss 💀💀.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Are they gonna have a virtual reality Oscar ceremony? The actors have to make their character avatar or something? the viewers are invited to watch live on YouTube.

Everybody does their speech with a VTuber avatar.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Director: George Clooney-The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Actress: Viola Davis-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo-Da Five Bloods
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried-Mank
    Best Original Screenplay: Soul
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Midnight Sky

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I want this race to end already.

Profile picture
    Jasmine is French
    Topics:

I want this race to end already.

Please dont say that. You and I are in the minority when it comes to Vanessa Kirby. Of course she will be nominated. Nothing else matters really, wolfali 🙂

And it is also interesting that others has mention that Sophia Loren may go supporting? Her role is that small or something? If Loren goes supporting, there will be a fight to even get in, I think

Profile picture
    brenolimsta
    Topics:

I’m pretty happy I was away from this forum for a couple of days hahahaha y’all are wild as hell

chill everyone. it’s the oscars. it’s supposed to be fun…

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Y’all think this is messy but NYFCC and LAFCA are coming through in three weeks. This is gonna get messier

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Kirby supporters have officially lost it. Who’s dropping Kirby for Zendaya?? And even if they were, that’s their choice — these are just awards predictions! A “basically filmed play” is what got Viola Davis her Oscar, so hold on tight.

I’m sorry but the user you’re referring to (Magestic) is not a Kirby supporter.

People need to learn how to differentiate between someone’s opinion on an Oscars race and who they’re supporting because those are not necessarily the same thing.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Billie Piper is gonna play Sally? Where? I don’t actually know her, but I love that there’ll be a major production of Cabaret somewhere.

Well it was. kind of me joking. When her show was released (go watch I Hate Suzie on HBO Max now!) in the US there were people on Twitter going on about how she needs to play Sally in Cabaret and she said she wants to and she did an interview I think in the New Yorker where the interviewer and her were discussing Bob Fosse and Cabaret and she said it’s one of the things she wants to do next.

So it looks like the rumour may come true.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

I was trying to find info on US v Billie Holiday, but I can’t see much, why is Paramount just sitting on its ass?

I did look up the lady writing the screenplay, and she has only 3 film credits over 20 years that I can see, 2 of which have rotten scores and the 3rd is some Oprah movie that I can find literally no other info on?

Strangely enough, Geoffrey Fletcher also seems to have only 3 screenplay credits- Precious (his first) and 2 movies since then that kinda flopped critically.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Only on Goldderby would acclaimed and campaign prioritised performances of people who have actually acted before like Vanessa Kirby and Frances McDormand be ruled out of contention for the win whilst a performance by Andra Day, a singer whose most high profile credit is a voice cameo in Cars 3, in a film no one (not even film twitter) has heard about or is buzzed about is apparently a “lock”.

I mean I find it rich that people are saying people predicting Kirby and Davis are obsessively stanning when this is just another level.

P.S. Poor McDormand. Someone should be rooting for her because girl is the only one who doesn’t have anyone pushing for her (i.e. there are people pushing for Kirby and Davis and Day but not her).

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 472 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.