Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 9)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 472 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
leslieit
David
  • Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I love when someone famous gets dragged here, stans pull the ‘why is she relevant in this conversation’ and ‘people who criticize are so sad’ cards.
    This is Best Actress, and previous years will always be part of the discussion like it or not, and shit comparisons between celebrities and authentically versatile actresses who are in contention must be addressed.
    People are really hurt when evidence is laid out in front of them and their fragile illusions are shattered. Basic music thread behavior.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

One things most people seem to agree with is that a Loren nomination WOULD (notice the word is not WILL) be quite a moment. One of the last living legends gracing the lineup is not something we should feel threatened by.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

“Bombshell” should not have been nominated for anything

I found the film mediocre but it thoroughly deserved its makeup and hairstyling win lol.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

lol what’s happening luca ?

Reactions for The Prom will be pouring in.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Reactions for The Prom will be pouring in.

I have this feeling that The Prom will be the Mamma Mia! for Meryl and Let Them All Talk is going to be her Doubt.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Is it me or HBO did pull the whole campaigning switcheroo like right after ‘The Prom’ trailer came out? If she delivers in ”LTAT”, please let that be her nomination. I cannot take her seriously in ‘The Prom’, and it’s not because the movie has a lighter tone. (I won’t pop pills unless she wins the Globe)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s funny because I’ve seen people on here say that both Kirby and Zendaya’s buzz will fade away (and Mulligan’s) even though their films are airing close to the deadlines but then at the same time some of the same people are like Loren is getting nominated because her buzz will still be there even though her film has come out in what would be September in a normal year.

I mean I haven’t seen Loren’s film yet but it makes no sense to say the buzz of people whose films will be released close to the deadline will die out but then at the same time say that someone whose film has gone under the radar and is kind of dying out in buzz now will somehow have buzz by the time of voting.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I have not seen a single person say that.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have not seen a single person say that.

I started to realize how unlikely it would be (especially at this stage).

They vote on what they watch and enjoy. And I will say this, everyone I know who actually votes (like me) and has watched “The Life Ahead” has unequivocally praised Loren’s performance (whether they like the film or not). She’s in and will have strong support from SAG and the Acting branch.

Again I haven’t seen The Life Ahead and Loren could be undeniable but saying that Kirby and Zendaya (I won’t look through the previous thread to find the comments on her)’s buzz will die when their films haven’t been released yet but then saying Loren is a lock for a film dying in buzz makes no sense to me.

I mean I can understand if it was a joke but it just makes no sense to say performances that will be seen in January/February will have their buzz die whilst performances that are being seen now and are dying in buzz are locks.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The Prom seems like it’s what we expected it to be. Meryl is getting very good notices.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Again I haven’t seen The Life Ahead and Loren could be undeniable but saying that Kirby and Zendaya (I won’t look through the previous thread to find the comments on her)’s buzz will die when their films haven’t been released yet but then saying Loren is a lock for a film dying in buzz makes no sense to me. I mean I can understand if it was a joke but it just makes no sense to say performances that will be seen in January/February will have their buzz die whilst performances that are being seen now and are dying in buzz are locks.

Relax… I was clearly joking in the previous post, I literally copy and pasted that text and somehow you still managed to take it the wrong way. You take everything so seriously on here…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Prom seems like it’s what we expected it to be. Meryl is getting very good notices.

Is it a Twitter embargo?

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Is it a Twitter embargo?

Yes. Some people really love it. This is probably the front-runner for the Comedy Globe.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Meryl is coming. Even the mix receptions praise her.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Double Globe noms for La Streep please.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 472 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.