Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 496 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Bassett
David
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Moving into October, we will have separate threads for each major category at the Oscars.

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Viola is coming for the win. Underestimate her at your own peril.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

In order of likelihood of a nomination…

1. McDormand
    2. Davis
    3. Pfeiffer
    4. Adams
    5. Day

Winslet, Kirby, Hudson

I think the win is between Day, Pfeiffer and Davis.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Actress

1. Frances McDormand
    2. Viola Davis
    3. Vanessa Kirby (all three are interchangeable imo tbh)
    4. Michelle Pfeiffer
    5. Kate Winslet

6. Amy Adams
    7. Carey Mulligan
    8. Andra Day
    9. Sophia Loren
    10. Rachel Brosnahan

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

October (I know it’s September) predictions:

1. Viola Davis, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    2. Frances McDormand, Nomadland
    3. Olivia Colman, The Father (I’m predicting her to go Lead)
    4. Kate Winslet, Ammonite
    5. Vanessa Kirby, Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Viola is coming for the win nomination. Underestimate her at your own peril.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

I wasn’t talking about Kirby, Wolfali

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Wow. Imagine getting so offended by someone stating they think it’s too early to declare a winner.

Honestly Aayaan you’re too much sometimes on here.

You can dish it but you can’t take it. It’s annoying. You have been declaring Kirby as a winner ever since she won the cup, but you have a problem with others doing the same for Viola?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You can dish it but you can’t take it. It’s annoying. You have been declaring Kirby as a winner ever since she won the cup, but you have a problem with others doing the same for Viola?

I haven’t ever stated that Vanessa Kirby was the unquestionable winner of the Oscar unless it was as a joke. I find it a very childish argument to justify one’s hubris at their own prediction is to falsely claim another person does the same so therefore they can do it. And anyway why is it that people have a problem with me claiming Viola is not the unquestionable winner when people literally attack me for claiming Kirby is win competitive or that Burstyn is getting nominated? I mean it’s not an unpopular opinion when experts and publications are predicting the same at the moment.

I feel like this happens all the time. Whether it’s with Succession at the Emmys or Zellweger in Actress and Waititi in Adapted Screenplay this year people just can’t stand anything other than their favourites winning and therefore can’t stand people suggesting otherwise. And before you start yelling at me I have stated that I would love if Viola ended up winning.

How about we just all wait until the Golden Globes before we start declaring people the winners of awards?

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

I find it a very childish argument to justify one’s hubris at their own prediction is to falsely claim another person does the same so therefore they can do it.

Okay let’s make three things very clear

1. My confidence in Viola’s win has nothing to do with your confidence in Kirby winning.

2. I only brought up your Kirby stanning to point out the double standard. It has nothing to do with my Viola prediction.

3. You quoted my original post, that btw had nothing to do with you or Kirby, and felt the need to undermine it. I just responded accordingly.

when people literally attack me for claiming Kirby is win competitive or that Burstyn is getting nominated? I

I don’t recall ever attacking you about Kirby. This is the first time I am even conversing with you in the movies thread lol

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Amy Adams – Hillbilly Elegy
    Viola Davis – Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Andra Day – The United States vs. Billie Holiday
    Frances McDormand – Nomadland
    Michelle Pfeiffer – French Exit

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

1. Viola Davis (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom)
    2. Frances McDormand (Nomadland)
    3. Michelle Pfeiffer (French Exit)
    4. Kate Winslet (Ammonite)
    5. Amy Adams (Hillbilly Elegy)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

3. You quoted my original post, that btw had nothing to do with you or Kirby, and felt the need to undermine it. I just responded accordingly.

Not everything I post on here is about Vanessa Kirby. How would you like it if every time you posted anything on here I responded by posting about Schitt’s Creek or something else that you stanned? I hope you understand how frustrating that is.

I mean like I said it’s not as if me claiming Kirby has a CHANCE at winning is because I’m rooting for her or some delusional stanning is blinding my predictions when various publications are considering her for the win. I mean just because David Holmes is rooting for Kuluuya and saying he has a chance that doesn’t mean every time someone posts they imply he has some “delusional stanning” and his predictions are blinded by that or whenever you post that someone implies “your delusionally stanning” and that your predictions are blinded by that.

All I’m saying and this applies to ALL contenders is that it is way too early to declare someone as the unquestionable winner when we haven’t seen most of the potential Actress nominees’ films and when we’re nowhere near something like the Globes or critics awards. It doesn’t matter whether they are who I am rooting for or you are or who the person living on the moon is rooting for because no one (apart from maybe Chadwick) are locks for the win at this stage…

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

I feel like Viola’s performance will truly knock it out of the park. The narrative of being only the second black actress to ever win the lead category, especially in 2020, is going to give her a bigger boost than people are realising. She will have the performance, she will have the transformation (the weight gain is already visible), and Chadwick’s untimely passing will provide this film with the type of buzz it never would have gotten before. The stars have perfectly aligned for her, and barring an uncharacteristically bad performance, or negative critical reception (both highly unlikely), she should be winning.

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

October predictions:
    #1- McDormand, NOMADLAND
    #2- Davis, MA RAINEY’S BLACK BOTTOM
    #3- Kirby, PIECES OF A WOMAN
    #4- Day, THE UNITED STATES VS BILLIE HOLIDAY
    #5- Loren, LA VITA DAVANTE A SÉ
    Pfeiffer is #6 and Winslet is #7
    I think JHud will only happen if either MA RAINEY’S or THE UNITED STATES VS BILLIE HOLIDAY flops… I don’t think we will have 3 biopics of 3 blacj singers running in the same year for a Best Actress nom

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress’ is closed to new replies.