Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 496 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Bassett
David
  • Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

Isn’t the HFPA a liittle racist tho? I can’t see that many POC winning ( which sucks tbh) I think Rashida Jones is a lock for the CM globe

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Isn’t the HFPA a liittle racist tho? I can’t see that many POC winning ( which sucks tbh) I think Rashida Jones is a lock for the CM globe

I think Michelle Pfeiffer is pretty safe for the C/M globe, unless her movie and/or performance aren’t as good as we think.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah I only see Pfeiffer or Mulligan winning the C/M Globe.

Very interested to see if Viola does go Lead for Ma Rainey if the HFPA will award her because it would be quite significant (in a good way) in itself as they snubbed her for Widows and they didn’t award her a Globe for a Lead performance for either The Help or How to Get Away with Murder.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Yeah I only see Pfeiffer or Mulligan winning the C/M Globe.

At this point, I just think it would be better for Focus Features to push Promising Young Woman to the fall of 2021. Best Actress seems to be quite stacked, as of now, and I would love for Carey to get a nomintion (and possibly a win) for this. I also think it should go to more festivals, like Telluride or TIFF.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

At this point, I just think it would be better for Focus Features to push Promising Young Woman to the fall of 2021. Best Actress seems to be quite stacked, as of now, and I would love for Carey to get a nomintion (and possibly a win) for this. I also think it should go to more festivals, like Telluride or TIFF.

I agree but I’m not sure if Focus Features does. I think if they release it then Mulligan I think could be competitive for the Globe.

Although I do think she (ironically) could be at trouble at BAFTA if the film is released. Kirby and Winslet are probably getting nominated there considering how much BAFTA love both of them and Sally Hawkins could possibly get in too. I don’t see a scenario where BAFTA go for 4 British actors (at least two of whom will probably not get nominated at the Oscars) and then just Davis and McDormand unless Adams, Pfeiffer and Loren bomb.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So in terms of predictions for the win/top place ranking in the odds here’s how the contenders fare per group :

Experts

8 – McDormand
    3 – Hudson
    2 – Davis, Kirby
    1 – Winslet

Editors

6 – Davis
    1 – McDormand

Top 24

10 – Davis
    5 – McDormand
    3 – Pfeiffer
    2 – Day, Winslet
    1 – Kirby

All Star

13 – Davis
    4 – McDormand, Pfeiffer
    1 – Day, Kirby, Winslet

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Johansson being the “hot newcomer” of the year is still so funny to me, especially since she the lead of a BP nominee during the first Bush administration.

What I meant was “hot newcomer to the Oscars” since Marriage Story and Jojo were her first two Oscar noms. And she didn’t really become well known until 2010 (Iron Man 2).

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

What I meant was “hot newcomer to the Oscars” since Marriage Story and Jojo were her first two Oscar noms. And she didn’t really become well known until 2010 (Iron Man 2).

That’s just a false statement.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I don’t think she’s winning but would be funny if McDormand was the sleeper we were underestimating this season à la Zellweger or Ali because we couldn’t imagine them winning another Oscar at the moment in time.

I’m predicting McDormand right now. The stats are against her but she has the passion, just like Parasite last year. I think Viola will be hurt by Boseman’s reception: they won’t give Ma Rainey two acting Oscars, and they especially won’t give Netflix 3 if Close wins. The only other possible winners are Kirby, who has a weak film and, unlike Zellweger/Streep/Moore, no narrative; and Hudson, who’s entirely dependant on the success of her film to win.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

That’s just a false statement.

She wasn’t in any major films before Iron Man 2. And don’t say The Presitge: that’s Nolan’s 2nd most niche film.

The fact is that the type of people who make up these forums (including me) are the large minority of moviegoers, and the majority only know Actors and Actresses who star in blockbusters or win Oscars.

Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

She wasn’t in any major films before Iron Man 2. And don’t say The Presitge: that’s Nolan’s 2nd most niche film. The fact is that the type of people who make up these forums (including me) are the large minority of moviegoers, and the majority only know Actors and Actresses who star in blockbusters or win Oscars.

Bro, she was Woody Allen’s muse, released an album, starred in multiple Oscar nominated movies, and considered one of the hottest blonde bombshells in the 2000s known for her boobs/looks and hypersexualized roles. All before Iron Man 2.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Johansson was already very well known in the 00’s for Lost In Translation and her successful Woody Allen movies

She was literally THE hot new girl

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actress - Glenn Close
    Best Supp Actor - Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

Davis and Pfeiffer will both win the Globes, but I still have a feeling that the latter will surprise at BAFTA. Both have previously won there in the supporting category.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

When is ‘The French Exit’ supposed to premiere at NYFF, bc I know it’s the closing night film.

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

When is ‘The French Exit’ supposed to premiere at NYFF, bc I know it’s the closing night film.

10/10/20.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress’ is closed to new replies.