Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 496 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Bassett
David
  • Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

10/10/20.

You hear that everybody? Mark that date on your calenders because that’s when this thread is going to have nothing to talk about once Pfieffer gives a once in a lifetime performance and sweeps everywhere!

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

To be clear, everything’s going to flop this year.

Regardless of box office, the last person Viola would want to compete against is Jennifer imo. Both are former winners sure to be giving showstopping portrayals of strong black female singers (although from very different eras). You can be obtuse if you want, but voters can easily have trouble deciding and just go elsewhere. Then you might have some going for the more respected actress (Viola) and some for the more respected role (Aretha). Rami and Renee didn’t have those problems. Remember that Rocketman came out the following year.

I’m also having a hard time buying that the Academy will want to award a third Oscar to McDormand so soon.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

The Academy will definitely reward McDormand for a third time before they reward Hudson for a second lol, especially since Hudson’s film will probably receive mixed reviews and I doubt it will be a big hit with audiences because of its running time and it apparently is pretty dramatic.

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

The Academy will definitely reward McDormand for a third time before they reward Hudson for a second lol, especially since Hudson’s film will probably receive mixed reviews and I doubt it will be a big hit with audiences because of its running time and it apparently is pretty dramatic.

After 2003 and before 2019, I’m sure a lot of people thought Charlize would get a second Oscar before Renee did, but look what happened.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

After 2003 and before 2019, I’m sure a lot of people thought Charlize would get a second Oscar before Renee did, but look what happened.

Huh? What does that even mean lol. Theron and Zellweger are both much, much more respected actors than Hudson. Hudson’s acting career post Oscar is a joke. There’s no reason why the industry would rush to give her a second Oscar.

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

Huh? What does that even mean lol. Theron and Zellweger are both much, much more respected actors than Hudson. Hudson’s acting career post Oscar is a joke. There’s no reason why the industry would rush to give her a second Oscar.

It means that you never know what could happen. Hardly anyone thought Sandra Bullock would get anywhere close to the podium again, but she almost did a few years later. Anyway, it’s all a moot point because my original argument was that I could see both Viola and Jennifer going home empty handed if nominated together this year.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Hudson is nowhere near Zellweger’s level in the first place. And let’s not forget that she won for the perfect role (that already won a Tony and a Grammy before that) at the perfect time since her category was incredibly weak. Her nearest competitor was literally a 10 year old girl

Her most talked about movie post 2006 is literally Cats, aka the laughing stock of the year. That’s how bad her movie career is and there’s no way she pulls a 2/2

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo
    Best Supp Actress - Glenn Close
    Best Supp Actor - Chadwick Boseman

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

Hudson is nowhere near Zellweger’s level in the first place. Let’s not forget that she won for the perfect role (that already won a Tony and a Grammy before that) at the perfect time since her category was incredibly weak. Her nearest competitor was literally a 10 year old girl

Her most talked about movie post 2006 is literally Cats, aka the laughing stock of the year. That’s how bad her movie career is

But is that really due to Jennifer’s lack of talents or lack of opportunities as a black actress in Hollywood?

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

It means that you never know what could happen. Hardly anyone thought Sandra Bullock would get anywhere close to the podium again, but she almost did a few tears later.

I don’t know where you keep pulling these comparisons from lol. Now Bullock? She was America’s sweetheart and was in a crowd pleasing film that made a ton of money at the BO. Was also a BP nominee, and it was her first time winning. Hudson, again, has no where near the same respect (lol) that Bullock has within the industry. Winning a second Oscar isn’t an easy task, and I’m definitely not about to think that Hudson, of all people, will pull it off, especially when there are various alternatives.

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

I don’t know where you keep pulling these comparisons from lol. Now Bullock? She was America’s sweetheart and was in a crowd pleasing film that made a ton of money at the BO. Was also a BP nominee, and it was her first time winning. Hudson, again, has no where near the same respect (lol) that Bullock has within the industry. Winning a second Oscar isn’t an easy task, and I’m definitely not about to think that Hudson, of all people, will pull it off, especially when there are various alternatives.

And yet Bullock was literally labeled one of the worst Best Actress winners ever. Before Gravity, most would’ve argued that she’d have a tougher time even getting to a second nomination than Jennifer would. My point is sometimes our predictions don’t pan out.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Hudson is getting the Egerton treatment at best.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

But is that really due to Jennifer’s lack of talents or lack of opportunities as a black actress in Hollywood?

Both

Again, Effie White was tailor made for her and her Oscar winning scene (that already won a Tony and Grammy) was a show stopping moment that I don’t see her ever topping. Everyone knows she can sing her lungs off, but otherwise she’s a mediocre actress at best

FYC :

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

And yet Bullock was literally labeled one of the worst Best Actress winners ever. Before Gravity, most would’ve argued that she’d have a tougher time even getting to a second nomination than Jennifer would.

But Gravity was the perfect vehicle though ? Most acclaimed movie of the year, won a trillion awards, directing achievement, $700M+ at the box office. Respect will do none of these

FYC :

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

And yet Bullock was literally labeled one of the worst Best Actress winners ever. Before Gravity, most would’ve argued that she’d have a tougher time even getting to a second nomination than Jennifer would. My point is sometimes our predictions don’t pan out.

You keep comparing Bullock to Hudson as if they are even remotely in the same league lol. One is capable of giving a performance like that in Gravity and one is not. One is also a lot more respected in Hollywood.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Hudson is getting the Egerton treatment at best.

If Egerton could miss after hitting all the precursors, winning the Globe against Dicaprio and playing Elton John out of all people, then Hudson is absolutely not safe

FYC :

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress’ is closed to new replies.