Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 496 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Bassett
David
  • Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Especially in Lead.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Well the reason why I think she could win is I think she has buzz. She had buzz for her performance in The Favourite, her film being a BP contender and her casting in The Crown. She’ll have more buzz on The Crown side this time and her film this time is also a BP contender so it just depends on her performance because I think she’s walking away with a BAFTA for The Father regardless of her category placement.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Kelvin
    Topics:

I’m pretty confident Colman isn’t winning anything and will just be filler everywhere. The Ali and Waltz comparisons are flawed imo.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Well the reason why I think she could win is I think she has buzz. She had buzz for her performance in The Favourite, her film being a BP contender and her casting in The Crown. She’ll have more buzz on The Crown side this time and her film this time is also a BP contender so it just depends on her performance because I think she’s walking away with a BAFTA for The Father regardless of her category placement.

That’ll help her chances for winning the Globe/SAG/Emmy for The Crown, not a second Oscar for The Father, especially when a lot of the attention will go to Hopkins. Also, a large part of the reason why she won for TF was because of the strength of her film. McDormand will clearly have the strongest film in this category, so Colman being in a BP contender isn’t necessarily a giant plus this time around. Then you also have the fact that people who have seen the film, say that she’s supporting. A second win is just not happening.

Profile picture
    Disgraced Eve Polastri Stan
    Topics:

Well the reason why I think she could win is I think she has buzz. She had buzz for her performance in The Favourite, her film being a BP contender and her casting in The Crown. She’ll have more buzz on The Crown side this time and her film this time is also a BP contender so it just depends on her performance because I think she’s walking away with a BAFTA for The Father regardless of her category placement.

Being well-liked and having a certain level of acclaim or “buzz” are important but they’re only two small pieces of the puzzle. She was at the very center of a campaign by one of the most successful studios of the decade for The Favourite, and she’s now not even the main priority of a significantly smaller studio, in fact the very same one that was not able to net Close a win.

Ali and Waltz benefitted from being the main pushes of films with much more significant financial backing than The Father and faced off against supporting players who were not the focus of their respective campaigns. I don’t doubt Colman will get the nomination, but she just doesn’t have anywhere close to the same amount of resources she did last time to win.

Profile picture
    Gabe Guarin
    Topics:

Being well-liked and having a certain level of acclaim or “buzz” are important but they’re only two small pieces of the puzzle. She was at the very center of a campaign by one of the most successful studios of the decade for The Favourite, and she’s now not even the main priority of a significantly smaller studio, in fact the very same one that was not able to net Close a win. Ali and Waltz benefitted from being the main pushes of films with much more significant financial backing than The Father and faced off against supporting players who were not the focus of their respective campaigns. I don’t doubt Colman will get the nomination, but she just doesn’t have anywhere close to the same amount of resources she did last time to win.

Exactly. I doubt Colman is gonna be given nearly as much attention as Hopkins in SPC’s campaign for an actual win, no matter how great the performance is.

Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

Colman already was lazy (compared to a lot of other contenders) on the promo and campaigning for the eventual lead win for the Favourite, u think she’s going to do more for a supporting nomination/win lol.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Colman was not ‘lazy’, she was filming The Crown iirc.

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

I’m pretty confident that neither Colman, Kirby, or Winslet is winning Best Actress this year.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m pretty confident that Winslet is not even getting nominated for Best Actress this year.

Fixed it for you.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Hudson is just not happening under a no-name distributor. Her best case scenario is being a GG+SAG snubee come nominations.

Respect is an MGM movie. They’re same studio handling the new PTA flick.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The irony that even if Day and Hudson exit this race due to their films being pushed back the competition for a nomination is tougher than last year’s Actress race because of how after Davis and McDormand there is still Kirby, Adams, Loren, Pfeiffer, a potential Streep namecheck and even Winslet and Moss who could get in. And Colman if she goes Lead.

Profile picture
    Gabe Guarin
    Topics:

Well, Ma Rainey I believe is confirmed for a December release. I can’t wait!

Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

END OF WEEK 4 PREDICTIONS

Best Actress

1. Viola Davis (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom)
    2. Frances McDormand (Nomadland)
    3. Kate Winslet (Ammonite)
    4. Amy Adams (Hillbilly Elegy)
    5. Jennifer Hudson (Respect)
    Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

I also can’t see SPC bumping Colman up to lead when they have Pfeiffer this year. They’ve got a good chance to score lead wins with vets Hopkins and Pfeiffer, especially with the former. Ironically, the latter turned down the iconic role of Clarice Starling in the SOTL.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress’ is closed to new replies.