Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 496 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Bassett
David
  • Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

Fuck it, I’m stating my opinion outright – I think Davis is my prediction. Those stills have helped my gut feeling.

If Three Billboards hadn’t gotten Frances McDormand a win, this would be an entirely different conversation.

Vanessa Kirby I think gets a nomination if Netflix doesn’t drop the ball, but I’m not sure she wins. There is a non-zero chance she’ll be the only thing nominated about Pieces of a Woman. But this is Best Actress, where Still Alice can win and the only further ornaments The Iron Lady and Judy had were makeup. If any acting category comes closest to focusing exclusively on performances for who wins, it’s Actress. If anything, I think she will probably do very well on the critic’s circuit. If that can get converted to Globes/SAG/BAFTA momentum, which remains the part I am skeptical about, I will put Kirby as my #1.

I don’t have another 2 locks yet. I remain skeptical of Hillbilly Elegy outside of Glenn Close. I’m not quite sure about French Exit. Respect seems like it would have annihilated the 00’s academy, but I’m not quite sure how it will fare in 2021.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Ofc you’re referring to me. No one else here is stanning her. But whatever. I don’t want to do this. (And I didn’t see that you had edited your comment anyway.)

The thing is, I am not even a Viola stan! I am rooting for McDormand personally. But I can see just how perfectly the stars are aligning for Viola. And those stills do indicate that this will be a big performance, although I’m sure most of us already knew that. She will be only the second black actress to win the Oscar for Lead Actress, and the ONLY black actress to win more than one Oscar. If she has the performance, she is coming for the win.

Yup, she’s already got the narrative! She really just needs the film to be decent and her performance to be extraordinary!

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ofc you’re referring to me. No one else here is stanning her. But whatever. I don’t want to do this.

Luca if I’m literally saying I’m not referring to you in a post then how am I referring to you? I’m assuming you literally didn’t read any of the last thread unless you’ve just decided to join in with the gaslighting or are getting defensive about your precious Viola for some reason?

Just because I post something about Viola Davis it does not mean it refers to YOU just as you often state how when you post something about Vanessa Kirby it does not mean it refers to ME.

Honestly let’s just leave it here.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Yup, she’s already got the narrative! She really just needs the film to be decent and her performance to be extraordinary!

Her film would normally not have gotten anywhere near the massive buzz it will now release due to Chadwick’s tragic death. That buzz will generate into viewership a film like this might not have gotten otherwise. That too will help her.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Ofc you’re referring to me. No one else here is stanning her. But whatever. I don’t want to do this. (And I didn’t see that you had edited your comment anyway.)

He was propably referring to me, since I was the one who posted her picture and said ‘It’s over girls’ lol.

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

I’m just going to say, can we try to prune this obnoxious petty fighting immediately? I get that 2020’s Best Actress was a sweep that didn’t have a lot of unpredictable excitement (remember when people made up a fictional film staring Yalitza Aparicio so we could have something new to talk about?), but just because this is a race that might have actual competition doesn’t mean we need to start immediately slapfighting and slandering other users. Argue over which precursors matter or which release strategy is better rather than over which user is a lying rat or whatever.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

VIOLA DAVIS 😍😍😍

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m just going to say, can we try to prune this obnoxious petty fighting immediately? I get that 2020’s Best Actress was a sweep that didn’t have a lot of unpredictable excitement (remember when people made up a fictional film staring Yalitza Aparicio so we could have something new to talk about?), but just because this is a race that might have actual competition doesn’t mean we need to start immediately slapfighting and slandering other users. Argue over which precursors matter or which release strategy is better rather than over which user is a lying rat or whatever.

Thank you. I don’t understand (and this applies to all races) when someone states they think such and such is winning a race people who think another person is winning somehow paint them as spreaders of “lies” and “fiction”.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

He was propably referring to me, since I was the one who posted her picture and said ‘It’s over girls’ lol.

I am sure he was referring to me because I said Viola is coming for the win.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Not Best Actress already moving faster than the other threads

is anyone even surprised ?

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actor - Daniel Kaluuya, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

My predictions as of now:

#1 – Kirby

#2 – McDormand

#3 – Davis

#4 – Pfeiffer

#5 – Adams

FYC Oscars: Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mark Rylance (Trial of the Chicago 7), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Soul (Best Picture, Best Animated Feature Film, and Best Original Screenplay)

FYC Golden Globes (TV): Ted Lasso (Best Comedy Series), Jason Sudekis (Best Actor in a Comedy Series), Hannah Waddingham (Best Supporting Actress), The Boys (Best Drama Series), Anthony Starr (Best Actor in a Drama Series)

Profile picture
    greenshark
    Topics:

McDormand will be acclaimed all season long & will safely get in everywhere, but will not contend anywhere for the win.

Pfeiffer maybe has the slightly quirky and darkly comedic performance that makes it in every other year. The nomination will be seen as her reward, a welcome back to the Academy sort of thing.

From what little we’ve heard so far, Andra Day has THE revelatory performance that the industry will be passionate and eventually rallies around for. She’s being underestimated at the moment but come Oscars night, I think it’ll come down to her vs. Davis.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

I truly hope the Legend Sophia Loren makes a comeback and get that nomination.

I guess Halle Berry will compete next year.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

I LOVE Viola, but I kind of wish they would have casted Monique as Ma Rainey. She was incredible in the HBO movie.

Profile picture
    sheilagriley1973
    Topics:

THOSE STILLS! Ma Rainey is a force to be reckoned with. Viola: clear your trophy case, girl!! She looks amazing & Chadwick too. Plus those sets & costumes!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Actress’ is closed to new replies.