Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Adapted and Original Screenplay

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Adapted and Original Screenplay

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 494 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
SN
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

The critics awards really have some people convinced that the Oscars are suddenly going to turn into the Indie Spirit Awards.

and not even the good spirit awards lol

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

If you’re referring to what I’ve said they’re not the reason I am predicting PYW to win Screenplay or predicting a nomination for Never Rarely Sometimes Always. I had both predictions before the critics awards for other reasons.

I wasn’t referring to anyone in specific, just a general observation about the mood here

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

The 40-Year-Old Version definitely needs to happen in Original Screenplay. Netflix better campaign hard.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I wasn’t referring to anyone in specific, just a general observation about the mood here

Oh ok. I can’t speak for everyone else but that’s at least why myself and some of us predicting more leftfield/indie choices are doing so.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

END OF WEEK 16 PREDICTIONS

1) The Trial of the Chicago 7
    2) Minari
    3) Mank
    4) Promising Young Woman
    5) Soul

1) Nomadland
    2) One Night in Miami
    3) The Father
    4) Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    5) News of the World

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

I feel like Mank isn’t 100% secured here, in fact it seems to be falling out in a lot of categories. While I don’t usually listen that much to critic awards, I’m noticing a pattern here. Unfortunately, I’m also starting to think that Fincher won’t win for best director. 🙁

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m feeling more and more confident <i>I’m Thinking of Ending Things </i>will slip into Adapted Screenplay.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

these categories are boring.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I’m feeling more and more confident <i>I’m Thinking of Ending Things </i>will slip into Adapted Screenplay.

You’re again paying to much attention to critics awards.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You’re again paying to much attention to critics awards.

LMAO I’m the person who has been telling people not to look at critics awards too much.

The reason I’m feeling more and more confident is because it’s script has passion, it is one of the most widely viewed films of the year and written by a writer who has been nominated 3 times and won once.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

LMAO I’m the person who has been telling people not to look at critics awards too much.

The reason I’m feeling more and more confident is because it’s script has passion, it is one of the most widely viewed films of the year and written by a writer who has been nominated 3 times and won once.

Where does this passion comes from? The industry? I genuinely want to know.

Kaufman is not working with Spike Jonze anymore. The days of nominating his screenwriting are over.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Kaufman is not working with Spike Jonze anymore. The days of nominating his screenwriting are over.

I didn’t realise Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was directed by Spike Jonze…

Where does this passion comes from? The industry?

Yes. I have spoken to people I know in the industry (albeit the British one) and it’s one of the few films that has wide visibility. These screenplay categories tend to nominate acclaimed unconventional scripts as lone nominees for their films.

I’m not saying it will get nominated but to rule it out of a lone screenplay nomination at this point with all those things in mind and the fact it is written by a 3 time nominee feels like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Yes. I have spoken to people I know in the industry (albeit the British one) and it’s one of the few films that has wide visibility. These screenplay categories tend to nominate acclaimed unconventional scripts as lone nominees for their films.

I’m not saying it will get nominated but to rule it out of a lone screenplay nomination at this point with all those things in mind and the fact it is written by a 3 time nominee feels like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I’m ruling it out because the Academy will never nominate that absurdity of a film.

We have four locks in this category (Nomadland, The Father, Ma Rainey and One Night in Miami). The fifth one is never gonna be weird shit like ITOET. Even First Cow has much better chances.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m ruling it out because the Academy will never nominate that absurdity of a film.

I thought you said you don’t like it when people use their own personal bias against or for a film when making predictions. Yet you’re contradicting your own methodology.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I thought you said you don’t like it when people use their own personal bias against or for a film when making predictions. Yet you’re contradicting your own methodology.

The film IS absurd. That’s not my personal opinion, it’s a fact. I actually kinda enjoyed it and wouldn’t mind if it was nominated. But I know the Academy is not gonna do that, specially when there are around 6 films with clearly stronger chances.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Adapted and Original Screenplay’ is closed to new replies.