Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Best Director (Part 3)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Best Director (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 499 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
John Berchmans
BetteDavis
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Globe (Drama) –  The Father
    Globe (Musical or Comedy) – Promising Young Woman
    SAG – The Trial of the Chicago 7
    DGA – Mank
    WGA (Original) – Mank
    WGA (Adapted) – Nomadland
    PGA – Nomadland
    BAFTA – The Father
    Oscar – ?

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

Globe (Drama) – The Father Globe (Musical or Comedy) – Promising Young Woman SAG – The Trial of the Chicago 7 DGA – Mank WGA (Original) – Mank WGA (Adapted) – Nomadland PGA – Nomadland BAFTA – The Father Oscar – ?

I disagree that Nomadland will win the WGA. I think Ma Rainey’s or The Father or One Night In Miami gets that Screenplay award, they’re more “screenwritery” scripts with big concepts and monologues.

I think The Prom could get that Musical/Comedy Globe given that the Globes are Ryan Murphy stans, even though I agree that Promising Young Woman will have Carey Mulligan success there.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Confirmed that Judas and the Black Messiah is probably going to HBO Max: https://variety.com/2020/film/news/coronavirus-movie-theaters-release-dates-1234842520/

Yeah if WB is sending Godzilla vs Kong to HBO Max I think Judas is probably going there too.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Director: George Clooney-The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Actress: Viola Davis-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo-Da Five Bloods
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried-Mank
    Best Original Screenplay: Soul
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Midnight Sky

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Globe (Drama) – The Father Globe (Musical or Comedy) – Promising Young Woman SAG – The Trial of the Chicago 7 DGA – Mank WGA (Original) – Mank WGA (Adapted) – Nomadland PGA – Nomadland BAFTA – The Father Oscar – ?

I have a gut feeling that tells me Nomadland will win BAFTA while The Father will win Best British Film (isn’t it eligible for that?). I also don’t think that Trials will win anything (it’s such a shame that in the year we have Small Axe, The Trials of Chicago 7 still exists peacefully). Ensemble trophy perhaps will be given to Mank or Ma Rainey.

BTW, the screenplay of Mank is not really raved, so it may be awarded to Trials or Judas.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

I think Mank is less likely to be divisive than The Revenant. I think it’s problem is more that it could be more like 1917: a technically revolutionary piece of art that the voters have no real passion for. Although Mank does have an advantage over 1917 in that voters may respond more to a story about the making of Citizen Kane than a war film that they may have dismissed as inferior to other war films of past.

1917 a technically revolutionary piece of art????
    WHAT???
    LOOOOOL!!

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

GG DRAMA – One Night In Miami
    GG COMEDY/MUSICAL – The Prom
    CRITICS CHOICE – Nomadland
    PGA – Mank
    DGA – Mank
    SAG – One Night In Miami
    WGA – Soul / One Night In Miami
    BAFTA – Mank
    OSCAR – One Night In Miami

Profile picture
    Monty
    Topics:

GG DRAMA – One Night In Miami
    GG COMEDY/MUSICAL – The Prom
    CRITICS CHOICE – Nomadland
    PGA – Mank
    DGA – Mank
    SAG – One Night In Miami
    WGA – Soul / One Night In Miami
    BAFTA – Mank
    OSCAR – One Night In Miami

I think SAG ensemble is between Chicago 7 and Ma Rainey.

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

I think it’s between Chicago 7 and One Night In Miami and I feel the latter might Parasite it.
    I think there’s a chance Ma Rainey gets snubbed for ensemble. Either way I don’t see it winning.

Profile picture
    H. H.
    Topics:

GG DRAMA – One Night In Miami GG COMEDY/MUSICAL – The Prom CRITICS CHOICE – Nomadland PGA – Mank DGA – Mank SAG – One Night In Miami WGA – Soul / One Night In Miami BAFTA – Mank OSCAR – One Night In Miami

The Prom is not winning the Globe. They will go with movie that actually has a shot at getting Oscar noms and that’s Promising Young Woman.

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

I think there’s a chance Ma Rainey gets snubbed for ensemble.

I don’t see it. It’s a robust ensemble drama based on an acclaimed play complete with monologues, showing on Netflix. Classic SAG bait.

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

The Prom is not winning the Globe. They will go with movie that actually has a shot at getting Oscar noms and that’s Promising Young Woman.

I actually think Promising Young Woman is going to get completely snubbed at the Oscars. Between the two, I think the Prom is likelier in most categories, including Picture.

Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

I actually think Promising Young Woman is going to get completely snubbed at the Oscars. Between the two, I think the Prom is likelier in most categories, including Picture.

Profile picture
    BetteDavis
    Topics:

I genuinely think Promising Young Woman, Minari, The Father, or Nomadland could win Best Picture this year over Mank or The Trial of the Chicago 7, both of which I have a hard time imagining voters feeling super passionate about.  Especially since Mank is apparently not super accessible at all.

I think we’ll see a strange passion pick win this year.

My profile on Letterboxd https://letterboxd.com/Icecreamb

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I do think The Prom could still win Picture there, considering their basic taste. However, Meryl is not beating Carey Mulligan. The latter has far more acclaim and Meryl is getting overshadowed by her co-star in several reviews.

Profile picture
    BetteDavis
    Topics:

The Prom will get nominated for a ton of Globes, but will walk away with 0 wins.

My profile on Letterboxd https://letterboxd.com/Icecreamb

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Best Director (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.