Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 11)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 498 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
SN
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Green Book won without Director though, right?

I know, but Green Book had more acting noms, and was a crowdpleasing box office success instead of a Netflix film.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

The way Minari is one of the only 2 best picture nominees at SAG Ensemble. I’m going to go ahead and predict its win now.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

The way Minari is one of the only 2 best picture nominees at SAG Ensemble. I’m going to go ahead and predict its win now.

Omg yeah and imagine if it wins Ensemble…
    Minari is going to be a threat to Nomadland.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    KingOfMovies
    Topics:

Thank god Regina King (was NEVER getting BD in first place) did not get anywhere the list. I feel sorry for people who thought her “direction” was even good. There was nothing notable in her directing.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

The Father was never missing Best Picture with that AACTA and BAFTA combo and the fact it still landed at SAG. I’m glad I stuck to my instincts.

Yes, the same happens with me although my dumb self removes it from the production design category. That film deserves everything.

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

Good to see Mank as the nominations leader. It really deserved an additional 2 nominations, but 10 nominations is nothing to scoff at. And that makeup nomination was well-deserved.

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Omg yeah and imagine if it wins Ensemble… Minari is going to be a threat to Nomadland.

Eh it missed editing and I dont think it’s going to win Screenplay.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Thank you Academy for giving Judas and the Black Messiah an overperforming 6 noms. It even managed to get a BP nomination while other stronger black-themed contenders got snubbed.

The one that should be snubbed is Mank, but I’m fine with the result since both ONIM and Ma Rainey are not better than SoM or The Father.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Apart from Mank and Chicago 7, this Picture lineup is half of my personal awards lineup lmao.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

This is truly the most diverse set of stories I can remember being nominated. Stories elevating people with disability, Asian people, Black people, migrants, transgender actors, a Muslim man nominated for lead for the first time, WOMEN’S stories told by women for women, women filmmakers, writers, directors and producers, stories about male violence, stories about aging-induced disability.

I don’t love Chicago 7 or Mank, but I think the diversity in stories and achievements is something pretty special.

Profile picture
    Kafka_Gyllenhaal
    Topics:

I’m so happy I had predicted Vinterberg! Got 5/5 for director 😎

Lucky… I had the DGA 5 but was considering taking out Sorkin or Fennell and putting Regina King back in (which in hindsight probably would not have helped.) To think that last night I eyed Vinterberg’s name for a second, wondering… I had him as a potential upset. The one time I should have trusted my gut.

FYC: Minari for Everything

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m loving Emerald Fennell’s reaction.

https://twitter.com/emeraldfennell/status/1371458745155354635

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Kafka_Gyllenhaal
    Topics:

All the same I am very glad about Vinterberg’s nomination, especially for a film that was so personal to him. And the Academy is finishing its 5-10 BP run with the old “8 BP noms, 1 left-field director nom” tradition. If A24 did a bit more campaigning for First Cow I’m sure Reichardt could have been that surprise no. 5

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

– 2 Asian directors nominated in Director together for the first time.
    – 2 female directors nominated in Director together for the first time.
    – The first all black production team nominated for Best Picture

Can we have these nominees in Picture and Director every year lol.

Profile picture
    Kafka_Gyllenhaal
    Topics:

So much for all my semantics about Father and JatBM getting in based on 8 or 9 nominees and maybe Sound of Metal will get in if Father misses the BAFTA and yada yada… only to end up having Father and Sound of Metal in 9 and 10 and missing them. Sigh.

– 2 Asian directors nominated in Director together for the first time. – 2 female directors nominated in Director together for the first time. – The first all black production team nominated for Best Picture Can we have these nominees in Picture and Director every year lol.

Yes please.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.