Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 11)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 498 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
SN
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

Does anyone know what time PGA starts?

Profile picture
    Sagand
    Topics:

It’s 5-6:30pm PT (just over 4 hours)

Profile picture
    federico rubachin
    Topics:

17 PST

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Minari can be the one to break the stat of a BP winner w/o an Editing nomination! (I did’t include Birdman because of the nature of its editing)

This is exactly the type of movie that does well in a preferential ballot. Not that matters much, but we did a poll here on Gold Derby ranking the 10 nominees at PGA and Minari won (I used the Oscar method). This is a movie most people will put either #1, #2 or #3.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Minari can be the one to break the stat of a BP winner w/o an Editing nomination! (I did’t include Birdman because of the nature of its editing) This is exactly the type of movie that does well in a preferential ballot. Not that matters much, but we did a poll here on Gold Derby ranking the 10 nominees at PGA and Minari won (I used the Oscar method). This is a movie most people will put either #1, #2 or #3.

I can’t see it winning Screenplay for the life of me, so I highly highly doubt it

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Minari is too weak with its editing and BAFTA snubs. It could win, but I have to keep it in fourth. This is largely why I predicted Spotlight to lose to The Big Short, with the former missing ACE and BAFTA Direction, plus the spotty run in acting precursor nominations. I am not jumping over to Promising Young Woman because Nomadland has not faltered.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I am not jumping over to Promising Young Woman because Nomadland has not faltered.

I’m sending it. NGNG. I’m ready to get burned, but I did it with Parasite last year. I’m ready.

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Minari breaks the stat of BP winners coming from editing nominees then it would be a novelty. I don’t understand these comparisons with Birdman when Birdman‘s snub was due to the editing giving off the allusion that the film was one long take. That’s evidently not the case with Minari.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Darlings Minari is not happening even if it was the winner at the Goldderby’s PGA. The subtitle bias still exists.</p>

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

If Minari breaks the stat of BP winners coming from editing nominees then it would be a novelty. I don’t understand these comparisons with Birdman when Birdman‘s snub was due to the editing giving off the allusion that the film was one long take. That’s evidently not the case with Minari.

That’s exactly what I meant. Who’s comparing Minari to Birdman?

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Nameizmann
    Topics:

Minari is not Birdman, but it still has very low key editing. So i think the snub hurts less than it would for other films + the ACE nomination is impressive.

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Riz Ahmed after he wins Best Actor because of Netflix

Fun fact I made this gif over 3 years ago lmao

https://seviippyong.tumblr.com/post/163526301344/riz-ahmed-in-charli-xcx-boys-mv

Funny to sometimes stumble upon my own stuff online.
    Sorry for the OT post, I couldn’t ignore this.

Emmy FYC:

Limited Series Lead Actor: Oscar Isaac (Scenes from a Marriage)
    Limited Series Lead Actress: Jessica Chastain (Scenes from a Marriage)

Maid in all categories (Especially Margaret Qualley)
    The Great in all categories (Especially Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and Writing)
    Better Call Saul in all categories
    Severance in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

PGA summed up:

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

LOL Nomadland is so far and away at #1, Minari will be a safe #2 if it wins SAG and the others idc, that’s it folks.

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Kaley Cuoco ("The Flight Attendant"), Janelle James ("Abbott Elementary"), Mandy Moore ("This is Us"), Colin Firth ("The Staircase"), Christine Baranski ("The Good Fight"), Katja Herbers ("Evil").

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.