Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 6)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
John Berchmans
SN
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Honestly I feel like the way it was phrased it was almost as if the user was against people of colour getting nominated or they are just finding every reason in the world to hate on contenders to suit their narrative. Why other reason is there that Amazon (who got both Fleabag and Maisel nominated at the Emmys and have billions of dollars at their disposal) can’t get two performers in?

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Some people just don’t want to hear the truth on these forums…

You and David Holmes two months ago saying Andra Day was winning because she was in a Lee Daniels film.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Leo's burner
    Topics:

You and David Holmes two months ago saying Andra Day was winning because she was in a Lee Daniels film.

That wasn’t the only reason I was predicting her to win… I’m pretty sure you’re the same person who said Emma can slip into Bp and said it was this year’s Ford v. Ferrari.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

who said Emma can slip into Bp.

Notice how I said could and not will. I never predicted Emma. You and David Holmes claiming high profile director = Oscar win on the other hand was something you were pushing down everyone’s thoughts for months because you were both rooting hard for the film.

Yet you accuse everyone else on this forum of predictions bias.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

David Holmes

Why did you have to bring me into this???

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Why did you have to bring me into this???

Because you and that other user honestly seem like the same person lol.

Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

I was just thinking the same thing lmao

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

I tried to refrain from getting on here as much till the televised awards start, but since I’m here, here are my predictions:

Updated Best Director Predictions:

1. Chloe Zhao- ‘Nomadland’
    2. David Fincher- ‘Mank’
    3. Shaka King- ‘Judas and the Black Messiah’
    4. Paul Greengrass- ‘News of the World’
    5. Aaron Sorkin- ‘The Trial of the Chicago 7’

6. Florian Zeller- ‘The Father’
    7. Spike Lee- ‘Da 5 Bloods’
    8. Regina King- ‘One Night in Miami’
    9. George C. Wolfe- ‘Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom’
    10. Emerald Fennell- ‘Promising Young Woman’

Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

I tried to refrain from getting on here as much till the televised awards start, but since I’m here, here are my predictions:

Updated Best Director Predictions:

1. Chloe Zhao- ‘Nomadland’
    2. David Fincher- ‘Mank’
    3. Shaka King- ‘Judas and the Black Messiah’
    4. Paul Greengrass- ‘News of the World’
    5. Aaron Sorkin- ‘The Trial of the Chicago 7’

6. Florian Zeller- ‘The Father’
    7. Spike Lee- ‘Da 5 Bloods’
    8. Regina King- ‘One Night in Miami’
    9. George C. Wolfe- ‘Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom’
    10. Emerald Fennell- ‘Promising Young Woman’

Greengrass in Director? God, some people just don’t know how to predict.

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-jung
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Promising Young Woman

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

We talked a lot about lessons learnt from last year but I think the real lesson that needs to be learnt is that two similar films aren’t both getting into Picture. In subject matter The Farewell and Parasite couldn’t be more different but both were black comedies focusing on Asian families that were told largely in another language. Whilst it isn’t the principal reason why The Farewell under-performed the fact that Parasite did so well and was being celebrated as “the bold black comedy about an Asian family in another language” hurt it.

IMO only one of Ma Rainey and One Night in Miami will get into Picture considering how similar they are in set up as “stagey period pieces with themes around institutional racism”. Perhaps one of The Trial of the Chicago 7 and Judas and the Black Messiah might be affected by this because of the fact that both have similar subject matters (although I’m sure in execution and stylistically both are very different).

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Some of you keep telling me Judas can’t win because of the HBO Max thing. Please tell me which film exactly suffer from your so-called “industry conspiracy against streaming service” in BP race? Give me proof, not your guess.

And don’t tell me ROMA.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

We talked a lot about lessons learnt from last year but I think the real lesson that needs to be learnt is that two similar films aren’t both getting into Picture. In subject matter The Farewell and Parasite couldn’t be more different but both were black comedies focusing on Asian families that were told largely in another language. Whilst it isn’t the principal reason why The Farewell under-performed the fact that Parasite did so well and was being celebrated as “the bold black comedy about an Asian family in another language” hurt it.

IMO only one of Ma Rainey and One Night in Miami will get into Picture considering how similar they are in set up as “stagey period pieces with themes around institutional racism”. Perhaps one of The Trial of the Chicago 7 and Judas and the Black Messiah might be affected by this because of the fact that both have similar subject matters (although I’m sure in execution and stylistically both are very different).

Dunkirk and Darkest Hour were both about the exact same historic event (Operation Dynamo) during World War II.

The Imitation Game and The Theory of Everything were both period pics about famous British scientists.

The Artist and Hugo were both tributes to cinema set during the 1920s.

Saving Private Ryan and The Thin Red Line were both about battles during the World War II.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Spike Lee will get in Directing, and he may be the actual runner-up/challenger to Zhao.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Dunkirk and Darkest Hour were both about the exact same historic event (Operation Dynamo) during World War II.

The Imitation Game and The Theory of Everything were both period pics about famous British scientists.

The Artist and Hugo were both tributes to cinema set during the 1920s.

Saving Private Ryan and The Thin Red Line were both about battles during the World War II.

dont bother entertaining baseless theories by desperate stans hoping to keep their fave film’s chances alive.

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I was just thinking the same thing lmao

Good job, you two.  The users known as Leo’s Burner and David Holmes do indeed have the same IP address.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.