Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 499 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
SN
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    Gabe Guarin
    Topics:

3 for Netflix seems realistic enough: Da 5 Bloods, Chicago 7 and Ma Rainey. Mank is a maybe.

Those still downplaying Da 5 Bloods clearly really do not want it to succeed.

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

The last thirteen National Board of Review Award winners for Best Director lost the Best Director Oscar. Well, seven of them were actually not even nominated.

Omg that record is hilarious, but I respect their “unique” choices.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Theoretically Da 5 Bloods could have a strong crafts presence.

Don’t think so. Not even critics are giving many crafts noms.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

But… why not?

Because it literally never happened lol, and I doubt a streaming studio would be the first to achieve that.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

This year has defied precedence in numerous ways, so I wouldn’t rule it out because it’s never happened. Netflix is the film industry this year, let’s not underestimate that.

Profile picture
    Gabe Guarin
    Topics:

To those of you saying no tech noms for Da 5 Bloods, the guilds have yet to make announcements.

Profile picture
    TheBrainBug
    Topics:

I knew from the start that it was going to be a Best Picture nominee. I never bought the ‘no buzz’ nonsense. We wouldn’t be talking about it right now if that was remotely true.

Spike’s hissy fit after Green Book won will come back to bite him. Can easily see many Oscars voters snubbing the rather lame D5B.

Profile picture
    Gabe Guarin
    Topics:

Spike’s hissy fit after Green Book won will come back to bite him. Can easily see many Oscars voters snubbing the rather lame D5B.

You sound like Republicans and your bias shows through. Honestly, how was his reaction to Green Book in any way scandalous.

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

A year later he was presenting Bong Joon-ho with his Oscar. I didn’t see anyone complain.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

This year has defied precedence in numerous ways, so I wouldn’t rule it out because it’s never happened. Netflix is the film industry this year, let’s not underestimate that.

Netflix is not THE film industry in a year where Amazon, Disney/Searchlight, Warner, Universal/Focus, all have strong contenders.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Nonsense. If Da 5 Bloods is snubbed, it’ll be because it’s a pretty mediocre film, not because of anything Spike Lee has said.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Da 5 Bloods was one the best films of 2020.

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Between the messy editing, the inconsequential use of the aspect ratio gimmick, the cheesy and overly loud music and the bad ending sequence, Da 5 Bloods really has no business anywhere near a Picture and especially Director nomination. But other movies have been nominated for their excellent lead performances alone, and Da 5 Bloods has one of the most excellent lead performances of the whole year.

FYC:

Lead Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Supporting Actress: Maria Bakalova (Borat Subsequent Moviefilm)

Supporting Actor: Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

-----------------------------

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Between the messy editing, the inconsequential use of the aspect ratio gimmick, the cheesy and overly loud music and the bad ending sequence, Da 5 Bloods The Trial of the Chicago 7 really has no business anywhere near a Picture and especially Director nomination.

This sounds much better.

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

This sounds much better.

While Trial wouldn’t be close to Picture and Director nominations if I were to decide, the editing is a million times better than the nonsense Adam Gough did in Da 5 Bloods.

FYC:

Lead Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Supporting Actress: Maria Bakalova (Borat Subsequent Moviefilm)

Supporting Actor: Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

-----------------------------

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.