Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 499 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
SN
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    Qoslca
    Topics:

I’m strongly considering removing The Father from my predictions, save for Anthony Hopkins and possibly Production Design. It has a frightful lack of momentum this season, and seems to be this year’s Still Alice, for example, rather than a serious multi-category player.

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.”

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

To those of you saying no tech noms for Da 5 Bloods, the guilds have yet to make announcements.

To those of you saying tech noms for Da 5 Bloods, the guilds have yet to make announcements.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

The only reason I’m predicting The Father is because it has high odds on predictions center. It has such a little US buzz.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

To those of you saying no tech noms for Da 5 Bloods, the guilds have yet to make announcements.

what tech nom is da 5 bloods in the running for? I can name 6-7 contenders before even thinking of D5B in cats available to predict right now. I guess it could hit score but that doesnt have much to do with guild announcements.

Profile picture
    Gabe Guarin
    Topics:

what tech nom is da 5 bloods in the running for? I can name 6-7 contenders before even thinking of D5B in cats available to predict right now. I guess it could hit score but that doesnt have much to do with guild announcements.

Potential noms for Cinematography. Sound, Score and Editing.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

The only reason I’m predicting The Father is because it has high odds on predictions center. It has such a little US buzz.

Valid point, but we did see 1917 become a top contender late last year after not having much buzz beforehand. The late release of The Father is still a problem, a bigger one than it was for 1917, but there’s a path to overcoming it.

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Production Design too.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

I’d be rather disappointed in Score and Editng nods, considering those are by far the worst parts of the movie.

Profile picture
    Gabe Guarin
    Topics:

I’d be rather disappointed in Score and Editng nods, considering those are by far the worst parts of the movie.

I mean, they rewarded Bohemian Rhapsody, so don’t have your expectations too high.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

I mean, they rewarded Bohemian Rhapsody, so don’t have your expectations too high.

I prefer to think of that as the single worst exception to the rule than the standard. And to be fair, that year was pretty devoid of strong editing contenders.

Vice was considered the frontrunner and the only thing noticeable about that film’s edition was that it occasionally cut to fishing.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I prefer to think of that as the single worst exception to the rule than the standard. And to be fair, that year was pretty devoid of strong editing contenders.

Vice was considered the frontrunner and the only thing noticeable about that film’s edition was that it occasionally cut to fishing.

First Man should’ve won, and I say that as someone who disliked that film.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Hmm.

Notable films that have yet to show up in the screening room include “Judas and the Black Messiah,” “Malcolm and Marie,” “Wonder Woman 1984” and, most conspicuously, Christopher Nolan’s “Tenet,” which was made available on Blu-Ray, DVD and VOD on Dec. 15 but has yet to arrive on the Oscars’ viewing platform.

https://www.thewrap.com/oscars-best-picture-screening-room-200-movies/

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Could Da 5 Bloods be the Phantom Thread of this year? It’s obviously not a perfect comparison, but if Lindo gets all the lead nominations people are expecting him to, he could be the sole representative of the film most places until it suddenly breaks into Picture/Director at the Oscars.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I actually think if anything is more likely to be the Phantom Thread of this year it’s Promising Young Woman. Just like Phantom Thread it missed AFI and got into NBR in spite of the latter having a sense of apathy towards Focus Features films (PYW and PT are the only Focus films since 2010 to get into NBR).

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I actually think if anything is more likely to be the Phantom Thread of this year it’s Promising Young Woman. Just like Phantom Thread it missed AFI and got into NBR in spite of the latter having a sense of apathy towards Focus Features films (PYW and PT are the only Focus films since 2010 to get into NBR).

Wow really? Had no idea about that one. I actually had the sense to search how well Focus movies did at the NBR this past decade but I ended up not looking that up. But damn…only Phantom Thread and Promising Young Woman?

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.