Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 499 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
SN
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Another Round is very unlikely. As much I loved it, it’s no Roma or Parasite.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Another Round will likely win International Feature and I suppose Mikkelsen could develop traction and become a surprise spoiler for Actor, but I don’t see anything beyond that.

Profile picture
    Miss
    Topics:

Gorgeous new poster for Nomadland! Driving 45 minutes outside NYC to see it in IMAX this weekend

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Another Round is indeed a “populist” film, in a year where it looks like we lack that kind of contenders, and also has a great universal appeal, it could easily be an American or British film. But yeah, at the moment is very unlikely to receive any atention besides International Film.

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

I love how comedic and cartoonesque are the posters for Nomadland lmao definitely my favourites of this season

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Gorgeous new poster for Nomadland! Driving 45 minutes outside NYC to see it in IMAX this weekend

NAILED
    IT.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Oh Father.

https://twitter.com/mavericksmovies/status/1353768367912574978

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Oh Father.

https://twitter.com/mavericksmovies/status/1353768367912574978

Interesting. I think I’ll put it back in Drama Film and Screenplay.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’ve always had it in for Drama Film and Screenplay. It always felt like something the HFPA would go for. I mean it’s a British acting play starring Anthony Hopkins and Olivia Colman. The pedigree alone feels like a HFPA wet dream.

I think it could very well pull off a 1917 at the televised. Although I am worried about Zeller in Director at the Globes. I feel like considering how much campaigning Clooney has been doing that he can miss for him like Greta Gerwig and Jordan Peele missed out for Ridley Scott and Steven Spielberg there.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

When does The Father come out?

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

When does The Father come out?

February 26. There’s no leaked screening yet for some reason.

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Congrats on Soul, Judas, and Sound of Metal for their AFI top 10. So happy for these films I root for!

1. PYW isn’t in, as some here and I expected. PYW is truly one the most overhyped films this year. Yeah this is just AFI and there’s always at least 1 Oscars BP film left out on their list, but judging from its buzz (the strongest), this does not look that promising.

2. Judas is what most people here didn’t predict to be in AFI today. I’ve also been worrying about its release time and lack of buzz on film twitter or here, but now I’m very glad it’s stronger than people expected.

3. At least 1 film from AFI top 10 each year can’t make it into Oscars BP, I feel this year is Da 5 Bloods or Sound of Metal.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini
    FYC: Soul & Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

Considering dropping News Of The World out to put Minari in. My Minari theory was based on missing on precursors, and this is one I didn’t expect it to make.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    Yu Terry
    Topics:

After AFI,

Good news for: 
    1.Judas and the Black Messiah
    2.Minari
    3.Sound of Metal
    4.Soul

Bad news for:
    1.Promising Young Woman
    2.News of the World

I think the Father will eventually get in. I don’t get the PYW hype, either. It’s cheesy and a bit messy imo.

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Congrats on Soul, Judas, and Sound of Metal for their AFI top 10. So happy for these films I root for! 1. PYW isn’t in, as some here and I expected. PYW is truly one the most overhyped films this year. Yeah this is just AFI and there’s always at least 1 Oscars BP film left out on their list, but judging from its buzz (the strongest), this does not look that promising. 2. Judas is what most people here didn’t predict to be in AFI today. I’ve also been worrying about its release time and lack of buzz on film twitter or here, but now I’m very glad it’s stronger than people expected. 3. At least 1 film from AFI top 10 each year can’t make it into Oscars BP, I feel this year is Da 5 Bloods or Sound of Metal.

I think both get in and Soul misses.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.