Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 9)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 403 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
14 hours ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
SN
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

It’s top 6 but it is not winning Best Picture. Sorry.

Erm that’s literally what I said? What are you sorry for?

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

Mank is definitely NOT winning BP under the preferential ballot system.

Unlike what the Golderby forums would have you believe, a movie about the making of what’s generally considered the greatest movie of all time is not going to win just a tech award here and there. What would be the alternative anyway??? A movie with no real plot showing Frances McDormand roaming around aimlessly working odd jobs?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Unlike what the Golderby forums would have you believe, a movie about the making of what’s generally considered the greatest movie of all time is not going to win just a tech award here and there. What would be the alternative anyway??? A movie with no real plot showing Frances McDormand roaming around aimlessly working odd jobs?

Mank did not land as well as it was supposed to though. It flopped hard with audiences and critics, and both Pete Hammond and Anne Thompson said several Academy members are not too keen on the movie. A movie like that will suffer a lot under a preferential ballot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    galaxy98
    Topics:

Best Picture Contenders numbers of nominations predictions:

NOMADLAND – Picture, Director, Actress, Original Screenplay, Editing, Cinematography (Wild card: Supporting Actress – Swankie, Supporting Actor – David Strathairn)

THE TRIAL OF CHICAGO 7 – Picture, Director, Supporting Actor, Original Screenplay, Editing, Cinematography, Production Design, Costume (Wild card: Sound, Song)

MANK – Picture, Director, Actor, Supporting Actress, Original Screenplay, Editing, Cinematography, Production Design, Costume Design, Score, Sound, Makeup, (Wild card: Visual Effects)

MA RAINEY’S BLACK BOTTOM – Picture, Actor, Actress, Adapted Screenplay, Production Design, Costume Design, Makeup (Wild card: Supporting Actor – Glynn Turman, Cinematography, Sound)

MINARI – Picture, Actor, Supporting Actress, Original Screenplay (Wild card: Editing, Cinematography, Score)

PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN – Picture, Director, Actress, Original Screenplay (Wild card: Editing, Costume Design)

ONE NIGHT IN MIAMI – Picture, Director, Supporting Actor, Adapted Screenplay, Makeup, Costume Design, Song (Wild card: Editing, Cinematography, Production Design)

NEWS OF THE WORLD – Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Cinematography, Production Design, Costume Design, Score, Sound, (Wild card: Director, Supporting Actress – Helena Zengel, Editing)

SOUND OF METAL – Picture, Actor, Supporting Actor, Original Screenplay, Sound (Wild card: Director, Supporting Actress – Olivia Cooke, Editing)

DA 5 BLOODS – Picture, Actor, Supporting Actor, Editing, Score (Wild card: Director, Original Screenplay, Cinematography, Production Design, Sound)

JUDAS AND THE BLACK MESSIAH – Picture, Supporting Actor, Original Screenplay, Editing, Costume Design, Song (Wild card: Supporting Actress – Dominique Fishback)

THE FATHER – Picture, Actor, Supporting Actress, Adapted Screenplay, Editing (Wild card: Production Design)

SOUL – Picture, Original Screenplay, Animated Feature, Score, Sound, (Wild card: Visual Effects)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I just saw Sound of Metal (LOVED IT!) and Olivia Cooke was excellent but she has no chance when she was left off the BAFTA long-list in spite of being British and left out of CC. I’d love to see it but I don’t.

I had ruled Swankie out but her AACTA nod was interesting to say the least. I still don’t see her happening but her chances have improved so to speak.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Except Mank isn’t a good movie.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Erm that’s literally what I said? What are you sorry for?

Sorry I misread.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DanC
    Topics:

My gut’s telling me that we could have another Foxcatcher / Cold War situation (a movie getting a director nomination without a BP nomination). I wouldn’t be surprised if that happens again with Spike Lee & Da 5 Bloods.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Netflix’s first movie that pops up under NEW Releases: Trial of the Chicago 7 🤣🤣🤣🤣

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Netflix’s first movie that pops up under NEW Releases: Trial of the Chicago 7 🤣🤣

Marriage Story popped up as a new release soon my one yesterday lmfao..svg” class=”emoji”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Mank wont win but its getting underestimated at this point now. Divisiveness doesnt mean much in the nomination stage.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Maybe the reason why Minari did bad at the box office was that no one can see it. I’ve been waiting for a theater nearby to play it but none of them have any screenings, despite the fact that we’re still in a COVID desert for new releases.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Dominique Fishback
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Also, what’s with people on the forums still trying to discount Mank’s Oscar chances when it dominated at the Globes and Critic’s Choice. Mank is locked for 13 Oscar nominations whether you like it or not. Deal with it.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Dominique Fishback
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Also, what’s with people on the forums Mank is locked for 13 Oscar nominations whether you like it or not.

LOL no. It’s locked in 9 categories at best and it’ll realistically have 10 or 11.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Mank is locked for 13 Oscar nominations

LMAO

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 403 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.