Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 9)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 520 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
SN
JackO
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Didn’t they change rules this year so that 10 films will always be nominated?

That only takes effect next year.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

Malcom and Marie Mank Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom Minari Miss Juneteenth Get people to make a conspiracy that films with M in the title are the ultimate precursor. People renaming their titles to title it M. Nightmare alley? Moody alley. The French Dispatch? Media de France. IDK I just want SOMETHING spicy this race.

that Mac & Cheese should win best picture.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

And ? Your circle of friends isn’t proof to anything. When I saw it, the theater was absolutely packed. And many of my friends or people at college talked about it and said they loved it.

All these movies that have been mentioned (1917, etc..) are all accessible, basic, and crowdpleasing. That’s why they won awards at that moment of time, and that’s why now they’re also so forgettable and forgotten compared to more memorable and challenging films of the same year of release.

Profile picture
    Qoslca
    Topics:

…The French Dispatch? Media de France…

Okay, but Media de France would actually be a great name for a Wes Anderson film.

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.”

💡🎥🎬

“Good morning, and in case I don’t see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight.” —Truman Burbank, The Truman Show

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Washington Post has great story about how covid has effected oscar campaigning.

But it confirmed one thing I long suspected: nobody knows whats gonna happen.

At this dizzying barrage of events — this would normally be a particularly busy week ahead of the Golden Globes on Sunday and the start of Oscar-nominations voting next Friday — contenders smile, tell war stories and patiently repeat their process to the working professionals and retirees who decide their fate while holding glasses of wine and plates of finger food. The process helps winnow the field of competing films for upcoming awards shows, a kind of hive mind forming around the season’s leading contenders.

This year, that mind is looking blank.

This should also trouble folks rooting for some certain films this season…

“I’m finding it very hard this year,” said a consultant who’s worked on several successful outsider campaigns. “There just aren’t a lot of ways to make sure people know about your movie.”

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Washington Post has great story about how covid has effected oscar campaigning.

But it confirmed one thing I long suspected: nobody knows whats gonna happen.

Sounds like like consultant should be fired lol

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    Arthur J. Fleck
    Topics:

For the ones who know about cinema, Nomadland is the only film that deserves the Oscar for Best Picture this year. The rest of the contenders are unwatchable.

All I have are negative thoughts

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

For the ones who know about cinema, Nomadland is the only film that deserves the Oscar for Best Picture this year. The rest of the contenders are unwatchable.

Nomadland is an amazing film. I disagree that the other films are unwatchable. Maybe you don’t know anything about cinema.

Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

I’m changing my predictions based on which precursors nominations have or haven’t happened.

BEST PICTURE

Locks

• Mank
    • Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    • Minari
    • Nomadland
    • Promising Young Woman
    • The Trial of the Chicago 7

Fighting for the last 1-4 spots

• Borat Subsequent Moviefilm
    • Da 5 Bloods
    • The Father
    • First Cow
    • Hamilton
    • Music
    • Never Rarely Sometimes Always
    • News of the World
    • One Night in Miami
    • Palm Springs
    • The Prom
    • Sound of Metal

BEST DIRECTOR

Locks

• Emerald Fennell (Promising Young Woman)
    • Chloe Zhao (Nomadland)

Fighting for the last 3 spots

• Lee Isaac Chung (Minari)
    • David Fincher (Mank)
    • Regina King (One Night in Miami)
    • Aaron Sorkin (The Trial of the Chicago 7)
    Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

I’m changing my predictions based on which precursors nominations have or haven’t happened.

BEST PICTURE

Locks

• Mank
    • Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    • Minari
    • Nomadland
    • Promising Young Woman
    • The Trial of the Chicago 7

Fighting for the last 1-4 spots

• Borat Subsequent Moviefilm
    • Da 5 Bloods
    • The Father
    • First Cow
    • Hamilton
    • Music
    • Never Rarely Sometimes Always
    • News of the World
    • One Night in Miami
    • Palm Springs
    • The Prom
    • Sound of Metal

BEST DIRECTOR

Locks

• Emerald Fennell (Promising Young Woman)
    • Chloe Zhao (Nomadland)

Fighting for the last 3 spots

• Lee Isaac Chung (Minari)
    • David Fincher (Mank)
    • Regina King (One Night in Miami)
    • Aaron Sorkin (The Trial of the Chicago 7)

Hamilton isn’t eligible lol

Profile picture
    TVLUVAH
    Topics:

This quote is beyond pretentious and ridiculous… Yes “Nomadland” is critically adored cinema that cinephiles also love. However, regular moviegoers dont. (Hence the hidden box office numbers) … And I guarantee you it wont be winning Picture anywhere but Critics Choice. Zhao directed a great documentary wanting to be a scripted hybrid with many flaws if you ask me. (The non-actors, Ugh!).. But that’s a discussion for another day….

Now to your point about cinema? Um, What? … So many of this year’s crop are great cinema: Judas and the Black Messiah, Minari, Promising Young Woman, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom, One Night in Miami, The Father ~ All beautiful important films that embrace and expand what cinema is along with delivering thrilling one of a kind performances in glorious and important stories….All are deserving of big wins….

And I’d ad in a fewer Front running films to consider: Land and Supernova. Both elegantly beautiful and prescient films with amazing performances.

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

Don’t come round here lecturing us what’s cinema and what’s unwatchable when your name and profile picture is literally Arthur Fleck/Joker.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Looool, that’s pretty laughable considering it’s said by a Joker fan.

Joker is Taxi Driver and The King of Comedy for people who can’t read and want to think themselves as deep.

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

Looool, that’s pretty laughable considering it’s said by a Joker fan.

Joker is Taxi Driver and The King of Comedy for people who can’t read and want to think themselves as deep.

Bold of u to assume that most Joker fans watched Taxi Driver and The King of Comedy.

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

I hope to GOD Nomadland won’t win. Actually, I hope to GOD neither Nomadland, PYW, Mank or Trial of the Chicago 7 win.

Lol me too. I secretly want them to cancel the ceremony this year and let all films released in 2020 & 2021 compete in Oscars 2022, considering this Covid-19 situation.  Acting categories are still very competitive, but BP & BD this year……

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.