Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 9)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 520 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
SN
JackO
  • Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

News of the World is unstoppable, we like it or not.

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

News of the World is unstoppable, we like it or not.

Yeah, I think it could potentially get a nomination in Best Picture. This was a great year for movies, I wouldn’t be surprised if we get 10 movies in the Best Picture category. It hasn’t happened since 2011, it’s been 10 years and this could be the year.

Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

I know it’s wishful thinking but I would love to see Promising Young Woman win. Although not impossible I don’t realistically see it happening. If it were to win that would be the most delightful surprise come Oscar night.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t think <i>Promising Young Woman </i>can win Best Picture at the Oscars but a few days ago I started predicting it to win Drama Picture at the Globes.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

I don’t think <i>Promising Young Woman </i>can win Best Picture at the Oscars but a few days ago I started predicting it to win Drama Picture at the Globes.

Yes I agree with that. It could win at the Globes. The Oscar race is still very open and it’s possible it wins there too. I mean the movie deals with a big and important issue that affects women in general and resonates with those who support the #MeToo movement. I just wanted to point that out.

Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

not the father having a 91 on MC

the resurrection has BEGUN

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-jung
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Promising Young Woman

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

not the father having a 91 on MC

the resurrection has BEGUN

Your meltdown this Sunday will be glorious.

Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

the way i’m going to drink your tears

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-jung
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Promising Young Woman

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

This quote is beyond pretentious and ridiculous… Yes “Nomadland” is critically adored cinema that cinephiles also love. However, regular moviegoers dont. (Hence the hidden box office numbers) … And I guarantee you it wont be winning Picture anywhere but Critics Choice. Zhao directed a great documentary wanting to be a scripted hybrid with many flaws if you ask me. (The non-actors, Ugh!)..

Nomadland doesn’t deserve to win shit. MAYBE cinematography, but I’d still give Mank the edge on that one. Nomadland was just scenic, but Mank had the more unique cinematography. There was NOTHING special about Nomadland’s direction or its script. The movie had no plot anyway. It was just Frances driving around from place to place. There are several overrated movies this season, but Nomadland is probably THE most overrated of all. Had it been a man who directed it, I doubt his name would get thrown around as a potential winner.  It’s a very boring artsy-fartsy Sundancey type of movie that the critics typically love but that mainstream audiences wouldn’t waste their time with.

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Kinda off topic and it didn’t have chance anyway but Cherry reviews are dreadful (37% RT and 45 Metascore). It’s even worse than Billie Holiday reviews.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Nomadland doesn’t deserve to win shit. MAYBE cinematography, but I’d still give Mank the edge on that one. Nomadland was just scenic, but Mank had the more unique cinematography. There was NOTHING special about Nomadland’s direction or its script. The movie had no plot anyway. It was just Frances driving around from place to place. There are several overrated movies this season, but Nomadland is probably THE most overrated of all. Had it been a man who directed it, I doubt his name would get thrown around as a potential winner. It’s a very boring artsy-fartsy Sundancey type of movie that the critics typically love but that mainstream audiences wouldn’t waste their time with.

Lol and you think that the general audience would watch Mank?

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Nomadland doesn’t deserve to win shit. MAYBE cinematography, but I’d still give Mank the edge on that one. Nomadland was just scenic, but Mank had the more unique cinematography. There was NOTHING special about Nomadland’s direction or its script. The movie had no plot anyway. It was just Frances driving around from place to place. There are several overrated movies this season, but Nomadland is probably THE most overrated of all. Had it been a man who directed it, I doubt his name would get thrown around as a potential winner. It’s a very boring artsy-fartsy Sundancey type of movie that the critics typically love but that mainstream audiences wouldn’t waste their time with.

T Spilt. Sorkin is gonna snatch that Best Director Oscar lol

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Dont give globes that much credit. remember they have no black members. I dont trust them to do the right thing.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yes I agree with that. It could win at the Globes. The Oscar race is still very open and it’s possible it wins there too. I mean the movie deals with a big and important issue that affects women in general and resonates with those who support the #MeToo movement. I just wanted to point that out.

It is certainly top 5 on the basis alone that it’s a top 2 Actress and Screenplay player.

It also seems to performing quite well with the guilds. It even got in at the Makeup and Hairstylists guild even though it missed the Oscar shortlist in that category.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

So now we’re pretending movies are only in contention because they’re made by women? When exactly 1 woman has won the Best Director Oscar in 90 years? When the ONLY reason movies like Mank and Chicago 7 have ANY buzz is because their directors are famous men? Absolutely ridiculous.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.