Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 502 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
John Berchmans
The Person Fo..
  • Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

The Trial of the Chicago 7 should get in picture, screenplay and supporting actor for one or two of its actors. Those are the categories it deserves to be in

I STAN Lady Gaga and Roddy Ricch

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

If I was a voter I would not vote for Chicago 7. I thought it was a good movie, but it is definitely not in my top 10. Far better films have been made this year. If it were up to me, it would get like 2 acting nominations, and that’s it. But that’s not how the Oscars work, so I am obligated to put it in my BP predictions.

rubbish

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I would question this awfulness of News of the World. I mean, this tweet came from a member of a group that literally gave Best Drama to Bohemian Rhapsody and apparently loves Ratched. I will only believe it until I see it.

Yeah, considering the HFPA nominated The Two Popes over Ford v Ferrari and Little Women this year, I don’t know if I trust their opinions on quality. Greengrass rarely makes bad movies. Almost all of his films have Certified Fresh scores on RT. I’ll wait until the actual reviews come out before I judge News of the World.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

END OF WEEK 6 PREDICTIONS

Best Picture

1. Nomadland
    2. One Night in Miami
    3. The Trial of the Chicago 7
    4. Mank
    5. Da 5 Bloods
    6. Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    7. The Father
    8. Hillbilly Elegy
    9. News of the World
    10. Minari

Best Director

1. Chloe Zhao (Nomadland)
    2. David Fincher (Mank)
    3. Regina King (One Night in Miami)
    4. Aaron Sorkin (The Trial of the Chicago 7)
    5. Spike Lee (Da 5 Bloods)
    Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

New Mank trailer dropped.

https://youtu.be/aSfX-nrg-lI

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

New Mank trailer dropped. https://youtu.be/aSfX-nrg-lI

Wow if Hillbilly ends up flopping in acclaim or quality then Glenn may actually have some competition in Seyfried. She looks spectacular here.

Lily Collins being credited third makes me confident in keeping her in my predictions. Not sure about Tom Burke though (he has no credit in the trailer!)

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

Wow if Hillbilly ends up flopping in acclaim or quality then Glenn may actually have some competition in Seyfried. She looks spectacular here. Lily Collins being credited third makes me confident in keeping her in my predictions. Not sure about Tom Burke though (he has no credit in the trailer!)

I’m thinking the same on Seyfried. Have a feeling she may win and it looks like the kind of role that’s going to steal quite a few scenes. May be down to the fact I have very low hopes/ admiration for Hillbilly Elegy, but still.

Burke I think is out of the race, the credits on the poster and trailer suggest Dance is the one to look out for in Supporting.

Generally speaking the trailer is great and I’m really excited for this – definitely going to be a big player – I’m thinking double figure noms and in good contention to win a lot of them – Picture, Director, Actor, Supp. Actress, Supp. Actor, Screenplay, Production Design, Editing, Cinematography, Costumes, Makeup/ Hair off the top of my head. If it does really well I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw a record number of noms – on top of those listed I could imagine it doubling in on of the Supporting categories and getting in for sound.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I still have it breaking the nominations record because I am still keeping Collins in with Seyfried. That category is so empty.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Hayden
    Topics:

Even if Hillbilly Elegy doesn’t flop, Close is going to have some competition. That trailer made Seyfried look better than Oldman. I think she might even be the best shot the film has for winning an acting award. Not to mention Colman has a stellar performance under her belt this year too.

Close has a baity role with embarrassing dialogue. Has that stopped the Academy in the past? No… but if Seyfried is as good in the film as she is in the trailer, like… she could win. That looks like an Oscar-winning scene-stealing role.

EDIT: Just realized this isn’t an acting thread… umm… aight, Mank trailer looks great, it’ll be nominated for Best Picture, Director, etc.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Seyfried could win but it should be worth mentioning no actor has won for a David Fincher film yet.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

The Trial of the Chicago 7 should get in picture, screenplay and supporting actor for one or two of its actors. Those are the categories it deserves to be in

Don’t forget editing.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I think Trial of the Chicago 7 will win Editing and Original Screenplay but I’m not convinced that it will win Picture after watching it. It feels like the Green Book/Jojo Rabbit of this year: an extremely political film that uses a lot of humor and movie theatrics that will be extremely divisive. However, unlike those films I don’t think it will do well on the preferrential ballot since Nomadland was universally acclaimed and Mank likely will be too. I just see both of those films getting way more votes than Chicago 7 in the long run.

Maybe if Trump wins the election then the Academy will give Trial of the Chicago 7 Best Picture in protest, but the chances of that happening at this point are so slim.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    fyras19
    Topics:

Does anyone else find it strange that the trailer and poster of Mank have no mention of Fincher’s name? I know that probably means absolutely nothing but still, when you have a big name like Fincher you put it in the promotions of the film.

I loved the trailer and I’m really looking forward to it. I think it’s reasonable to say it’s the biggest Oscar player this year and I’ll go as far as to say it’s a lock for a win in cinematography. Is it the frontrunner? I’m going to wait for the reviews and how much the industry likes Nomadland to say. I actually think it could win original screenplay too as The trial of the Chicago 7 wasn’t even a top 4 Sorkin script and he may have to do better to get that 2nd Oscar.

Profile picture
    Madson Melo
    Topics:

Question: now that theaters are reopened, the rule that you don’t have to play in cinemas is still valid or now they are oblige to do the seven-day rule? As far as I know, it’s not valid anymore, but would like to clarify.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

I think Seyfried could win but it should be worth mentioning no actor has won for a David Fincher film yet.

I currently have both Seyfried and Dance in the runner up slots. But I’m extremely confident in Close and Boseman winning.

If the rumors that Chadwick goes lead are true (I believe that they’re considering it but they won’t go through with it), I’ll definitely have to think things though again with supporting actor though.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Picture and Director’ is closed to new replies.