Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 497 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
John Berchmans
JackO
  • Profile picture
    Justmimusicmon
    Topics:

All critics need to is jump on board and award him with a few critics award nominations..

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Y’all we NEED to manifest a Paul Raci nomination… It will kill me if this man is ignored.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So as I mentioned on the Actress thread I managed to see Pieces of a Woman last night because of a screener link a colleague of mine sent me (Netflix have been sending screener links and organising screenings for BAFTA members and my colleague is a member of BAFTA).

I think LaBeouf can (due to Netflix bias) happen at SAG for this type of performance but it will be hard to see him nominated at the Oscars unless the Chicago 7 actors cancel themselves out.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Kafka_Gyllenhaal
    Topics:

Personally, I’m hoping as long as Supernova comes out in time, that Stanley Tucci wins. He’s such a great actor overall (just watched his “breakout” role in the first season of Murder One and he was unbelievable) and he deserves to get an Oscar. And his role in Supernova has the potential to be his best yet.
    That being said, if Kaluuya or Odom Jr. get the award, I would not be at all mad. They deserve it as much as anyone else.
    And if Paul Raci gets nominated I will be very happy.

FYC: Minari for Everything

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I am beginning to think that only one cast member from The Trial of the Chicago 7 will be nominated, and that it will be Sacha Baron Cohen. With so many contenders from the film, I think a consensus will be able to form around only one. Like Leslie Odom, Jr, SBC might act as a kind of representative of the cast. If he’s the only Trial cast member nominated, I think he has an easier path to a win.

Profile picture
    Dorsey
    Topics:

Y’all we NEED to manifest a Paul Raci nomination… It will kill me if this man is ignored.

He’ll be a critics push (as will Riz) and a much more audience friendly one than Dafoe was last year. It’s HAPPENING.

FYC: Riz Ahmed + Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)
    Sidney Flanigan (Never Rarely Sometimes Always)
    Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

This category is wild and I love it.

December predictions

Golden Globe: SBC, Grant, Kaluuya, Odom, Rylance
    Critics Choice: Domingo, Kaluuya, Murray, Maci, Odom, Tucci
    SAG: YAM-II, SBC, LaBeouf, Odom, Rylance
    BAFTA: SBC, Grant, Kaluuya, Khan, Maci, Odom,
    Oscar: Domingo, Grant, Kaluuya, Maci, Odom

Profile picture
    ShinySeaDiamond
    Topics:

I think LaBeouf can (due to Netflix bias) happen at SAG for this type of performance but it will be hard to see him nominated at the Oscars unless the Chicago 7 actors cancel themselves out.

I think what hurts LaBeouf is not just the fact that Kirby dominates against him as a performer (yes they’re competing in different categories but their work will still be compared against each other’s by viewers and critics) but also his filmography. Yes, he’s recently become something of an Indie darling, but for a lot of people he’s just known as the Transformers guy, and there are few worse franchises to have your reputation attached to in Hollywood.

Profile picture
    Leo's burner
    Topics:

This category is wild and I love it. December predictions Golden Globe: SBC, Grant, Kaluuya, Odom, Rylance Critics Choice: Domingo, Kaluuya, Murray, Maci, Odom, Tucci SAG: YAM-II, SBC, LaBeouf, Odom, Rylance BAFTA: SBC, Grant, Kaluuya, Khan, Maci, Odom, Oscar: Domingo, Grant, Kaluuya, Maci, Odom

I really doubt Kaluuya misses Sag especially if he is seen as a frontrunner in this category. I think if it were anyone to miss there it would probably be SBC and unfortunately, I don’t think LaBeouf is getting in. I also don’t see three Chicago boys making it in either.

Profile picture
    Leo's burner
    Topics:

I think it could go something like this (hopefully I’m wrong about Raci and he gets in more than I’m predicting).

Golden Globe: Kaluuya, Odom, SBC, Murray, Rylance
    Critics Choice: Kaluuya, Odom, Raci, Murray, Abdul-Manteen II, Turman or Domingo
    SAG: Kaluuya, Odom, Rylance, Abdul-Manteen II, Murray
    BAFTA: Kaluuya, Odom, SBC, Murray, Grant, Tucci
    Oscar: Kaluuya, Odom, SBC, Murray, Rylance

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

This category is wild and I love it.

December predictions

Golden Globe: SBC, Grant, Kaluuya, Odom, Rylance
    Critics Choice: Domingo, Kaluuya, Murray, Maci, Odom, Tucci
    SAG: YAM-II, SBC, LaBeouf, Odom, Rylance
    BAFTA: SBC, Grant, Kaluuya, Khan, Maci, Odom,
    Oscar: Domingo, Grant, Kaluuya, Maci, Odom

I don’t see a scenario where SAG lines up with Oscar 1/5 lol

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

SHia Labeouf getting sued for sex assualt. Thats gonna be a problem for those that think that pieces of a woman is the favourite.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

SHia Labeouf getting sued for sex assualt. Thats gonna be a problem for those that think that pieces of a woman is the favourite.

Shia was never getting in lol

Profile picture
    ShinySeaDiamond
    Topics:

I think what hurts LaBeouf is not just the fact that Kirby dominates against him as a performer (yes they’re competing in different categories but their work will still be compared against each other’s by viewers and critics) but also his filmography. Yes, he’s recently become something of an Indie darling, but for a lot of people he’s just known as the Transformers guy, and there are few worse franchises to have your reputation attached to in Hollywood.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/dec/11/fka-twigs-sues-shia-labeouf-for-physical-mental-and-emotional-abuse

This even more so. It’s significant that this is not just an accusation but a further step towards pursuing legal action. That suggests that FKA Twigs’ and Pho’s accounts are true enough that they feel confident to take LaBeouf to court. Honestly this looks like it’ll derail Burstyn and Kirby as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 497 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.