Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
John Berchmans
JackO
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

With all this talk about LaBeouf I have to say whilst he won’t happen here I can easily see him slip in at SAG (even though I think Viola is winning SAG regardless of Kirby winning the Oscar or not).

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Tucci
    2. Rylance
    3. Baron Cohen
    4. Murray
    5. Odom Jr

Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

Is it possible for all 5 nominees to be from chicago 7? Lol. Haven’t seen any of the other contenders but it’d be a whole new statistic if that happens.

I just love movies. And awards.

Profile picture
    Kafka_Gyllenhaal
    Topics:

Is it possible for all 5 nominees to be from chicago 7? Lol. Haven’t seen any of the other contenders but it’d be a whole new statistic if that happens.

Well… I suppose it could. But if they did that, they’d leave anyone from One Night in Miami… and Mank and whomever else is there in the dust. Maybe three at the most, Baron Cohen, Rylance, and Abdul-Mateen II, along with perhaps Odom Jr., Dance, etc. But that’s a bit of a long shot… I could see three happening.

FYC: Evie the Cow for Best Supporting Actress

Profile picture
    Kafka_Gyllenhaal
    Topics:

But if it did happen, man would that be interesting. The Trial of the Chicago 7 would be the Network of the Supporting Actor category.

FYC: Evie the Cow for Best Supporting Actress

Profile picture
    Justmimusicmon
    Topics:

Leslie Odom Jr. will definitely be a nominee for “One Night in Miami”.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Probably will win too.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Probably will win too.

Depending on how things shake out he might a 2nd on the night with Original Song.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Probably will win too.

Depending on how things shake out he might a 2nd on the night with Original Song.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Odom gonna win this in a walk, especially if there are 3 actors from chicago 7 in the nominees. I really dont see Kaluuya pulling it off even if moved since one night is gonna be the stronger film.

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

Sacha Baron Cohen, The Trial of the Chicago 7 (CC, GG, SAG, BAFTA)
    Bill Murray, On the Rocks (GG, SAG, BAFTA)
    Leslie Odom, Jr., One Night in Miami (CC, GG, SAG, BAFTA)
    Mark Rylance, The Trial of the Chicago 7 (CC, GG, SAG, BAFTA)
    Lakeith Stanfield, Judas and the Black Messiah (CC, SAG)

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, The Trial of the Chicago 7 (GG)
    Richard E. Grant, Everybody’s Talking About Jamie (BAFTA)
    Stanley Tucci, Supernova (CC, BAFTA)

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Odom gonna win this in a walk, especially if there are 3 actors from chicago 7 in the nominees. I really dont see Kaluuya pulling it off even if moved since one night is gonna be the stronger film.

How do we even know that One Night is going to be the stronger film when we haven’t even seen Judas yet. I’ve seen One Night and I don’t even see it in the top 5 in BP as of right now (I think it still makes it in). That being said, Odom Jr. was fantastic in the film and I can honestly see him winning it ONLY if Kaluuya doesn’t move here. If Kaluuya moves to supporting it’s over for everyone else.

Profile picture
    Aint2Proud2Beg
    Topics:

Even a 2 min trailer is evidence enough that Kaluuya is pulling everything within 1 mile of his radius. No one is even remotely close.

And how do we know which movie is stronger and which is not?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I love how when Chadwick was in supporting people were like it will be category fraud if Kaluuya goes there and now people are like “move Kaluuya to supporting”.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

I love how when Chadwick was in supporting people were like it will be category fraud if Kaluuya goes there and now people are like “move Kaluuya to supporting”.

I’ve been saying I think Kaluuya is going to be supporting before the trailer even came out based off the synopsis alone, but right when the trailer released, everybody suggested he’s lead mainly bc he had the more showy scenes and etc. No one has seen the film yet except for a few critics/journalists, so no one can claim it’s fraud till they’ve seen the film…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.