Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
John Berchmans
JackO
  • Profile picture
    Jasmine is French
    Topics:

I think that Paul Raci is going to sneak in. I have heard that his supporting performance in Sound of Metal is golden!

Profile picture
    ShinySeaDiamond
    Topics:

I think that Paul Raci is going to sneak in. I have heard that his supporting performance in Sound of Metal is golden!

The optics of Riz Ahmed being snubbed for one of the most acclaimed performances of the year whilst his co star got in with less buzz would be beyond bad. Not to demean Raci’s work, which I’m sure will be good, but his chances on a nomination are totally reliant on Ahmed and SOM’s sound work being nominated, upon which he can coattail if the supporting category remains open.

Profile picture
    Hayden
    Topics:

I didn’t see any award worthy acting work in Mank. Didn’t care for Burke or Dance. Arliss Howard was good as Mayer.

I’ve written off Dance.

Adding Kaluuya and Paul Raci once they become available (with Kaluuya in first).

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I am putting Kaluuya at #1 so fast. I am so excited!!!

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Considering how open this category is I wouldn’t be surprised if The Mauritanian ends up being strong enough to get a Cumberbatch coattail.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Congratulations Daniel for Oscar you should’ve won for Get Out.

Profile picture
    Mohammed19
    Topics:

Since GoldDerby is reporting Kaaluya goes supporting then this race is done .

He’s going to sweep easily and it’s not even close let’s be real that trailer alone sealed it for me.

Time to guess the other four nominees .

Profile picture
    Mohammed19
    Topics:

Congrats Kaluuya on your first oscar win and second nomination

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

So, it looks like Kaluuya will win this, which will allow Odom to take Original Song.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Let the race for S. Actor begin!

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Elazul
    Topics:

Just saw Mank. I can listen to Charles Dance sharing the parable of the organ grinder’s monkey all day. Wish there is an Oscar for best narration. Lol. Such villainous voice. Anyway, not gonna be mad if he or the actor playing Mayer gets nominated.

The monkey lines AND the stuff about the depression ending and movies blooming in his first scene are total industry bait and he should be getting in.

Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

Always thought I’d see Posh Kenneth win a Grammy for Best Rap Album before an acting Oscar but I’m here for it nonetheless.

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Minari

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

Two things. First, Thank God we finally have confirmation, cuz those last few months of guessing were absolute torture. And second, HELL YEAH! WE HAVE OUR WINNER BABY! LETS GO!!!

FYC Oscars: Soul (Best Picture, Original Screenplay, and Original Score), Delroy Lindo (Best Actor), Chadwick Boseman (Best Actor), Viola Davis (Best Actress), Paul Raci (Best Supporting Actor)

FYC Golden Globes (TV): Ted Lasso (Best Comedy Series), Jason Sudekis (Best Actor in a Comedy Series), Hannah Waddingham (Best Supporting Actress), The Boys (Best Drama Series), Anthony Starr (Best Actor in a Drama Series)

Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

Two things. First, Thank God we finally have confirmation, cuz those last few months of guessing were absolute torture. And second, HELL YEAH! WE HAVE OUR WINNER BABY! LETS GO!!!

The movie might suck!

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Daniel waving to everyone who thought they had a chance in this category

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.