Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
String Cheese..
Oscirus_Jones
  • Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

No I’m not, but you said he had no chance, so I’m pointing out that he’s already made 1/2 industry precursors. I’m also predicting him to be a surprise nominee, regardless of if he makes BAFTA or not. Raci is unknown, Murray is in a film no one cares about, and Jared Leto is… well, let’s just hope that SAG was the last we see of him.

Lol, AACTA is so new, are we even acting like this is a thing? Anyway, you are right about Murray. Actors are gonna watch Sound of Metal, so that helps Raci. Actors don’t need to watch Nomadland to nominate Frances.

I personally liked Leto, I would nominate him over SBC.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Am I the only who really liked SBC in Trial of the Chicago 7? I loved him in Borat too so if he walked away from this year with an Oscar, I wouldn’t mind. My personal pick is Odom Jr. so I already know my fave isn’t winning either way lol

I would replace SBC with another Chicago 7 actor, either Redmayne or Rylance.

I very much enjoyed Odom, I wish they weren’t committing category fraud with Daniel, cause Odom would win.

Profile picture
    Gabe Guarin
    Topics:

I would replace SBC with another Chicago 7 actor, either Redmayne or Rylance. I very much enjoyed Odom, I wish they weren’t committing category fraud with Daniel, cause Odom would win.

Odom’s also category fraud.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

How? He’s definitely supporting.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

No, I don’t know why everyone says that. Kingsley Ben-Adir.

The only fraud this season is Daniel Kaluuya

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oscarrace/comments/kz2kxw/screen_time_data_for_one_night_in_miami/

Ben Adir 49%

Odom 48%

Goree 41%

Hodge 37%
    [Judas: 40 & 37]

It’s Favourite-esque:

Stone 48%

Colman 42%

Weisz 36%

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oscarrace/comments/kz2kxw/screen_time_data_for_one_night_in_miami/

Ben Adir 49%

Odom 48%

Goree 41%

Hodge 37%
    [Judas: 40 & 37]

It’s Favourite-esque:

Stone 48%

Colman 42%

Weisz 36%

Just because he has alot of screentime, that doesn’t mean he is the lead. All 3 of the other characters are basically supporting Malcolm.

Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

Just because he has alot of screentime, that doesn’t mean he is the lead. All 3 of the other characters are basically supporting Malcolm.

Funny because Kaluuya’s screen time is 36.80% and is on screen for less time than both Goree and Odom Jr. Also, the story is centered around an FBI agent following Hampton… so why are you saying Kaluuya’s fraud^? Seems counter to your argument here.

Edit: ONIM is a conversation of ideas, so I wouldn’t agree with the assessment that the other figures are supporting Malcolm, even if I would agree he is the only one I’d put in the Lead category (maybe Odom Jr.)

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Funny because Kaluuya’s screen time is 36.80% and is on screen for less time than both Goree and Odom Jr. Also, the story is centered around an FBI agent following Hampton… so why are you saying Kaluuya’s fraud^? Seems counter to your argument here.

Because the film is all about his character. The story is about him. He is co lead for sure. Even when he isn’t on screen, they are talking about him.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Edit: ONIM is a conversation of ideas, so I wouldn’t agree with the assessment that the other figures are supporting Malcolm, even if I would agree he is the only one I’d put in the Lead category (maybe Odom Jr.)

One Night in Miami

The reason all the characters are together is because of his character. Most of the conflict is driven by his character.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

I would love to have an in depth look at screentime for Judas, because when Kaluuya and Stanfield are on screen together, Stanfield is mostly a background player, not driving the action with Kaluuya’s character. Kaluuya is never really the background character, if memory serves me right.

Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

One Night in Miami The reason all the characters are together is because of his character. Most of the conflict is driven by his character.

Actually, no. The characters are all together because of Ali’s (Goree) boxing match and success. Most of the conflict is driven by the the disagreement between the ideologies of Odom Jr.’s Cooke and Ben-Adir’s Malcolm X.

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

I would love to have an in depth look at screentime for Judas, because when Kaluuya and Stanfield are on screen together, Stanfield is mostly a background player, not driving the action with Kaluuya’s character. Kaluuya is never really the background character, if memory serves me right.

Well, that makes sense considering Stanfield’s character is covertly spying on Kaluuya’s and he wasn’t the leader of the BPP so he wouldn’t be making speeches.

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Actually, no. The characters are all together because of Ali’s (Goree) boxing match and success. Most of the conflict is driven by the the disagreement between the ideologies of Odom Jr.’s Cooke and Ben-Adir’s Malcolm X.

The boxing match gets them all to Miami. They all end up at the motel to celebrate and that happens only because Malcolm wanted it that way.

Malcolm drives the conflict with Cooke. He also drives the conflict with Brown and Ali’s possibly joining the brotherhood.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Well, that makes sense considering Stanfield’s character is covertly spying on Kaluuya’s and he wasn’t the leader of the BPP so he wouldn’t be making speeches.

Exactly, which would then make Kaluuya’s character his co lead.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.