Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
String Cheese..
Oscirus_Jones
  • Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

The only person who can beat Kaluuya is Stanfield. He won’t, but he’s clearly got immense levels of support.

or…at least more support than an 8 year old child, and someone in a movie they don’t care about who’s winning lead anyway.

Profile picture
    Jackobean90
    Topics:

I’m currently rewatching Trial of the 7 because I didnt finish it last time, and I’m seriously baffled at how SBC even landed a nom at all. It’s not that he is BAD but he isnt that amazing either. His Boston accent is distracting. If anyone Mark Rylance should of got a nom for supporting.  Odd choice if you ask me!

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I’m currently rewatching Trial of the 7 because I didnt finish it last time, and I’m seriously baffled at how SBC even landed a nom at all. It’s not that he is BAD but he isnt that amazing either. His Boston accent is distracting. If anyone Mark Rylance should of got a nom for supporting. Odd choice if you ask me!

Exactly I said Rylance should have been the representative of Chicago instead. The scene where Rylance cross examines Redmayne is fantastic.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Daniel Kaluuya and LaKeith Stanfield are two different actors with two different performances that are in the same movie. Voters won’t be conflicted because they are not voting for a win for the movie. One clearly has more passion than the other, so a vote-split doesn’t necessarily have to happen.

And I usually support everyone’s opinions, but if any voter thinks SBC is better than Kaluuya or any of the other actors here, then they’re on crack. I expect the voters to make the right choice here.

Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

With SAG coming up in eleven days, the race has narrowed down to Kaluuya and Odom, Jr.

If Odom Jr. wins SAG, he’s still in the race. If he doesn’t, Kaluuya’s winning.

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

With SAG coming up in eleven days, the race has narrowed down to Kaluuya and Odom, Jr. If Odom Jr. wins SAG, he’s still in the race. If he doesn’t, Kaluuya’s winning.

Jesus Christ, could you stop? Boseman is winning and so is Kaluuya. Focus your analysis on the actress races.

Profile picture
    Naiad Lyne
    Topics:

Jesus Christ, could you stop? Boseman is winning and so is Kaluuya. Focus your analysis on the actress races.

This.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

What would be absolutely crazy and awesome is if Daniel Kaluuya and Lakieth Stanfield somehow manage to tie a win at the Oscars. But as of right now I think Kaluuya is 100% locked to win.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    Mr. Tintin
    Topics:

What would be absolutely crazy and awesome is if Daniel Kaluuya and Lakieth Stanfield somehow manage to tie a win at the Oscars. But as of right now I think Kaluuya is 100% locked to win.

That’s been running through my mind sometimes, but only Kaluuya is probably winning, yeah.

This is the category I care about (alongside Best Actress)

#KaluuyaforSupportingActor

Movie-lover overall.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Alan Kim is so CUTE in this BAFTA Supporting Actor roundtable video!

13:12 onwards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC88ISA4Nh0

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

So now we’re discussing a Lakeith Stanfield win?

Okay

This season REALLY has you guys bored, huh…

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

So now we’re discussing a Lakeith Stanfield win? Okay This season REALLY has you guys bored, huh…

Not really discussing, it was just my “best case scenario” possibility: him and Kaluuya tying. I said in the same post that I don’t expect it to happen at all.

But yeah this season does have me really bored.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    Aurelius
    Topics:

Lakeith Stanfield last minute stealing the Oscar from Daniel Kaluuya would be a wild twist, an unexpected betrayal worthy of the title of Judas haha. But it absolutely won’t happen.

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

So who do people have as the runner up here? Id like to believe its raci but sadly, it’s probably Cohen.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

So who do people have as the runner up here? Id like to believe its raci but sadly, it’s probably Cohen.

With the way Chicago 7 has been flopping ? Raci.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.