Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
String Cheese..
Oscirus_Jones
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Michael Shannon nominated at the Oscars and snubbing Aaron Taylor-Johnson who won the Globe for Nocturnal Animals is one of the wildest stunt of the Supporting category. Could it happen this year with SBC and Mark Rylance?

It was actually an apology for having snubbed him for 99 Homes.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Saw Judas last night. Kaluuya’s performance is the best in the category, extremely moving evoking flashiness at the same time a rich subtlety in his performance. He is undeniable and I’m hoping the Globes goes for him so his sweep can begin.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    RazzleDazzle
    Topics:

My Predictions:

Kaluuya
    Rylance
    Odom Jr.
    Baron Cohen
    Turman or Raci

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

It was actually an apology for having snubbed him for 99 Homes.

that was a good movie.

Profile picture
    ArtIsntEasy
    Topics:

Honestly this should be no contest.

Kaluuya deserves this. The only person I would even consider in his place would be Paul Raci for a completely different kind of performance (not to mention one that is truly supporting).

If Sacha Baron Cohen somehow pulls this off, it would be a travesty of a win. It would essentially be on par with Laura Dern winning for MARRIAGE STORY in my book.

Although, come to think of it, I suppose I wouldn’t be upset by a Leslie Odom Jr win.

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

SBC would be worse than Laura Seen. At least she had an overdue narrative and her performance was fine. SBC was just mediocre in Chicago 7.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Laura Dern at least had this excellent scene:

What does SBC have lol?

(*cringe intensifies*)

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Honestly this should be no contest.

Kaluuya deserves this. The only person I would even consider in his place would be Paul Raci for a completely different kind of performance (not to mention one that is truly supporting).

If Sacha Baron Cohen somehow pulls this off, it would be a travesty of a win. It would essentially be on par with Laura Dern winning for MARRIAGE STORY in my book.

Although, come to think of it, I suppose I wouldn’t be upset by a Leslie Odom Jr win.

Some quality opinions 👏👏👏

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    ArtIsntEasy
    Topics:

Come to think of it, the only moment I even really remember from SBC in CHICAGO 7 was when he mockingly yelled “Father, no!” to Frank Langela.

The fact that I only took away THAT from his role…then yeah, you’re right…it would be worse than Dern.

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

With everything that has been said, I’m putting J&BM in my movie theater must-see list.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Laura Dern had no excellent scene and her overdue narrative was pure fraud because she wasn’t overdue at just 52 with only 2 nominations. Let’s be honest. SBC does nothing award worthy though

Andra Day should be winning Best Actress

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I don’t even remember much from SBC on Chicago 7, just that he did some jokes and all.

They can just name the Oscar he wins with the Borat Award, if he wins.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Laura Dern had no excellent scene and her overdue narrative was pure fraud because she wasn’t overdue at just 52 with only 2 nominations. Let’s be honest. SBC does nothing award worthy though

Well she had been in the business for 40 years.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

She’s the daughter of two big film stars who wasn’t given any Oscar, she’s been accumulating respect for her forty years career, she’s a literal overdue the same way Gena Rowlands (she only had two), Cicely Tyson (she only had one) or Laura Linney (she only had three. The same word cannot be said to Jessica Chastain. Although she’s >40 years old right now, she only started working in film when she’s thirty and her breakout role happened ten years ago. However, Kirsten Dunst can be called overdue. Why? She’s been working since 90s and hasn’t been recognized. It’s about the body of work and the length of the career, not always about how many nominations one can get. Saoirse Ronan is not overdue although she already have four now.

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Not here for this surprise Jessica Chastain dragging.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.