Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
7 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
String Cheese..
Oscirus_Jones
  • Profile picture
    Kafka_Gyllenhaal
    Topics:

Right now I’ve got Baron Cohen – Boseman – Kaluuya – Odom, Jr. – Raci

I could see Rylance or Straithairn bumping Raci out, but I really hope Raci gets nominated.

Still have some desperate hope for the Tucci gang…

FYC: Minari for Everything

Profile picture
    Miguel Marrero
    Topics:

Well I have to eat my own words, but I love being humbled. Congratulations soon to be Oscar winner Daniel Kaluuya 👏 🏆 🏆 🏆

Haven’t seen the film but I’m sure you deserved it!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This may sound crazy but if Minari really really is rising with actors and Academy members is it possible they nominate Alan S. Kim? Him and Yuh-jung Youn have been EVERYWHERE.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

This may sound crazy but if Minari really really is rising with actors and Academy members is it possible they nominate Alan S. Kim? Him and Yuh-jung Youn have been EVERYWHERE.

He is 7th in my predictions. If the actors branch really really like it it’s possible (much more likely than Yeri Han). Also, Alan also got in the BAFTA longlist which really doesn’t mean jack, but there is that teensy weensy possibility.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

This may sound crazy but if Minari really really is rising with actors and Academy members is it possible they nominate Alan S. Kim? Him and Yuh-jung Youn have been EVERYWHERE.

DONT TEASE ME THIS IS BULLYING

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

If it was going to happen I think SAG would have nominated him. Not only did they love Minari but they also love nominating kids. Among youngsters only Saoirse Ronan and Quvenzhané Wallis were nominated for an Oscar without a SAG nod; Atonement had some weird issues getting in at the guilds while I remember Beasts of the Southern Wild being ineligible at SAG for some reason, though I’m not sure why. The last little boy to get an Oscar nom was Haley Joel Osment in The Sixth Sense.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I would LOVE an Alan Kim nomination, but why didn’t SAG nominate him if they loved Minari and nominated Helena Zengel?

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Wolfali was just pointing out that the kid in particular has been everywhere as of late (which is after the sag noms came out obviously). So therefore sometimes actors get that surprise nom while riding the success of their film… he’s just a bit more likely to do so if thay was the case. I mean it won’t happen, (literally a 100/1 possibility) but it’s there.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

You know, Minari IS top 3 in Best Picture, presumedly. Marina de Tavira and Jacki Weaver surprised when their films were top 3 in BP… if we’re considering Yeri Han, maybe he should be considered too

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

You know, Minari IS top 3 in Best Picture, presumedly. Marina de Tavira and Jacki Weaver surprised when their films were top 3 in BP… if we’re considering Yeri Han, maybe he should be considered too

Well since Best Actress is locked up and the fifth spot for Supporting Actor could possibility go to nasty Leto… a Tavira situation is more likely to happen here. Strathairn is 5th in my odds right now.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I’m thinking Strathairn too. Kirby is vulnerable in Actress, tho

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Well since Best Actress is locked up and the fifth spot for Supporting Actor could possibility go to nasty Leto… a Tavira situation is more likely to happen here. Strathairn is 5th in my odds right now.

When they use the scene of him getting his grandmother “Mountain Dew” as the Oscar clip!

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If it was going to happen I think SAG would have nominated him. Not only did they love Minari but they also love nominating kids. Among youngsters only Saoirse Ronan and Quvenzhané Wallis were nominated for an Oscar without a SAG nod; Atonement had some weird issues getting in at the guilds while I remember Beasts of the Southern Wild being ineligible at SAG for some reason, though I’m not sure why. The last little boy to get an Oscar nom was Haley Joel Osment in The Sixth Sense.

I would LOVE an Alan Kim nomination, but why didn’t SAG nominate him if they loved Minari and nominated Helena Zengel?

Wolfali was just pointing out that the kid in particular has been everywhere as of late (which is after the sag noms came out obviously). So therefore sometimes actors get that surprise nom while riding the success of their film… he’s just a bit more likely to do so if thay was the case. I mean it won’t happen, (literally a 100/1 possibility) but it’s there.

Yeah what Aimearrow said.

I have no doubt it would be a long shot prediction but my point is that <i>Minari </i>seems to have been on a rising path this entire season as its visibility has improved. So with Alan Kim being everywhere I wonder if he can somehow coattail (even though he failed to make SAG).

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I know a lot of people aren’t predicting him but I feel like Boseman is getting nominated here even if he gets snubbed at BAFTA.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

If Alan Kim wins Young Actor/Actress at CCA…

Jesus, I’d love that so much. I want to see him give a speech so badly.

#StopAsianHate

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.