Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 201 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 mins ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Human Bartender
David
  • Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

Throwback to people using Regina King having 15mn of screentime and an actual supporting performance against her because they preferred the fraud leading performances in the lineup Yahya did enough to warrant a Supporting nom and he definitely wasn’t a cameo by any stretch

They did the same thing with Ali in Moonlight.

Let’s Go Bucks

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Throwback to people using Regina King having 15mn of screentime and an actual supporting performance against her because they preferred the fraud leading performances in the lineup Yahya did enough to warrant a Supporting nom and he definitely wasn’t a cameo by any stretch

I’m sorry wtf? How on earth can anyone watch If Beale Street Could Talk and say Regina King is a cameo.

Also I liked Weisz’s performance slightly more that year but King DESERVED that Oscar. I hate it when people start to attack her win.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

I’m sorry wtf? How on earth can anyone watch If Beale Street Could Talk and say Regina King is a cameo. Also I liked Weisz’s performance slightly more that year but King DESERVED that Oscar. I hate it when people start to attack her win.

I will always defend Regina’s win, she 100% earned it. I remember writing a whole essay on why her role and performance were so important, as far as representing powerful and supportive black mothers on screen. As opposed to Mo’Nique in Precious (who killed it too)

When it comes to doing great with a limited screentime, Brian Tyree Henry and Aunjanue Ellis deserved attention as well

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo
    Best Supp Actress - Glenn Close
    Best Supp Actor - Chadwick Boseman

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

When it comes to doing great with a limited screentime, Brian Tyree Henry and Aunjanue Ellis deserved attention as well

I agree. Honestly I love Amy Adams but I would have taken her out that year and put Aunjanue in. The chemistry between her and Regina in the “it’s your grandchild” scene was powerful!

I also think Barry Jenkins should have gotten into Director over Adam McKay, Tyree Henry over Rockwell. In fact I would have just given all of Vice‘s Oscar nominations sans Editing and Makeup and Hair to If Beale Street Could Talk lol.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Abdul-Mateen certainly wasn’t a cameo lol. Perfectly decent size Supporting performance. But boy he did nothing awards worthy in this.

And neither did anyone else lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

I never thought Sorkin was getting in to director (still don’t) but this is something the Academy WILL eat up. It could very well win Picture on a preferential ballot.

I agree with this, well I once was predicting Sorkin because I thought the film was going to be good, but after seeing it there’s no way. Rylance could go 2/2 if this ends up performing like Green Book.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I agree with this, well I once was predicting Sorkin because I thought the film was going to be good, but after seeing it there’s no way. Rylance could go 2/2 if this ends up performing like Green Book.

I don’t see Rylance going 2/2 if Chadwick is right there to be honest. Maybe Rylance could win the BAFTA but not the Oscar imo.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

I don’t see Rylance going 2/2 if Chadwick is right there to be honest. Maybe Rylance could win the BAFTA but not the Oscar imo.

You never know with these people. I’m like 99% sure he will win but anything can happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You never know with these people. I’m like 99% sure he will win but anything can happen.

This is true. I mean I guess I sound hypocritical because I go around saying we shouldn’t rule things out and I point out what I see as hypocrisy of people calling people locks but saying other people are not allowed to do the same but in this particular case I would be shocked if Chadwick lost for what’s meant to be his career best performance.

People do worship the ground Rylance is on but I mean would Rylance even want to win if Chadwick delivers a spectacular performance and gets posthumously nominated?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

If it wasn’t for Chadwick and the exceptional circumstances, Rylance could very well go 2/2

I don’t think anyone is beating Boseman no matter what, but I can’t deny Rylance really did that

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo
    Best Supp Actress - Glenn Close
    Best Supp Actor - Chadwick Boseman

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What I will say though is Rylance is getting his second one day. Just not in the upcoming year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Abdul-Mateen certainly wasn’t a cameo lol. Perfectly decent size Supporting performance. But boy he did nothing awards worthy in this.

And neither did anyone else lol.

yeah if i didnt have at 40/1 id take him out for someone else. While acting good and well praised I think something else can easily topple it at sag awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

yeah if i didnt have at 40/1 id take him out for someone else.

I have him at 100/1 and I’m stuck with him too…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

(lol at people like hopelesstar continuing to be pissed he won the Emmy going around saying he’s a terrible actor in everything)

Your obsession towards me is quite unnerving. You continue to lurk my predictions, memorizing my comments and calling me out in threads I’m not even active on. Keep my name out of your mouth. I would also advice you to seek professional attention.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ok I apologise for calling you out in this thread. That was uncalled for, childish and I won’t do it again.

But if you’re going to give me a lecture about checking people’s predictions and pointing out their hypocrisy through using past comments then you should lecture a significant number of people on tbis site for doing the same. It’s in the culture. There is a severe amount of hypocrisy on this site and honestly it shows. There are people who have literally threatened to assault users on here and have literally dubbed them with derogatory and toxic language and people have liked their comments and haven’t said a word about anything. Yet for example when myself or another user gets into a mild disagreement with another user we started getting accused of all sorts of things and getting harassed on here.

I understand how wrong my post was and I have deleted it and would like to apologise to you. However I also just want to point out that the fact that people (not you) on here have called out users for their so called “hypocrisy” when arguing a point of view more than they have called out people who are combative, dub users with all sorts of derogatory language and threaten to assault them. It feels childish and concerning.

Knowing some of the users (not all of you because a lot of you understand this on here) on this thread this post is going to be completely ignored but it has to be said. It sometimes gets too toxic on here when users keep coming back creating new accounts that are almost intended to attack you and then other users are too angry about you posting a prediction for the Golden Globes to call out the abuse of those sockpuppets.

Anyway I’ve said what I wanted to say.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 201 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.