Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 499 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Dan Backslide
wolfali
David
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I hope this trailer now silences those ridiculous opinions that Chadwick would never have been a contender if he hadn’t died and that he is only winning because he died. I mean I’m not saying he would be winning if he was still alive but it is very clear he’d at least be competitive for the nomination from performance alone.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Boseman looks excellent.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I hope this trailer now silences those ridiculous opinions that Chadwick would never have been a contender if he hadn’t died and that he is only winning because he died. I mean I’m not saying he would be winning if he was still alive but it is very clear he’d at least be competitive for the nomination from performance alone.

I think he’d still be the frontrunner to win Supoprting Actor if he was alive. The competition is so weak this year, espeically with Delroy Lindo and Daniel Kaluuya in lead.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    Someonelikeme
    Topics:

Congrats in advance, Chadwick!

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

I think he’d still be the frontrunner to win Supoprting Actor if he was alive. The competition is so weak this year, espeically with Delroy Lindo and Daniel Kaluuya in lead.

Again, it’s preemptive to say the competition is so weak this year. We just had a film with three potential and acclaimed contenders come out (four if Baron Cohen switches you supporting), and several others that already have fairly strong hype.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Based on the trailer AW consensus is that Boseman may go Lead.

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

Part of me wants Goree to be nominated just because I want The CW go to full “CSI Cyber with Patricia Arquette” and start marketing as “Riverdale S5 returns… starring Oscar nominee Eli Goree”

Goree didn’t do anything special in One Night in Miami. If they hadn’t said he was playing Ali. I would of thought it was random boxer. Only two with worthy performances are Odom and Ben Adir

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Now that I’ve seen The Trial of the Chicago 7, I can confirm what I suspected: everyone’s great, no one will be nominated. But that SAG Ensemble award is pretty much locked.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

END OF WEEK 6 PREDICTIONS

Best Supporting Actor

1. Leslie Odom, Jr. (One Night in Miami)
    2. Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom)
    3. Yahya Abdul-Mateen II (The Trial of the Chicago 7)
    4. Jeremy Strong (The Trial of the Chicago 7)
    5. David Strathairn (Nomadland)
    Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Chadwick :'( . My heart just got filled with so much emotion. He better get what he deserves and by that I mean an Academy Award!

https://youtu.be/ord7gP151vk

I actually shed a tear watching this. He really had so much potential, it’s so unfair.

But I am doubtful about one thing, he seemed like a co-lead in the trailer. Is he being campaigned in Lead instead? If he is in supporting this category is locked up. But I am not sure whether to predict him in lead or supporting.

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

In a sense I would welcome a lead push for Boseman, if he truly belongs there. It could make the supporting race more interesting and he’d be a surefire nominee either way. I’m not ready to get sentimental about a posthumous sweep if it is category fraud, but I wouldn’t expect many others to care about that.

Though I’m not sure how reliable the rumours are that he might in fact go lead.

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:
    JackO
    Topics:
    Stank83
    Topics:

So Dance or Rylance may win this category?

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

If I’m Wb I’m running Kaluuya supporting. This category is literally wide open with no frontrunners right now.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor’ is closed to new replies.