Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 499 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Dan Backslide
wolfali
David
  • Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

a) it’s Abdul-Mateen and b) he is on several frontrunner lists and is a universally praised part of a Best Picture contender, so he is plenty near a nomination, regardless of your personal opinion

A) Stop acting like he’s Brad Pitt. Most people couldnt pick him from a lineup. His role in Trial 7 is not worthy of any consideration. Pretty much all the other actors in the film were better.

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

A) Stop acting like he’s Brad Pitt. Most people couldnt pick him from a lineup.

Who has commented on his popularity or renown? Nobody has mentioned that and it is not relevant to any discussion here. I was correcting you getting his name wrong.

His role in Trial 7 is not worthy of any consideration. Pretty much all the other actors in the film were better.

Lol. His performance has been praised universally, he is already well placed by virtue of what his character and role in the movie is and what the current political climate is, and he is on most frontrunner lists by experts and critics, your personal opinion is less than a non-factor.

rubbish

Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

Lol. His performance has been praised universally, he is already well placed by virtue of what his character and role in the movie is and what the current political climate is, and he is on most frontrunner lists by experts and critics, your personal opinion is less than a non-factor.

Those who have put him on their frontrunners list clearly havent seen the film.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I watched Chicago 7 yesterday, and Rylance was stunningly great. I am not sure I’d quite yet say win-worthy, but he def. deserves to be in the running. Langella and Abdul-Mateen II were great too.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    JennaJenna
    Topics:

Are we just assuming that Sacha Baron Cohen will contend in Lead, or is there some source on that? I’ve seen him discussed as Supporting elsewhere.

Profile picture
    fyras19
    Topics:

Are we just assuming that Sacha Baron Cohen will contend in Lead, or is there some source on that? I’ve seen him discussed as Supporting elsewhere.

I think most people just assume he’s going lead to avoid vote splitting, but I don’t see that happening. I think Netflix has far too many contenders in lead, he’s likely to get nominated if he goes supporting and most importantly he isn’t the lead in Chicago 7.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

Cohen isn’t getting nominated in either category regardless of placement so no point in discussing it.

He’s the most likely nominee from Chicago 7. If he’s supporting he is a lock!

Profile picture
    JennaJenna
    Topics:

Cohen isn’t getting nominated in either category regardless of placement so no point in discussing it.

Really? I see a lot of predictions for him in supporting.

Haven’t watched the movie yet to see for myself, though.

Profile picture
    fyras19
    Topics:

He’s the most likely nominee from Chicago 7. If he’s supporting he is a lock!

I think Rylance is ahead of him, but if the category stays weak I think he will get the nod.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

1: Leslie Odom Jr.-One Night in Miami

2: Bill Murray-On the Rocks

3: Charles Dance-Mank

4: Lakeith Stanford-Judas and the Black Messiah

5: David Straitharn-Nomadland

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

1. Leslie Odom Jr. (One Night in Miami)
    2. Charles Dance (Mank)
    3. Sacha Baron Cohen (The Trial of the Chicago 7)
    4. David Straitharn (Nomadland)
    5. Bill Murray (On the Rocks)

Profile picture
    Derp Boy
    Topics:

Everyone seems to have Leslie Odom Jr and Charles Dance in their predictions. You think one of these two will prevail as the early front runner?

"We will always have Paris"

Profile picture
    Monty
    Topics:

Chicago 7 feels like the type of movie which is winning best picture. I could totally see three of the Chicago boys nominated in this category, most likely Sacha Baron Cohen, Frank Langella and Mark Rylance. I hope Langella wins.

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

Chicago 7 feels like the type of movie which is winning best picture. I could totally see three of the Chicago boys nominated in this category, most likely Sacha Baron Cohen, Frank Langella and Mark Rylance. I hope Langella wins.

Strikes me as more of an Irishman type situation where it is widely respected enough to get plenty of nominations, but not beloved enough to win at the minute, but I’ve not seen other big players so can’t say for sure.

Think this will translate to supporting too though – two nominations (Cohen if he’s ran there, Rylance, Mateen if not) very feasible, but I still have Dance and Odom Jr. ahead of either.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor’ is closed to new replies.