Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 320 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
28 mins ago
replies
views
users
Human Bartender
wolfali
David
  • Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

I feel like three people are locks and there are two spots up for grabs but these are my guesses:
    Burke
    Odom Jr.
    Rylance
    Murray
    Malek

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

I feel like three people are locks and there are two spots up for grabs but these are my guesses: Burke Odom Jr. Rylance Murray Malek

I would say that Rylance is the only lock for a nom at this point. Still don’t even think I can say that since there are so many contenders in Chicago 7 who will be campaigned in supporting which will most likely lead to vote splitting between the ensemble.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Malek

As in, Rami Malek? For No Time to Die? That’s a bold prediction.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

I thought I was the only one thinking that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Thanks I guess lol. Proabably my only “out there” prediction tbh

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

I mean Javier Bardem was nominated a BAFTA for Skyfall, Malek being nominated isn’t impossible.

FYC Oscars: Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mark Rylance (Trail of the Chicago 7), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Soul (Best Picture, Best Animated Feature Film, and Best Original Screenplay)

FYC Grammys: Circles (Album of the Year), Good News (Record and Song of the Year), Future Nostalgia (Album of the Year), Don't Start Now (Record and Song of the Year), Everything I Wanted (Record and Song of the Year)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

And SAG too, in all likelihood Bardem was probably 6th in 2012.

If NTTD is any good at all, Malek will probably happen at BAFTA, 2/4 of the Craig films (the good two) have had an actor nominated there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Strathairn missed every precursor but still showed up on nomination morning because Nomadland will likely be very strong. Sort of like how de Tavira was nominated for Roma. He’s also a previous nominee and this category seems pretty open, as of right now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hayden
    Topics:

And SAG too, in all likelihood Bardem was probably 6th in 2012.

I don’t want to derail the conversation back to 2012, but I’m still surprised DiCaprio didn’t land a supporting nom for Django. By all means I think he did a better job than Waltz. Samuel Jackson’s performance is worthy too. I know they didn’t want to flood the category with one film, but just my opinion based on the performances, etc…

But yes, Bardem was very good in Skyfall. Malek could have a slight chance depending on how the film turns out. I’m quite fond of Malek as an actor, and I’m glad he’s won an Oscar, but I’m still baffled as to what happened with Bohemian Rhapsody, and I don’t think he deserved that win for that performance at all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

Malek’s win reeks of “he’s a nice guy and for some reason we thought his movie was good so let’s give it to him”

He’s a terrific actor and I wish he’d won in the future for a legitimately great movie and performance. But tbh I don’t mind that he won when he did, happy for him, he deserves success. That whole year was a mess though.

rubbish

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

I don’t want to derail the conversation back to 2012, but I’m still surprised DiCaprio didn’t land a supporting nom for Django. By all means I think he did a better job than Waltz. Samuel Jackson’s performance is worthy too. I know they didn’t want to flood the category with one film, but just my opinion based on the performances, etc…

Ultimately, among the Django cast, I think DiCaprio’s performance is the one which aged better, so I agree.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I mean Javier Bardem was nominated a BAFTA for Skyfall, Malek being nominated isn’t impossible.

But he wasn’t nominated for the Oscar, whoch makes me skeptical. That being said, Malek does have a good chance at a BAFTA nom.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

Maybe Malek could possibly get in somewhere, but he and the film are gonna need very positive notices for it to happen.

Skyfall and Bardem are considered by far one of the best films and villains in the Bond franchise, so I don’t feel comfortable comparing Malek unless if we see similar acclaim.

Let’s Go Bucks

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

Ultimately, among the Django cast, I think DiCaprio’s performance is the one which aged better, so I agree.

That’s interesting, cause I feel like Waltz’s performance aged better since a lot of DiCaprio’s buzz was based around his overdue narrative, which hurts conception a bit now that he’s won.

This is kind of noticeable with the Gold Derby awards for example. For that year, this site nominated Waltz and gave DiCaprio the win. But then for our decade awards, Waltz was nominated and DiCaprio was snubbed.

Let’s Go Bucks

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

Not the biggest fan of any Django performance. Waltz, DiCaprio and Jackson were all nomination worthy for sure but Philip Seymour Hoffman and Tommy Lee Jones hugely outshone them in The Master and Lincoln.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 320 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.