Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 497 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
Dan Backslide
wolfali
David
  • Profile picture
    Leo's burner
    Topics:

Is there any news about how Kaluuya and Stanfield are being promoted?

Take this with a grain of salt, but Clayton Davis recently just switched his predictions from Kaluuya being campaigned to lead and he moved him supporting while Stanfield is lead. Clayton Davis actually has a pretty close relationship with two of the writers being the Lucas Bros, so I’m assuming they may have told him that would be the plan which led to him switching Kaluuya to supporting and Stanfield to lead so randomly.

Profile picture
    Damucracia
    Topics:

Take this with a grain of salt, but Clayton Davis recently just switched his predictions from Kaluuya being campaigned to lead and he moved him supporting while Stanfield is lead. Clayton Davis actually has a pretty close relationship with two of the writers being the Lucas Bros, so I’m assuming they may have told him that would be the plan which led to him switching Kaluuya to supporting and Stanfield to lead so randomly.

Thks

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Doesn’t seem like any have much in the early notices, but I’ll wait for more detailed reviews before I take Mank out of the category.

I’ve seen a lot of praise for Howard and some have said he’s getting nominated.

Sens praise for Pelphrey but haven’t seen anyone say he’s getting nominated (although I would love to see him get nominated and take revenge after that Emmy snub).

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Nikhil
    Topics:

Finally got around to seeing Trial of Chicago 7 and I’m curious who you all think will be the BSA nominee from the film (they may even get two)

Right now, my preference would be
    1. Redmayne
    2. Rylance
    3. Cohen
    4. Gordon-Levitt
    5. Abdul-Mateen II
    6. Strong

But I think in terms of likelihood for a nomination it would be
    1. Rylance
    2. Cohen
    3. Redmayne
    4. Abdul-Mateen II

Rylance, Cohen, and Redmayne have the best roles and Mateen, while not afforded the same amount of screen time, definitely gets to have a lot of louder scenes that the Academy goes for. Would love to hear others’ thoughts.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Like I said a few pages back, Eddie Redmayne has the biggest part and the showiest moments, yet people aren’t predicting him. I think Rylance and Baron Cohen are probably ahead of him, but I wouldn’t discount Redmayne.

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

Clayton Davis also mentioned on Variety’s awards podcast that they would be publishing some kind of news about “Judas and the Black Messiah” on Thursday (which obviously didn’t happen, which probably has to do with the election still not being fully resolved).

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Like I said a few pages back, Eddie Redmayne has the biggest part and the showiest moments, yet people aren’t predicting him. I think Rylance and Baron Cohen are probably ahead of him, but I wouldn’t discount Redmayne.

I’d say he has the biggest part, but Baron Cohen, Rylance, Langella, and Abdul-Mateen all have showier roles and completely overshadow him.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Clayton Davis also mentioned on Variety’s awards podcast that they would be publishing some kind of news about “Judas and the Black Messiah” on Thursday (which obviously didn’t happen, which probably has to do with the election still not being fully resolved).

I think he said Friday on there.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Dorsey
    Topics:

Finally got around to seeing Trial of Chicago 7 and I’m curious who you all think will be the BSA nominee from the film (they may even get two) Right now, my preference would be 1. Redmayne 2. Rylance 3. Cohen 4. Gordon-Levitt 5. Abdul-Mateen II 6. Strong But I think in terms of likelihood for a nomination it would be 1. Rylance 2. Cohen 3. Redmayne 4. Abdul-Mateen II Rylance, Cohen, and Redmayne have the best roles and Mateen, while not afforded the same amount of screen time, definitely gets to have a lot of louder scenes that the Academy goes for. Would love to hear others’ thoughts.

My preference would be to nuke the movie from orbit entirely but if we have to deal with it, Cohen and Rylance are the plays.

FYC:

Best Picture: C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion
    Actor: Joaquin Phoenix (C'mon C'mon), Andrew Garfield (Tick, Tick... Boom!)
    Supporting Actress: Gaby Hoffman (C'mon C'mon), Ann Dowd (Mass), Ruth Negga (Passing)
    Supporting Actor: Jason Isaacs (Mass), Robin de Jesús (Tick, Tick... Boom!)

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

I definitely think Baron Cohen could… potentially win? More so than Rylance. Him being a borderline lead along with Redmayne will help this.

FYC
    Picture: Dune
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Sup. Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Sup. Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Original: The Worst Person in the World
    Adapted: The Power of the Dog
    Cinematography/Editing/Score/Production Design/Sound: Dune
    Costumes: Cruella
    Animated/Doc: Flee
    International Feature: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

My preference would be to nuke the movie from orbit entirely but if we have to deal with it, Cohen and Rylance are the plays.

Some people on here have really overreacted about this movie. If you didn’t like it that’s one thing. But wanting to nuke it from orbit? Come on.

Profile picture
    Dorsey
    Topics:

it reduces the most important event in leftist politics of the late 20th century to a squabble about grammar and haircuts. sorry if I hurt Sorkin’s (net worth $80 million) feelings lol

FYC:

Best Picture: C'mon C'mon
    Actor: Joaquin Phoenix (C'mon C'mon), Andrew Garfield (Tick, Tick... Boom!)
    Supporting Actress: Gaby Hoffman (C'mon C'mon), Ann Dowd (Mass), Ruth Negga (Passing)
    Supporting Actor: Jason Isaacs (Mass), Robin de Jesús (Tick, Tick... Boom!)

Profile picture
    shrader_loc
    Topics:

interesting that he’s also predicting Fishback.

The director himself invited her to play the part and it sounds like she could work as the emotional core of the film. Hopefully it pans out.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 497 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor’ is closed to new replies.