Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 10)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 515 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
SN
Philip
  • Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

these “conversations” are tiresome as they’ve been happening all year and the entire field has been vetted at this point. These conversat8ions are pretty much folks still unable to face facts.

Well unless you have a crystal ball, it’s not “facts”. You and I well know this is easily the most volatile race out of any category this year, so I don’t blame people for bringing up the possibility that someone else could win.

Edit: Also although I am predicting Glenn to win, no one in Supporting Actress is a lock for a nomination yet except Colman. Yup, anyone can get snubbed except her, IMO. I’m sure you disagree but I’m looking at this from a neutral angle

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Well unless you have a crystal ball, it’s not “facts”. You and I well know this is easily the most volatile race out of any category this year, so I don’t blame people for bringing up the possibility that someone else could win.

It definitely isnt volatile enough for jodie foster to win lol I just find it interesting how even after everyone else flopped, people refuse to admit that Close is coming.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

these “conversations” are tiresome as they’ve been happening all year and the entire field has been vetted at this point. These conversations are pretty much folks still unable to face facts.

And what facts are those? That Glenn is the only worthy winner?

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

It definitely isnt volatile enough for jodie foster to win lol I just find it interesting how even after everyone else flopped, people refuse to admit that Close is coming.

Everyone else flopped? You realize Bakalova, Zengel (if you don’t count the CC categorization) and Colman (whose film is doing much better than Hillbilly) didn’t miss a single major precursor right? Even Youn, who missed the globe, is in a film loved by the actors that will give a nice boost to her chances.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

I remember people say Glenn was coming for The Wife (a better performance than Redneck Elegy), but we all saw what happened there. HAHAHA

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Musical/Comedy winners are often frozen out of the wider awards races though. I think she will pick up some other noms, but the big prize for her would really just be to get the Oscar nom, which she still has a bit of an uphill fight for at the moment.

8 out of the last 10 C/M Actress winners were nominated for an Academy Award the same year. The only exceptions are bad-luck Amy and Awkwafina, who was in a flop film and suffered from Asian acting bias (same as the Parasite cast).

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Dominique Fishback
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

There’s a good chance Bakalova doesn’t make the nomination, but if she does, I think she’s top two for the win.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Pls. Not JackO giving Close fans a bad reputation. Jesus…

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Don’t get me wrong… I really do admire Glenn Close and I am myself a fan but we can’t disregard this crazy af year and the possibilities.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

8 out of the last 10 C/M Actress winners were nominated for an Academy Award the same year. The only exceptions are bad-luck Amy and Awkwafina, who was in a flop film and suffered from Asian acting bias (same as the Parasite cast).

I don’t think Parasite was Asian acting bias, nor did Awkwafina.
    Awkwafina isn’t a good actress at the end of the day.

Parasite screwed up by only pushing the father, none of the FYC even mentioned other actors. That’s on the campaign staff.

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

I don’t think Parasite was Asian acting bias, nor did Awkwafina. Awkwafina isn’t a good actress at the end of the day. Parasite screwed up by only pushing the father, none of the FYC even mentioned other actors. That’s on the campaign staff.

Eh I mean look at the Oscars history of snubbing asians with major precursors beforehand (ex: Zhang Ziyi, The talented Crouching Tiger cast). There’s gotta be asian bias there and it’s too easy too believe.

Awkwafina I did think however was 6th place, and the Parasite cast suffered from the father only being pushed (like you said, and he didn’t get any major precursors or real critics attention), and the fact that there were like 4 women to choose from lol.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Awkwafina I did think however was 6th place

I think Lupita was 6th last year.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

The Academy had numerous viable Asian contenders to nominate in 2019 in multiple acting categories. Yet they chose 0. There’s no excuse. It definitely was a bias.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

The Academy had numerous viable Asian contenders to nominate in 2019 in multiple acting categories. Yet they chose 0. There’s no excuse. It definitely was a bias.

There is absolutely an excuse. The Farewell was awful. Anyone thinking that Awkwafina was getting an Oscar nod is smoking crack.

Category placement for Parasite really screwed themselves over. They did no pushing of the actors.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

I remember people say Glenn was coming for The Wife (a better performance than Redneck Elegy), but we all saw what happened there. HAHAHA

And how is mocking Close’s humiliating Oscar loss not also being petty and shitty?

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.