Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 10)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 515 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
SN
Philip
  • Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

Just wanted to drop some interesting Oscars trivia: if Glenn Close wins an Oscar for Hillbilly Elegy she will be 74 years old by the time of the ceremony (or when Oscar winners are announced), making her the third oldest winner in this category. <3

Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

She is not losing to Olivia for sure.

I hope so, I’m very confident Glenn will win this year, at last. Her main competitor is Olivia but The Father is not as big as The Favourite was. Plus, it would be twice as cruel for the Academy to deny her the Oscar this time. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

I hope so, I’m very confident Glenn will win this year, at last. Her main competitor is Olivia but The Father is not as big as The Favourite was. Plus, it would be twice as cruel for the Academy to deny her the Oscar this time. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Yes Glenn will win. Pay no attention to the Goldderby forum hype.

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    Gwen
    Topics:

I just can’t see the reason why the Globe would nominate Glenn, and only Glenn, for Hillbilly Elegy, a panned movie otherwise snubbed, if not to award her and make her begin the sweep. Sunday can’t come soon enough…

2021 Award Season, FYC:

Best Actress: CAREY MULLIGAN for PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN
    Best Actor: DELROY LINDO for DA 5 BLOODS
    Best Supporting Actress: GLENN CLOSE for HILLBILLY ELEGY

Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

I just can’t see the reason why the Globe would nominate Glenn, and only Glenn, for Hillbilly Elegy, a panned movie otherwise snubbed, if not to award her and make her begin the sweep. Sunday can’t come soon enough…

Yes, the Golden Globes love Glenn. I really hope she wins on Sunday. But even if she loses I think she could still potentially win the Oscar.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

That’s whats bugging me the most. I’m predicting Amanda atm because Mank did get 6 nominations, but they did nominate Glennie for a panned and ‘forgotten’ movie. Why would they do that if they didn’t have the intention of rewarding her?! This category is an absolute mess.

Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

That’s whats bugging me the most. I’m predicting Amanda atm because Mank did get 6 nominations, but they did nominate Glennie for a panned and ‘forgotten’ movie. Why would they do that if they didn’t have the intention of regarding her?! This category is an absolute mess.

I can understand why you’re predicting Amanda since she was the initial front runner at the beginning of the season. And yes the HFPA must loved Mank for giving it 6 nominations. There’s just something about the movie, in my opinion it was kinda dull and while Amanda impressed me I don’t think her performance was out of the ordinary it was just okay. So therefore I’d say it’s between Close and Colman at this point.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

</p>
    Because she’s Glenn Close and she has 15 Golden Globes nominations. Also, she is great in the movie.

She might take Globes and SAG, but I can’t picture her winning the Oscar for a performance in a panned movie that has 25% on Rotten Tomatoes. There’s no precendent for it in modern history.

Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”> </p> Because she’s Glenn Close and she has 15 Golden Globes nominations. Also, she is great in the movie. She might take Globes and SAG, but I can’t picture her winning the Oscar for a performance in a panned movie that has 25% on Rotten Tomatoes. There’s no precendent for it in modern history.

Yeah, but that’s the critics’ score and even a lot of those critics who gave the movie a bad review praised Glenn Close. If she wins SAG that’s a good sign that the industry loved her performance. Plus, needless to say she’s an overdue legendary actress and that works in her favor. Anything could happen in this crazy, unpredictable year.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Yeah, but that’s the critics’ score and even a lot of those critics who gave the movie a bad review praised Glenn Close. If she wins SAG that’s a good sign that the industry loved her performance. Plus, needless to say she’s an overdue legendary actress and that works in her favor. Anything could happen in this crazy, unpredictable year.

Loved her performance or are just sick of her blatantly campaigning to get an Oscar. Lets not pretend this performance is great.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

Loved her performance or are just sick of her blatantly campaigning to get an Oscar. Lets not pretend this performance is great.

It’s no worse than Laura Dern’s thankless role last year or Regina King’s absolute DO NOTHING performance.

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

All of the groups that nominated Close did so for a reason. They’re not “pretending” anything. Each could have snubbed her and didn’t. They found worth in her performance, which is perfectly within their rights to do.

Profile picture
    Arthur J. Fleck
    Topics:

Glenn Close will be the worst supporting actress winner of all time.

All I have are negative thoughts

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Glenn Close will be the worst supporting actress winner of all time.

Nah. Renee Zellweger would still be worse.

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

From your lips to voters ears.

You admitted you wouldn’t watch Bakalova’s film unless she was nominated so I assume you’ve relented?

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.