Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 10)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 515 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
SN
Philip
  • Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

You admitted you wouldn’t watch Bakalova’s film unless she was nominated so I assume you’ve relented?

I did finally watch because I had caught up on everything in her categories. Can I get my 90 minutes back?

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Loved her performance or are just sick of her blatantly campaigning to get an Oscar. Lets not pretend this performance is great.

I enjoyed King. Dern did nothing award worthy. I have pointed that out about Dern multiple times. So what’s your point?

Glenn Close is not getting in based on a performance, not at all.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Halmeonim coming for her Oscar!
    YJ

As she should 👏🏾

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

I enjoyed King. Dern did nothing award worthy. I have pointed that out about Dern multiple times. So what’s your point? Glenn Close is not getting in based on a performance, not at all.

No she is not.

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Too bad the latter is not coming to fruition.

Yes, and it’s too bad the eventual winner is winning for such a mediocre performance. I get yall want your fav icon to have that golden statuette; but these career awards for such undeserving performances really make a joke out of the Academy, but I digress…

Profile picture
    Mr. Tintin
    Topics:

I don’t think Youn gets the Oscar without Steven Yeun getting nominated and the film getting love overall, which isn’t the most likely.

I still think Amanda will win despite the SAG snub, or Glenn will just get the trophy for her overdue status.

Movie-lover overall.

Profile picture
    restlessmao
    Topics:

I don’t know if anyone has posted about this. I just realized that no one in a Fincher movie has ever won any acting award at the Oscars, GG, or BAFTA for their performance in his movies.

I was predicting Amanda to win GG. Now I’m not sure.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

I’m predicting Amanda to win the Globe. I just don’t think they are going to start another sweep trajectory for Glenn. We are going to have a very fragmented race imo

They really liked Mank, so zero wins? She’s the most easy thing to reward about that film. Unless Fincher wins Director…

I don’t know if anyone has posted about this. I just realized that no one in a Fincher movie has ever won any acting award at the Oscars, GG, or BAFTA for their performance in his movies. I was predicting Amanda to win GG. Now I’m not sure.

Yeah it’s a pretty know fact. And It’s a shame.

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I’m predicting Amanda to win the Globe. I just don’t think they are going to start another sweep trajectory for Glenn. We are going to have a very fragmented race imo, with every awards bodies doing their own thing. They really liked Mank, so zero wins? She’s the most easy thing to reward about that film..

I believe Mank will win Score.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

I believe Mank will win Score.

I think they give it to Soul

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I still think Seyfried winning the Golden Globe is the best thing that could happen to Youn Yuh-jung. I also think that if Glenn Close loses the Golden Globe, she’ll have a hard time getting nominated for the Oscar.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I don’t see Seyfried winning the Globe. True the Globes loved Mank but as people have already pointed out it will be this year’s The Irishman securing pivotal nominations at the Globes but ended up not winning in any category. But unlike The Irishman, I think Mank has a real possibility to win Best Score if the HFPA wants to award Mank somewhere. I just don’t see enough passion for Seyfried to win a precursor. I actually have Close winning the Globe here but I can Colman possibly winning as well. I think the omission of Youn makes this category more difficult to predict. It could be possible the Globes starts the Close sweep here or choose Colman as their winner while Youn wins Critics Choice but Close ends up winning SAG and the Oscar.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

I don’t see Seyfried winning the Globe. True the Globes loved Mank but as people have already pointed out it will be this year’s The Irishman securing pivotal nominations at the Globes but ended up not winning in any category. But unlike The Irishman, I think Mank has a real possibility to win Best Score if the HFPA wants to award Mank somewhere. I just don’t see enough passion for Seyfried to win a precursor. I actually have Close winning the Globe here but I can Colman possibly winning as well. I think the omission of Youn makes this category more difficult to predict. It could be possible the Globes starts the Close sweep here or choose Colman as their winner while Youn wins Critics Choice but Close ends up winning SAG and the Oscar.

I say watch out for Colman at SAG. She’s never won an individual award.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Darlings.. Colman is going to win again I can feel it.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.