Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 10)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 515 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
SN
Philip
  • Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Idk what to feel if Glenn win an Oscar for Hillbily Elegy. Sure she is overdue, but her win will provide another material for Ben Stiller and co to make another Tropic Thunder to mock her Oscar win plus last year’s Joaquin Phoenix win

I mean Ben Stiller made Secret Life of Walter Mitty. He has no room to talk.

Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

If Glenn loses this time, I hope she isn’t as much of a sore loser as she was with The Wife. I understand her frustration, but that did her no favors.

She was NOT a sore loser

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

Can sunday just come to end this already

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Can sunday just come to end this already

This thread when Glenn wins: she’s coming and winning! (I would be more sure of this prediction too)

This thread if Amanda wins: “Glenn could still win the HFPA just liked Mank a lot” & a mix of “yassss the Regina King of this year”

If anyone else gets it this category will be even more of a cluster f*** than it already is

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

If Glenn loses the GG I don’t see her winning the Oscar at all. In fact, if that happens, I’ll feel even more comfortable in my Youn Yuh-jung prediction. She’s the critics favourite, has a SAG nomination and she’s the one with the biggest passion. I haven’t seen a single person who hasn’t liked her performance. Olivia just won a lead Oscar and I don’t see why they would want to give her a second this early, not to mention her performance seems to be lacking in passion. Also, I don’t understand this obsession with The Father having to win something at the GG. Several movies have done just as well in nominations, if not better, and still tanked in wins. (And before yall call me a hater, I love Olivia with a capital L. And I haven’t seen The Father yet. Looking forward to it)

Agreed with this so much. If Close can’t win the Globe, it is difficult to see a path for her to win the Oscar. Making Youn the candidate most likely to win the Oscar. In my current predictions, I have Close winning the globe though. It is unfortunate Youn was not nominated at the Globes to make things more clear but we all know why she wasn’t nominated.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

This thread when Glenn wins: she’s coming and winning! (I would be more sure of this prediction too)

This thread if Amanda wins: “Glenn could still win the HFPA just liked Mank a lot” & a mix of “yassss the Regina King of this year”

If anyone else gets it this category will be even more of a cluster f*** than it already is

It will be the literal opposite

Profile picture
    rydemac
    Topics:

Idk what to feel if Glenn win an Oscar for Hillbily Elegy. Sure she is overdue, but her win will provide another material for Ben Stiller and co to make another Tropic Thunder to mock her Oscar win plus last year’s Joaquin Phoenix win

Do you think Glenn or her stans will care if ever that happens (a parody)? …that’s your answer. Literally no one outside a handful of GD users still talks about those parodies. Glenn’s legacy will continue to be her timeless characters, think Cruella, Alex Forrest, Marquise de Merteuil, as partly evidenced by the remakes and other works they inspired. Cheering for the win for Glenn—mostly as it will probably fuel the Sunset Boulevard movie to push through and not die in development hell—but if it doesn’t happen, life goes on!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Jodie Foster is campaigning hard for that nomination. Somehow she managed to get fit in by James Corden on his show last night with Prince Harry.

With her film premiering on VOD a few days before voting begins I wonder if she can grab that last slot.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Do you think Glenn or her stans will care if ever that happens (a parody)? …that’s your answer. Literally no one outside a handful of GD users still talks about those parodies. Glenn’s legacy will continue to be her timeless characters, think Cruella, Alex Forrest, Marquise de Merteuil, as partly evidenced by the remakes and other works they inspired. Cheering for the win for Glenn—mostly as it will probably fuel the Sunset Boulevard movie to push through and not die in development hell—but if it doesn’t happen, life goes on!

yup it’ll be like Al Pacino. Those who hate HE just wont mention it but she’ll be Academy Award Winner Glenn Close nonetheless!

Profile picture
    Marrowbone
    Topics:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLxGaWhhvH5/?igshid=1xj528e85ujwy Alan Kim asks Youn about her reaction to the SAG nomination. She is the coolest and so down to earth. No matter what happens, this lady is the real winner here!

⭐Best Actress - Carey Mulligan

⭐Best Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Jodie Foster is campaigning hard for that nomination. Somehow she managed to get fit in by James Corden on his show last night with Prince Harry.

With her film premiering on VOD a few days before voting begins I wonder if she can grab that last slot.

She should. She is quite good in the film.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Darlings.. Colman is going to win again I can feel it.

this will age like milk and i can feel it.

Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

End of February predictions:

GOLDEN GLOBES:

Will win: Glenn Close, Hillbilly Elegy

Should win: No one.

SAG:

Will win: Glenn Close, Hillbilly Elegy

Should win: Youn Yuh Jung, Minari

CRITICS CHOICE:

Will win: Glenn Close, Hillbilly Elegy

Should win: Ellen Burstyn, Pieces Of A Woman

BAFTA:

Predicted lineup:

Olivia Colman, The Father

Glenn Close, Hillbilly Elegy

Jodie Foster, The Mauritanian

Amanda Seyfried, Mank

Olivia Cooke, Sound Of Metal

Will win: Olivia Colman, The Father

OSCARS:

Predicted lineup:

Olivia Colman, The Father

Glenn Close, Hillbilly Elegy

Amanda Seyfried, Mank

Youn Yuh Jung, Minari

Charlene Swankie, Nomadland

Will win: Glenn Close, Fatal Attraction, Dangerous Liaisons, Hillbilly Elegy

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

I hope Cher will get a nomination out of nowhere to make this race “Oscar vs Glenn Close”.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

Agreed with this so much. If Close can’t win the Globe, it is difficult to see a path for her to win the Oscar. Making Youn the candidate most likely to win the Oscar. In my current predictions, I have Close winning the globe though. It is unfortunate Youn was not nominated at the Globes to make things more clear but we all know why she wasn’t nominated.

Why wouldn’t this be Bakalova?

watch I May Destroy You

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.