Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 10)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 515 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
SN
Philip
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I initially ruled Swankie out but I can’t ignore the fact she’s probably in the top 10 after that AACTA nod. Even though I think she’s probably not getting in lol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

In a pre-COVID world, a strong campaign & narrative might’ve secured Swankie a nomination. Even if she missed precursors.

If it does happen it’ll show voters REALLY loved Nomadland.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

Where can we see the 2021 Razzies shortlist?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I honestly think Yuh-jung Youn is top 2 regardless. She’s everywhere and some of the promo stuff Minari has been doing has been going viral. I couldn’t escape that Q&A with her and Alan S. Kim where she talked about her SAG nomination because it was all over my feed lol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Fuck the HFPA for snubbing Youn.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Fuck the HFPA for snubbing Youn.

I actually think the shut out will help Minari in a similar way the shut out is helping I May Destroy You and might help a lot of poc contenders at the Oscars who were shut out.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Where can we see the 2021 Razzies shortlist?

I saw it on AW but then AW went down.

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

After watching US vs Billie Holiday, I can’t believe I actually thought Natasha Lyonne could break into the race lmao

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

Glenn deserves no Razzie nom. Bad movie, but she tried her best there.

The extra from them

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Would be iconic if glenn wins them both.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I actually think the shut out will help Minari in a similar way the shut out is helping I May Destroy You and might help a lot of poc contenders at the Oscars who were shut out.

Minari will win Foreign Film and Lee Isaac Chung will make a speech. See as the magic happens.

Profile picture
    RazzleDazzle
    Topics:

My predictions:

Seyfried
    Youn
    Colman
    Foster
    Burstyn

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

But for the same role though ?

Johnny Depp was nominated to the Oscars and the Razzie for playing Jack Sparrow, but it wasn’t the same movie, Johnny should’ve won the Oscar for this role in the first movie, specially because Sean Penn won a second Oscar just five years later, and the role of Jack Sparrow is more iconic.

Profile picture
    musicreloaded
    Topics:

GLENN CLOSE!!!

and Burstyn deserves a nomination, she was ROBBED in Requiem for a Dream, the performancne is ICONIC.

I can’t believe she wasn’t campaigned for a supporting spot. She would have swept. The film is about Jared Leto, she has her own arc, but she was not the leading role. Im still get mad that Julia won for that shitty performance.

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

GLENN CLOSE!!!

and Burstyn deserves a nomination, she was ROBBED in Requiem for a Dream, the performancne is ICONIC.

I can’t believe she wasn’t campaigned for a supporting spot. She would have swept. The film is about Jared Leto, she has her own arc, but she was not the leading role. Im still get mad that Julia won for that shitty performance.

I did not watch Erin movie so can’t say shit about Roberts performance, but Burstyn placement could go both ways and I guess they went with lead because of her already legendary status. I watched the movie a month ago iirc and she left me speechless, queen did a terrific job.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.