Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
crabbie
Aimerarrow
  • Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

It can be both if McDormand wins for the Best Picture. Let the church say amen!

Very true !

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

There is absolutely no way Glenn gets in now.

There’s nothing sure until SAG.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

If I was a Glenn stan right now I would pray for her to get snubbed
    The woman will probably get to 10 acting nods losing all.

At least she has tons of other industry awards and is a legend.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

There’s nothing sure until SAG.

But Glenn isn’t overdue at SAG. It doesn’t really make sense to pick her without the performance to back it up.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

If I was a Glenn stan right now I would pray for her to get snubbed The woman will probably get to 10 acting nods losing all. At least she has tons of other industry awards and is a legend.

Close’s one of the best actresses ever. And I know it’s selfish because I think she really wants it but I’d rather have her join Garbo, Dietrich, Stanwick than to win for this ridiculous film.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

As a Glenn Close stan, I pray she gets snubbed come Oscar nomination morning. 8 Oscar nominations with 0 wins is brutal for an actress of her talent. She should just win for Sunset Bouelvard which Im assuming will be much better than Hillbilly shit (hopefully)

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

How could I have not seen Foster’s win coming.

-Glenn’s nomination is to protect her.
    -Colman is not big enough for two GG film awards yet.
    -New girl isn’t winning since she is not a slam dunk.
    -Seyfried’s film is too boring.
    -Its been years since Foster won and she is an icon of cinema.

Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

For this wild ride and Nomadland’s victory, Swankie should get that 5th spot.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Foster gets in at BAFTA she’s winning. Her film has been long-listed 11 fucking times there! Although will she get in at BAFTA? I have always been confident about her getting in at the Oscars but I ruled her out at BAFTA because the performance didn’t seem undeniably showy for her to get in with the jury. Although now she’s won a Golden Globe I can see the jury picking her just so they don’t snub the potential Oscar frontrunner (I don’t see her winning but I was more saying that some may see her as that as a result of her win).

I feel weirdly confident that Youn is taking SAG and the Oscar though.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    manakamana
    Topics:

Just glad the Globes didn’t fall into the same trap of indulging Glenn stans’ fantasies that she or her film are good enough to win this year.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Hillbilly Elegy and Glenn Close are much more than a movie at this point. They represent the end of the Pundit Industrial Complex. Just think about it, people started to take the Globes ‘seriously’ once they started embracing critic’s picks like Borehood. Globe voters like to brag about their votes to pundits who then put what they say into their ‘objective’ predictions made by talking to “industry” members. And they all desperately try to form their own narrative about the “race” with that. I mean there was an article in Variety that pretty much gave up the game where they demanded the Oscars Director’s branch to nominate their faves. I guess we’ll see just how far it goes.

Lol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Youn winning the Oscar and Swankie getting a nomination would make me cry of joy.

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”>

If Foster gets in at BAFTA she’s winning. Her film has been long-listed 11 fucking times there! Although will she get in at BAFTA? I have always been confident about her getting in at the Oscars but I ruled her out at BAFTA because the performance didn’t seem undeniably showy for her to get in with the jury. Although now she’s won a Golden Globe I can see the jury picking her just so they don’t snub the potential Oscar frontrunner (I don’t see her winning but I was more saying that some may see her as that as a result of her win). I feel weirdly confident that Youn is taking SAG and the Oscar though.

</p>
    In regards my last comment – it was you who said Foster could get in the Oscars (I remembered incorrectly I thought you said she would win the globe). Good prediction!

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

Youn winning the Oscar and Swankie getting a nomination would make me cry of joy.

Not Swankie for ffs.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Not Swankie for ffs.

She’s much more deserving than Close, Burstyn, and bakalova.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.