Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 501 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
crabbie
Aimerarrow
  • Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Glenn isn’t winning an Oscar. I was on board with the idea of a potential sweep because she got in despite horrible reviews. But if the Globes said no, what makes us think the Academy will say yes 🤷🏾‍♂️

Outside of Close, there’s no passion for HE. Plus, she swept a couple years ago to ultimately embarrassing results. Are voters really going to want to go through that failed overdue narrative again? Just to see her lose….again? Nope.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

Colman is the only lock for a nom (and how many times did they cut to her genuinely cheering for everybody else; she was very relaxed knowing she wasn’t winning lol)

The rest of the 4 slots are fluid.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Youn winning the Oscar and Swankie getting a nomination would make me cry of joy.

Calling it now: Youn might win the Oscar. 👀

Foster will get the Kathy Bates ‘Richard Jewel’ spot as the beloved industry icon returning to the race. But she’s already got 2 wins.

Colman could be a potential spoiler if she wins BAFTA. But her recent victory might make voters weary of honoring her too soon again.

Close…

The others don’t stand a chance of winning.

Current Predictions:

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
    Olivia Colman, The Father
    Jodie Foster, The Mauritanian
    Amanda Seyfried, Mank
    Yuh-Jung Youn, Minari
    Helena Zengel, News of the World

Alt: Dominique Fishback, Judas & the Black Messiah

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Calling it now: Youn might win the Oscar. 👀 Foster will get the Kathy Bates ‘Richard Jewel’ spot as the beloved industry icon returning to the race. But she’s already got 2 wins. Colman could be a potential spoiler if she wins BAFTA. But her recent victory might make voters weary of honoring her too soon again. Close… The others don’t stand a chance of winning. Current Predictions: BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS Olivia Colman, The Father Jodie Foster, The Mauritanian Amanda Seyfried, Mank Yuh-Jung Youn, Minari Helena Zengel, News of the World Alt: Dominique Fishback, Judas & the Black Messiah

I’m all for the Youn win! Interesting we have the same exact nominee predictions. As much as I’m hoping for Swankie I dont see her happening. I was struggling to fill the fifth slot after I was convinced Close would not be nominated but ultimately went to the child actor. There’s simply no passion for Burstyn and Bakalova’s performance may be too polarizing to Academy members.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

As much as I’m delighted by Pike’s win, should I be worried for Bakalova here? We know she has the best chance to be nominated in supporting as a newcomer with a controversial comedic performance, and if she had been submitted in this category she could have been competitive. But whose slot could she take? I had assumed Foster’s, but now she looks likely to be nominated. So I’m guessing she’s fighting for the 5th slot…it would be such a shame and dulled category if she missed…

FYC:

Vitalina Varela, Vitalina Varela (Actress)
    Andrea Riseborough, Karim Saleh, Possessor/Luxor (Actress, Actor)
    Rosamund Pike, Peter Dinklage, I Care a Lot (Actress, Supporting Actor)
    Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren, The Duke (Actor, Supporting Actress)
    Sophia Loren, Abril Zamora, The Life Ahead (Actress, Supporting Actress)
    Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman (Actress)

Profile picture
    lemog
    Topics:

This is going to be the new Supporting Actor 2016 (Stallone/Idris Elba/Mark Rylance), with Golden Globes, SAG and Oscars having different winners.

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

As much as I’m delighted by Pike’s win, should I be worried for Bakalova here? We know she has the best chance to be nominated in supporting as a newcomer with a controversial comedic performance, and if she had been submitted in this category she could have been competitive. But whose slot could she take? I had assumed Foster’s, but now she looks likely to be nominated. So I’m guessing she’s fighting for the 5th slot…it would be such a shame and dulled category if she missed…

She is dead. She could have survived losing to Pike if Colman, Close or even Seyfried had won the Globe. But now Youn and Foster are in before her.

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Best case scenario happened for Youn tonight, SAG better not fuck it up cause it’s up to them if she’ll become an Oscar winner or not.

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

What if Close wins SAG, Youn wins CC then Colman wins BAFTA.

It’s going to be so wild if that happens. The Oscar will be the most unpredictable.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

This is what I’m predicting. CC snubbed Foster and Close lost Globe so now they’ll go with the next logical choice: Youn. Colman being the one winning BAFTA makes the most sense right now. Close can still win SAG but it’ll be close between herself and Youn.

The predicted four precursor winners are probably in at the Oscars but then who gets the last spot?

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

The predicted four precursor winners are probably in at the Oscars but then who gets the last spot?

See what happens at BAFTA nominations. It’s the only nominations that we know who is really in contention. Your top 5 Oscar contenders are gonna be in your 6 person lineup, I think. Or if someone is snubbed, then you have a good idea what the top 5 will be.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

What if Close wins SAG, Youn wins CC then Colman wins BAFTA.

It’s going to be so wild if that happens. The Oscar will be the most unpredictable.

Again, you go with the BAFTA winner. The last time you had 4 different winners during a season (Tilda Swinton year), they went with the BAFTA winner. It’s really the only similar race tbh.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

Seyfried obviously. But Close is snubbable if she loses SAG; Zengel’s waiting.

I doesn’t matter cause the Oscar noms will be announced on March 15th. The SAG are on April 4th

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.