Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
crabbie
Aimerarrow
  • Profile picture
    Miguel Marrero
    Topics:

Honestly, no fucking clue… To me it’s between Foster and Close, with Youn as the hypothetical upset. I could see them giving a 3rd one after a long absence, especially in supporting. I could see them throwing a bone to Close. But Youn… she feels really unlikely. I have no doubt her performance’s great given the praise she got but I just don’t see it. But Bakalava, Seyfried and Colman feel even more unlikely. Zengel is out to me.

This…. literally the best comment on tbis thread.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Darling, even if Poor Grandma’s movie was bad, she kind of elevated the material… unlike Shouty who won for reading lines and dressing slutty in court.

Agreed with Madam Prime Minister. Dern is one of the worst winners of all time.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

I don’t think it’s “win or not nomination” for Glenn. Why can’t she just be a filler this year?

Zengel and Bakalova are pretty much in the race with SAG nominations. We’ll see what BAFTA does.

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Profile picture
    Beastialg
    Topics:

Prediction for the nom

Olivia Colman
    Yuh-Jung Youn
    Jodie Foster
    Glenn Close
    Amanda Seyfried
    —————-
    Maria Bakalova

What’s crazy about this category is that outside Colman and Youn I could see the other three easily missing the oscar nom

Prediction for the win

Glenn Close
    Yuh-Jung Youn
    Jodie Foster
    Olivia Colman
    Amanda Seyfried

This one is a mess, since all had big pros and cons. Close is in a panned movie and her performance is not one of her most beloved. Youn has a foreign language performance and she is unknown. Getting a third oscar will be too hard for Foster (she would be the 7th in Oscar history) and she missed several precursors. Colman just won a few years ago and the Father is all about Hopkins. Seyfried is closer to getting snub that getting the win.

I think if this is the line up, they will end up throwing Close a bone and that’s it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Amanda Seyfried is the Andrew Garfield of Mank.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

I can do without Seyfried. She was good but nothing to write home about.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I selfishly want Seyfried just because she’s never been recognized in this way before and I love her. But her performance is not nomination worthy imo

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Glenn Close
    Olivia Colman
    Jodie Foster
    Youn Yuh-Jung
    Helena Zengel

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I wonder what Thatcher’s nick name for Foster will be.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I wonder what Thatcher’s nick name for Foster will be.

Platinated Foster

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Olivia Colman is the only lock in this category. The other 4 could easily miss.

Profile picture
    seidman
    Topics:

Something tells me this is the year for Glenn Close. Finally win an Oscar laying in bed looking like Norma Desmond, or Joan Crawford when she won! Remember JC had the flu?! Yeah right. In any event, after Jodie Foster won Globe last night I am going with Glenn! And, I wouldn’t be surprised if Amanda Seyfried gets snubbed when Oscar noms are announced! That’s my few cents.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Current prediction:

Olivia Colman
    Yuh-Jung Youn – winner
    Maria Bakalova
    Jodie Foster
    Helena Zengel

Next in line: Dominique Fishback

If SAG could drop as big of (and as visible of) an actress as Amanda, I don’t see why Oscar wouldn’t as well.

Also feel like Glenn will be snubbed… along with all of Hillbilly Elegy.

Profile picture
    Aint2Proud2Beg
    Topics:

Thank the heavens above my prayer circles worked and Close isn’t winning a transparent career award for that trash. Anyone who has appreciated her classy performances knows it would have been a stain and insult to her career to win for such a panned movie. May she win Best Actress for an undeniable performance in the future!

What ‘undeniable’ role is a 73 year old going to get in her future? Surely you know how Hollywood works. Not everyone is a Katherine Hepburn or can get lucky like Jessica Tandy.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I selfishly want Seyfried just because she’s never been recognized in this way before and I love her. But her performance is not nomination worthy imo

Yeah it’s definitely not.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.