Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
crabbie
Aimerarrow
  • Profile picture
    manakamana
    Topics:

Since Close is over according to this forum, is mulligan and promising young flop also?

I think the biggest difference is that PYW is a good movie.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

I think the biggest difference is that PYW is a good movie.

Okay? Still got shutout. I remember yall were predicting it to win Best Drama pic LMFAO

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Maria Bakalova Glenn Close Olivia Colman Jodie Foster Amanda Seyfrield Youn Yuh-Jung Helena Zengel All of these women have a really good shot at being nominated. How is that a weak year?

Not a lot of those performances have much passion though. There isn’t a perceived set of actors that are locked which is why some have been snubbed at precursors. Some are filler to fill in the category. Some are more filler than others. I’d say its a competitive year to be nominated but weak in passion support I suppose.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Since Close is over according to this forum, is mulligan and promising young flop also?

Promising Young Woman Noms for Picture: AACTA, BAFTA long-list, Critics Choice, Golden Globe

Hillbilly Elegy Noms for Picture: …

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    manakamana
    Topics:

Okay? Still got shutout. I remember yall were predicting it to win Best Drama pic LMFAO

Who are you calling “yall?” I wasn’t predicting it to win Best Drama pic. “LMFAO.”

Profile picture
    kettycas
    Topics:

PYW might start going empty-handed in every award show from now on, because Carey is the only chance to win something for the film, it’s clear Chicago 7 is getting screenplay before it, Chloe is sweeping directing, the film itself is below Nomadland and Chicago 7 for BP. A clearly non-factor in technical categories.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Glenn Close, “Hillbilly Elegy”
    Olivia Colman, “The Father”
    Amanda Seyfried, “Mank”
    Youn Yuh-Jung, “Minari”
    Helena Zengel, “News of the World”

Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

One of the most endearing things was listening to Alan Kim and Youn Yuh-jung discuss her SAG nomination the other day. Youn pretty much said something along the lines of ‘I’m don’t know much about awards ceremonies in America so I didn’t really know what SAG was, but when I was told what it was I was grateful for such an honour’. So sweet.

FYC:

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

The Academy will nominate her this year. Her category isn’t stacked with viable alternatives.

This category tends to bring coattails, so Fishbank and Swankie are not exactly far considering Close is the perfect candidate for SAG/GG snubee

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

One of the most endearing things was listening to Alan Kim and Youn Yuh-jung discuss her SAG nomination the other day. Youn pretty much said something along the lines of ‘I’m don’t know much about awards ceremonies in America so I didn’t really know what SAG was, but when I was told what it was I was grateful for such an honour’. So sweet.

It reminds me of Brenda Fricker who claims she didn’t know what the Oscars were until she was nominated.

Profile picture
    Keth
    Topics:

I don’t think Glenn Close is over for an Oscar nomination. So, she lost an award voted on by about 90 foreign journalists. Actors nominate actors at the Oscars, which there is about a 1,000 of them. I think she has at least 300 or so actors that want to give her an Oscar, so she can easily get a nod with enough #1 ballot votes. The question is ‘does she have enough support to let her actually win the Oscar’? I don’t really see a clear winner in the supporting category, which helps Close. So what if it’s not her best performance – it would be a career award anyways.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Hun, Promising Young Flop as you call it is a BP, Actress, screenplay and Director contender.

Razzielly Elegy just got shortlisted for Razzies. It is at 25% on RT and Close lost the award yet again to Jodie Foster.

Profile picture
    Beastialg
    Topics:

Weird that the Razzies shorlisted Close but not Amy Adams

Profile picture
    seidman
    Topics:

The Academy Awards has a history of giving awards for make-up for past overlooks or career awards…Elizabeth Taylor in “Butterfield 8” at the time was a joke, and everyone still talks about how Denzel Washington won for “Training Day”. I know there are many other similar cases. Glenn Close I can assure you wouldn’t mind the Oscar on her display case!

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.