Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 501 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
crabbie
Aimerarrow
  • Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

I know this probably won’t happen but imagine if after all this time that we thought Colman would be the Swank to Close’s Bening it would ultimately be not her but Jodie Foster.

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    Pinkpie48
    Topics:

Assuming Foster wins, would Close be the first acting nominee to lose to the same actress in two categories? (If she even gets nominated… which seems unlikely)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I lowkey wonder if Dominique Fishback can coattail now that Kaluuya has won the Globe.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    na digga
    Topics:

Olivia Colman is the safest bet nominations wise, I think her and Yuh-Jung Youn are pretty much the top contenders with Youn having the edge to win. I do believe at this point Jodie is in that leaves Amanda, Maria, Glenn and Helena. If Helena makes the bafta shortlist she’s in. She made it at gg, cc, and sag so if she gets in there she’s safe for a nomination. If she doesn’t I think Maria gets her slot but the finally spot is Glenn’s. Yes it would suck to see her get another nomination without a win but she’s Glenn Close that’s her thing..and honestly they owe it to her after giving Olivia the Oscar. Unfortunately Amanda just doesn’t have enough momentum.

FYC Best Actress 2021: Viola Davis!!!

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I lowkey wonder if Dominique Fishback can coattail now that Kaluuya has won the Globe.

I’m not predicting it anymore. There are too many other contenders who actually do have nominations.

The Best Supporting Actress lineup at the Oscars will probably be Colman, Seyfried, Youn, Foster, and Bakalova or Zengel or Close

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Dominique Fishback
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I do, however, have a little bit more hope that Stanfield can coattail with how weak all the other potential 5th place Best Actor contenders are.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Dominique Fishback
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    Qoslca
    Topics:

I may be foolhardy, but I’ve decided to remove Seyfried from my Best Supporting Actress lineup. I feel (nervously) confident in these predictions:

Glenn Close – Hillbilly Elegy
    Olivia Coleman – The Father
    Jodie Foster – The Mauritanian
    Youn Yuh-jung – Minari
    Helena Zegel – News of the World

A Glenn Close snub would be the biggest surprise of nominations morning, and with the wide-open field we have I feel she’ll be name-checked. I think we can feel pretty confident in Coleman, Foster and Yuh-jung. The Globes proved there’s not as much passion for Mank as previously thought, and I personally don’t think Seyfried has the momentum she needs. The 5th slot could be anyone’s game, but anyone who watches News of the World will realize Zegel gave a powerhouse performance (one of the best of the year) and more than deserves a nomination.

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.”

💡🎥🎬

“Good morning, and in case I don’t see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight.” —Truman Burbank, The Truman Show

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

I don’t really see a clear winner in the supporting category, which helps Close. So what if it’s not her best performance – it would be a career award anyways.

How many people have actually won for their best performance????

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    ArtIsntEasy
    Topics:

How many people have actually won for their best performance????

This.

The Katharine Hepburn quote about the right actors winning for the wrong roles is so apt…even for Hepburn herself as I would argue she only deserved one of the four she got (Lion in Winter).

Even though SCENT OF A WOMAN was a BP nominee, we still live in a world where Pacino’s only Oscar came from…that performance.

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

Profile picture
    ArtIsntEasy
    Topics:

This race is sort of exciting.

I am fully on team Youn and I do feel like she has a great path to snatch a win and make history.

CC and SAG can definitely be her path but I do see the potential of Foster getting nominated and winning at BAFTA. I just feel like they wouldn’t give Foster her third win. I actually think she should continue to keep acting with some regularity in the coming years that she could but as of now, I just like they won’t.

I guess there is still a chance Close could pull it off due to the overdue narrative and the erratic passion amongst the contenders…but I think the only place she could win is SAG.

I’m still predicting Seyfried for a nom but I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if she ended up missing as some are predicting.

I could also see Colman taking BAFTA and even SAG (especially considering how she has yet to win one aside from
    Ensemble).

I’m going to go with this ranking.

#1-Youn
    #2-Colman
    #3-Foster
    #4-Seyfried
    #5-Close

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

I don’t think Glenn Close is over for an Oscar nomination. So, she lost an award voted on by about 90 foreign journalists. Actors nominate actors at the Oscars, which there is about a 1,000 of them. I think she has at least 300 or so actors that want to give her an Oscar, so she can easily get a nod with enough #1 ballot votes. The question is ‘does she have enough support to let her actually win the Oscar’? I don’t really see a clear winner in the supporting category, which helps Close. So what if it’s not her best performance – it would be a career award anyways.

Winning for not a best performance? Subjective, but OK.

Winning as career Oscar? Well, when was the last time an actor won a competitive Oscar exclusively as a career award not linked with Honorary? Christopher Plummer and Laura Dern don’t count cause there was actually passion for their performances (As the critics wins and being steamroll at guilds)

Close has nothing on it for HE, beyond the talk of being “So overdue”… But still that didn’t work in 2011 or 2018

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

So glad people are on the Youn hype train. She can totally win the Oscar as Minari continues to pick up more buzz.Colman is her biggest threat though but not sure about the passion The Father has or perhaps she is overshadowed by Hopkins. I have Close getting snubbed in my current predictions she looks about finished after the Globe loss and her performance does not have passion besides the overdue narrative.So many people are fighting for the fifth slot but I went with Zengel since News with the World might surprise with a best picture nomination, probably a screenplay nomination, and other technical awards. She also has been doing well with the precursors.

#1-Youn
    #2-Colman
    #3-Foster
    #4-Seyfried
    #5-Zengel

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

Winning for not a best performance? Subjective, but OK. Winning as career Oscar? Well, when was the last time an actor won a competitive Oscar exclusively as a career award not linked with Honorary? Christopher Plummer and Laura Dern don’t count cause there was actually passion for their performances (As the critics wins and being steamroll at guilds) Close has nothing on it for HE, beyond the talk of being “So overdue”… But still that didn’t work in 2011 or 2018

The conversation on here has now been steered from “she’s not going to win the Oscar” to “she’s not going to be nominated for an Oscar”. And all because she didn’t win the Globe. I have no doubt that she’ll be nominated for a BAFTA, meaning that she’ll be one of just TWO contenders who will have all 4 precursor nods. And yet people on here want to claim that she won’t even get an Oscar nod.

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

foster could tilda swinton and shock everyone on oscar night…and i love that

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

So glad people are on the Youn hype train. She can totally win the Oscar as Minari continues to pick up more buzz.Colman is her biggest threat though but not sure about the passion The Father has or perhaps she is overshadowed by Hopkins. I have Close getting snubbed in my current predictions she looks about finished after the Globe loss and her performance does not have passion besides the overdue narrative.So many people are fighting for the fifth slot but I went with Zengel since News with the World might surprise with a best picture nomination, probably a screenplay nomination, and other technical awards. She also has been doing well with the precursors. #1-Youn #2-Colman #3-Foster #4-Seyfried #5-Zengel

Hopkins being out of the race almost by default this year means all attention is on her to award the father in an acting category, especially with how critically acclaimed the film itself is. So I don’t see that being a factor at all, I’m not sure if you’ve seen it but much of if not all the plot revolves around her character.

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.