Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
crabbie
Aimerarrow
  • Profile picture
    Joe Burns
    Topics:

I actually really liked Close’s performance but it wouldn’t be good for the Academy to give her an award for it when she has done much stronger work. She really should get Best Actress not Best Supporting Actress if she’s ever going to win one and although I did not hate Hillbilly Elegy, the movie doesn’t deserve an Oscar.

Not sure if the Golden Globes just wanted to shake things up or Foster is actually a serious contender.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

I can see why people are doubting Bakalova’s chances even more now but in another #MeToo banner year, snubbing her would be a huge mistake from the Academy in artistic but also public image terms.

FYC:

Vitalina Varela, Vitalina Varela (Actress)
    Andrea Riseborough, Karim Saleh, Possessor/Luxor (Actress, Actor)
    Rosamund Pike, Peter Dinklage, I Care a Lot (Actress, Supporting Actor)
    Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren, The Duke (Actor, Supporting Actress)
    Sophia Loren, Abril Zamora, The Life Ahead (Actress, Supporting Actress)
    Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman (Actress)

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Youn is my number one in likelihood to get a BAFTA nom but crazy enough, she would probably come in number 5/6 in most likely to win, since the whole body votes for the winners (jury is out of play at that point)

The way the racist as f*ck BAFTA didn’t even nominate Minari in the top 15 films (the only category not longlisted by a jury)… that’s very telling. If we didn’t have a jury this year Minari would’ve been lucky to get one nomination… in for Foreign language film, lol.

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

This forum is so biased its not even funny. Close is not going to get nominated for not winning globe, but mulligan and PYW are perfectly fine after getting shutout after they predicted it was gonna win 3 globes.

For real, they were even claiming that it would win Best Drama Film at the Globes LMAO.

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    Naiad Lyne
    Topics:

For real, they were even claiming that it would win Best Drama Film at the Globes LMAO.

The mental gymnastics on these boards is sometimes out of this world.

Profile picture
    Zuranthium
    Topics:

I can see why people are doubting Bakalova’s chances even more now but in another #MeToo banner year, snubbing her would be a huge mistake from the Academy in artistic but also public image terms.

The American public does not care about Maria Bakalova and what does it have to do with MeToo that she gets snubbed for another woman?

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

The Close stans calling out people for being biased 🤣😆🤣 Thanks for the laugh.

Profile picture
    Rowan
    Topics:

I’m predicting a snub in this category – Close feels a lot like Timothee Chalamet a couple years ago for Beautiful Boy to me. Powerful performer liked by audiences/voters who hits the precursors, but not a particularly well-liked movie (and a desire to reward her later for a more deserving performance).

But then again, the Academy nominated Sam Rockwell that year for his joke of a cameo in Vice, so who’s to say.

Profile picture
    JakeT
    Topics:

I’m not predicting Close to win but HFPA isn’t industry. Her loss does not mean the actual industry (AMPAS specifically) doesn’t care for it.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Youn

2. Seyfried

3. Colman

4. Foster

5. Zengel

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

I’m not predicting Close to win but HFPA isn’t industry. Her loss does not mean the actual industry (AMPAS specifically) doesn’t care for it.

And in this category she does not need to win the Globe in order to win the Oscar. In the 2010s, 2 of the Oscar winners did not win the Globe. In the 2000s, 5 of the winners did not win the Globe. In the 1990s, 4 of the winners did not win the Globe.

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    Miss
    Topics:

A24 is campaigning the hell out of Yuh-jung Youn..

This Minari campaign reminds me of their Moonlight/Lady Bird days, billboards, magazine covers and all!

Welcome back xx

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

So at this point who do you all think is winning each of the remaining awards in this category(SAG, CC, BAFTA, OSCAR)?

For now I’m inclined towards a Youn sweep, but I’m really curious what everyone else thinks.

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

So at this point who do you all think is winning each of the remaining awards in this category(SAG, CC, BAFTA, OSCAR)? For now I’m inclined towards a Youn sweep, but I’m really curious what everyone else thinks.

Youn has a pretty good chance in CC and SAG (due to multiple reasons that had been beaten to death on the thread), Glenn can still pull it off in CC (less likely) and SAG (more likely), and BAFTA feels like a Colman or Foster thing (they really liked The Mauritanian). After that Foster win on Sunday, who even knows anymore lol. If you predicted Zengel or Bakalova for the rest too I wouldn’t call you crazy at this point.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

So at this point who do you all think is winning each of the remaining awards in this category(SAG, CC, BAFTA, OSCAR)? For now I’m inclined towards a Youn sweep, but I’m really curious what everyone else thinks.

I think Youn has Critics Choice in the bag. I mean she should. SAG would be her next win. As for BAFTA, it’s difficult to predict considering how racist BAFTA is. I could see Colman winning there but Youn ends up taking the Oscar. (BAFTA gave it to JLAW but Lupita took the Oscar)

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.