Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
crabbie
Aimerarrow
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I didn’t think Glenn was particularly bad in <i>Hillbilly Elegy</i>. I don’t think she’s worthy of Oscar recognition for it but my main issue with the film’s presentation of her character was that atrocious script. We know from Glenn Close’s acting that “she is feeling down” we don’t need her to say it out loud in capital letters lmao.

Amy Adams on the other hand was just bad. Although again I blame the script for that more in the sense that it let her character down and her performance slid towards borderline caricature as a result of that (there would have been more potential with a better script and better direction).

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Amy’s hospital roller skating scene is worse than anything Glenn did in HE.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

I didn’t think Glenn was particularly bad in <i>Hillbilly Elegy</i>. I don’t think she’s worthy of Oscar recognition for it but my main issue with the film’s presentation of her character was that atrocious script. We know from Glenn Close’s acting that “she is feeling down” we don’t need her to say it out loud in capital letters lmao. Amy Adams on the other hand was just bad. Although again I blame the script for that more in the sense that it let her character down and her performance slid towards borderline caricaturey as a result of that (there would have been more potential with a better script and better direction).

All i can remember from her performance was the constant screaming a la acting that was directed by David O Russell. Screaming, tacky, profane, and nasty.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I mean please this bit was so poorly written:

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

I mean please this bit was so poorly written:

It’s an annoying line but it’s truthful.

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

That doesn’t stop it being poorly written and executed.

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Overall she really didn’t have much to do. In fact, nearly 30 minutes went by before her first appearance in the film.

do you understand what a supporting performance is?

Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

That doesn’t stop it being poorly written and executed.

Why do you think that line is poorly written and executed?

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

Amy’s hospital roller skating scene is worse than anything Glenn did in HE.

What should she have done to make her roller skating scene better?

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

That scene was actually a powerful statement about the endless cycle of opioid addiction on America. It’s not something that should be taken out of context in a stupid GIF.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

What should she have done to make her roller skating scene better?

Pray for a better director

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

You are the one playing thinking your opinion is the ultimate truth, get off your high horse dear, it’s not cute.

Sweetheart, if is a known fact that Hillbilly is garbage. That Glenn is fine in it, nothing special. We ALL know that if she wins, it is NOT about her performance, but please, live in your ignorance bubble, boo.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    rydemac
    Topics:

Critics (not all) praised Glenn’s performance months before the awards season. Stay pressed.
    And whether you like it or note, some human beings use basic English. Glenn (Amy moreso) was playing a struggling matriarch. Some here seem to be expecting the wit or comebacks of Patty Hewes, or Cruella.

If Amanda takes the Globe, I feel that Glenn still has a path to the Oscars, as again, Amanda’s performance wasn’t showy enough to impress the actors (SAG).

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Let’s go Glenn! I hope she wins, she deserved that Oscar a long time ago

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Hillbilly Elegy and Glenn Close are much more than a movie at this point. They represent the end of the Pundit Industrial Complex. Just think about it, people started to take the Globes ‘seriously’ once they started embracing critic’s picks like Borehood. Globe voters like to brag about their votes to pundits who then put what they say into their ‘objective’ predictions made by talking to “industry” members. And they all desperately try to form their own narrative about the “race” with that. I mean there was an article in Variety that pretty much gave up the game where they demanded the Oscars Director’s branch to nominate their faves. I guess we’ll see just how far it goes.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.