Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 501 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
crabbie
Aimerarrow
  • Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Frances McDormand won VERY recently. That’s what makes her win less likely than Foster’s.

Explain Christoph Waltz for Django then, why don’t you?

Even then, there’s still not that *push* to give Jodie her third.

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Only 24 hours till we find out who is winning here lol.

This aged poorly haha

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This aged poorly haha

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

In terms of winning, I think Youn is out in front. After that? Not sure. Colman, Seyfried, and Close (if she gets nominated) all have various barriers but are more or less in the same boat after just losing to Foster. Not really seeing a path to victory for Jodie Foster.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I feel very confident for the win that it’s Youn first, Foster second and Colman third.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

What happens if Youn wins SAG and Jodie wins BAFTA?

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Go with the one whose film might win Best Picture

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Youn wins

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Tossup.

I would give the edge to Youn on the basis that Minari is the bigger player and more Academy members will have seen it but the thing that is quite confusing is that I think the British bloc is rallying around Jodie as their push for the win (and not Colman).

I see it very much as a Mahershala Ali vs Dev Patel situation.

Profile picture
    Beastialg
    Topics:

I’m on the group that believes that McDormand is more likely to get her third win this year than Foster. McDormand is in the best picture frontrunner which is all about her character, got lots of critics mentions and she hasn’t missed any precursor so far.

Still, I don’t believe either is going to win. Right now I’m feeling Day/Davis for best actress and Youn/Close for supporting.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I don’t think Glenn can overcome the shitty reviews and Hillbilly Elegy has a lot of backlash. Losing the Globe also made a dent in her chances, which means more for her film

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Is it weird that I kind of think Amanda Seyfried will win Critics Choice? I know Minari massively overperformed, but they almost never award the critics’ favorite haha. I just hope that Youn Yuh-jung winning isn’t too good to be true.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Amanda Seyfried is DONE.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’d be surprised if Amanda Seyfried wins anything at this point. I love the performance but like I said she strikes me as the Andrew Garfield of Mank (the showy scene-stealing supporting performance in a Fincher film that makes it in at the Globes but misses at the Oscars even though the film is one of the most nominated of the night).

I think the real problem she faces is what Riley has touched upon before. She’s not going to get a lot of the necessary #1 preference votes. Yuh-jung Youn will. Olivia Colman will. Jodie Foster will. Maria Bakalova probably will too.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I don’t see Jodie winning a third Oscar for a performance that got muted buzz until her Globe win. At least with DDL and Streep, we knew they were guaranteed to get an Oscar nomination. Both also played much a baiter role (historical figure transformations is as baity as it gets) than Foster

I currently have Youn first in my predictions and predicting a Close snub. BUT if Close does get an Oscar nomination, I would say she’s second to Youn; 8 nominations 0 wins for a 74 year old (The Oscars is a month after her birthday) woman will be one hell of a narrative that might overcome Hillbilly’s Razzie status. If Close isn’t nominated, then I’d say Colman is second since Close won’t be in contention and she’s in a likely best picture contender playing opposite of Hopkins. Covid narrative by the time voting begins might also help. Though I don’t see her winning a second Oscar since Globes denied her. If however she wins Critics Choice she may win like Sean Penn in Milk who also lost at the Globes but swept the rest of the award season. In any case watch out for Colman if she wins Critics Choice this Sunday.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.