Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
crabbie
Aimerarrow
  • Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I don’t see how Minari is any more crowdpleasing than the next drama.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I don’t see how Minari is any more crowdpleasing than the next drama.

It’s just a beautiful, heartfelt movie that just about anyone can connect with. People who don’t like Minari have no soul to put it lightly.

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    MultipleOscarWinner
    Topics:

We need to let Glennie rest. It’s been 3950 years. I hope deep down she enjoys the ride and is just having fun.

She is not… She sometimes can’t hide she gets hurt when she doesn’t win. I recall when she lost to Meryl at the Globes, when she lost the Oscar to Olivia and this latest Globes to Jodie. If she’s nominated, I hope she wins so she doesn’t have to suffer anymore.

FYC:

Best Actor:
    Delroy Lindo - Da 5 Bloods

Best Actress:
    Sidney Flanigan - Never Rarely Sometimes Always

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

She is not… She sometimes can’t hide she gets hurt when she doesn’t win. I recall when she lost to Meryl at the Globes, when she lost the Oscar to Olivia and this latest Globes to Jodie. If she’s nominated, I hope she wins so she doesn’t have to suffer anymore.

Personally, I’m not a “stan” of Glenn but it does hurt me to see her without proper recognition this far down the line. I just don’t think in any world awarding her for Hillbilly Elegy will make up for that. I’ve no doubt she will make a strong & deserving lead performance soon & sunset Boulevard is looking likely.

on a side note, it was quite funny to see her spell Jodie’s name wrong 3 times in her golden globes Instagram post haha

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction is one of (if not the best) performances in cinema history.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

The Critics Choice like to think that they are predicting the Oscars, but this year that’s it’s so hard here that I just don’t know. Hopefully Youn or Bakalova.

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

It’s just a beautiful, heartfelt movie that just about anyone can connect with. People who don’t like Minari have no soul to put it lightly.

No doubt about that. I’m just confused about the word “crowdpleasing” being consistently ascribed to Minari. When I think crowdpleasing, I think Green Book, Bohemian Rhapsody, Hidden Figures, Lion, The Help, etc.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

No doubt about that. I’m just confused about the word “crowdpleasing” being consistently ascribed to Minari. When I think crowdpleasing, I think Green Book, Bohemian Rhapsody, Hidden Figures, Lion, The Help, etc.

I don’t think something needs to make you wanna stand up and cheer in order to be a crowdpleaser. A crowdpleaser to me is just a film that most everyone, film buffs or otherwise, can collectively agree is great. But I get that it’s not the first thing that comes to mind

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

The Critics Choice like to think that they are predicting the Oscars, but this year that’s it’s so hard here that I just don’t know. Hopefully Youn or Bakalova.

It will be Youn, and this might start her Oscar trajectory assuming she picks up SAG and/or BAFTA

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Youn has such a strong narrative if A24 runs with it. Famous and respected Korean actress turning in one of the most acclaimed performances of the year in her Hollywood debut. If this were a normal year, I think Youn would be shaking a lot of hands.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Should we be considering Saoirse to re-enter the conversation at this point? That’s how confused I am about this category

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    germanportuguese
    Topics:

Nominees Will Be:
    Youn Yuh-Jung- Minari
    Amanda Seyfried- Mank
    Olivia Colman- The Father
    Jodie Foster- The Mauritanian
    Maria Bakalova- Borat Subsequent Sequel Film

If I chose the nominees:
    Youn Yuh-Jung
    Toni Collette-I’m Thinking of Ending Things
    Sonia Braga- Bacurau
    Jennifer Ehle- Saint Maude
    Essie Davis- Babyteeth

I Have not seen The Father or the Mauritanian yet the later will be watched sometime this week

Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

Guys do you all think that Zhao Shuzhen will be nominated if her movie was released last year? Excuse me for asking. This snub bother me so much from time to time.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Guys do you all think that Zhao Shuzhen will be nominated if her movie was released last year? Excuse me for asking. This snub bother me so much from time to time.

No. Youn would be taking all of the buzz for a foreign language performance as The Farewell drastically underperformed at SAG (0 nominations) compared to Minari. The Shuzhen snub still bothers me since she was my favorite supporting performance of 2019 I think she could have easily replaced Bates in the lineup.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

No. Youn would be taking all of the buzz for a foreign language performance as The Farewell drastically underperformed at SAG (0 nominations) compared to Minari. The Shuzhen snub still bothers me since she was my favorite supporting performance of 2019 I think she could have easily replaced Bates in the lineup.

She could replace anyone in that horrid lineup. Hope this year not as bad like last year.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.