Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
crabbie
Aimerarrow
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Should we be considering Saoirse to re-enter the conversation at this point? That’s how confused I am about this category

it’s what she deserves. come on, bafta

Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

Did we watch the same movie?

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

The Farwell snub was not surprising. Yes, Zhao absolutely deserved but the movie didn’t even do that good with critics and the hype was very low key. It only hit CC for acting outside of Awkwafinas Comedy globe win (in a barren af field)

Profile picture
    Pinkpie48
    Topics:

The Farwell snub was not surprising. Yes, Zhao absolutely deserved but the movie didn’t even do that good with critics and the hype was very low key. It only hit CC for acting outside of Awkwafinas Comedy globe win (in a barren af field)

This saddens me to no end.

Youn deserves the win this year, but Zhao’s performance was extraordinary and I don’t think I’ll get over the fact that not only did she not win, but that she was snubbed entirely.

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

This saddens me to no end. Youn deserves the win this year, but Zhao’s performance was extraordinary and I don’t think I’ll get over the fact that not only did she not win, but that she was snubbed entirely.

I know. She was better than any nominee that year. Somewhat unrelated when I saw nothing (literally nothing) performances like Margot in OUATIH get nominated for stuff over Zhao… that’s sad and pathetic as f***.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Ammonite is a weaker performance than all the performances she was previously nominated for lmao (and yes that includes Brooklyn, even though Ammonite is a better film overall)

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

it’s what she deserves. come on, bafta Razzies 

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

If Ammonite can’t even get a BAFTA nod 💀

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

If Saoirse Ronan gets another undeserved nomination, I’ll throw up.

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

If Saoirse Ronan gets another undeserved nomination, I’ll throw up.

Thank god that isn’t likely this year, no Timothee Chalamet either 🙏🙏

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

If Ammonite can’t even get a BAFTA nod 💀

I don’t understand why Kate Winslet is campaigning so much? She’s everywhere, every actor round table & event, doing interviews every week. Didn’t Ammonite release in November?!

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Thank god that isn’t likely this year, no Timothee Chalamet either 🙏🙏

Just wait until they co-star another coming-of-age story lol

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

I don’t understand why Kate Winslet is campaigning so much? She’s everywhere, every actor round table & event, doing interviews every week. Didn’t Ammonite release in November?!

I guess Winslet either really believes in this project or really wants to be nominated. Gotta applaud the hustle either way. I know far more about Mary Anning than I ever needed to. I’m predicting both Winslet and Ronan at BAFTA.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Imagine if she gets in with no precursors.

I’d be mortified by the chaos in the forums, but at the same time I’d be sitting back in my lawn chair eating popcorn and drinking beer.

If that happens, Thatcher is gonna need to bump up our healthcare budget by at least 5000 percent

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.