Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
crabbie
Aimerarrow
  • Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

The last person to win the globe and not be nominated was in the 70s. Foster is likely getting nominated and could win.

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Bakalova is not happening anytime.

Lol I removed her right after I watched Borat2 a month ago. It’s a cute performance but an Oscars nom? Oh come on…….

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    AndMore
    Topics:

The last person to win the globe and not be nominated was in the 70s. Foster is likely getting nominated and could win.

We said the same thing when Aaron Taylor-Johnson won the Globe. Plus he had a BAFTA nom.

I think this may give Foster the boost she needs, but her missing in this crazy long year would not surprise me.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Amanda Seyfried might be the snub of the year. She missed SAG and lost the Globe. Glenn, at least, got nominated at SAG.

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

1. Youn Yuh-jung, Minari
    2. Olivia Colman, The Father
    3. Helena Zengel, News of the World
    4. Amanda Seyfried, Mank
    5. Jodie Foster, The Mauritanian
    ————————————–
    6. Glenn Close, Hillbilly Elegy

No others.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Glenn is getting snubbed. No winning narrative, what’s the reason to nominate her? Let’s not forget she was snubbed at AACTA. I have been skeptical about Bakalova but I don’t think losing the Globe is that bad. No more category confusion. And there’s clearly passion for her – Rosamund Pike mentioned her in her speech! I have Burstyn ahead for now In terms of nomination likelihood: 1. Olivia Colman, The Father 2. Youn Yuh-jung, Minari 3. Amanda Seyfried, Mank 4. Jodie Foster, The Mauritanian 5. Ellen Burstyn, Pieces of a Woman – 6. Maria Bakalova, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm 7. Helena Zengel, News of the World 8. Glenn Close, Hillbilly Elegy

Yep this is my exact lineup now.

I never bought two newcomers happening and now Bakalova has lost the Globe I am abiding even more by this belief. She could still happen but her losing is the best thing to happen to Ellen Burstyn.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I still think Seyfried is a solid third considering Mank will be such a big player. A snub could happen, but I wouldn’t bet against her. Theoretically, everyone besides Colman could be snubbed. Youn missing Globes is fine, but she also missed AACTA.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

This race can’t get messier lol. She may get the nomination, but Glenn is not winning. Foster is getting nominated or this is Aaron Taylor Joy all over again?

I’m so sad for Bakalova. I’m still predicting her for BAFTA since she won London, but yeah, she nedeed this.

I guess the stars are aligning for Youn Yuh-jung 🙏

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

well, jodie foster’s industry respect is a tad higher than aaron taylor johnson’s…

Interesting category where no one is all that strong. Even the person people think is the closest to a nom lock, Colman, doesn’t seem to have much passion.

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

This race can’t get messier lol. She may get the nomination, but Glenn is not winning. Foster is getting nominated or this is Aaron Taylor Joy all over again? I’m so sad for Bakalova. I’m still predicting her for BAFTA since she won London, but yeah, she nedeed this. I guess the stars are aligning for Youn Yuh-jung 🙏

I don’t understand that logic. Glenn lost the Globe and that means she’s not winning the Oscar? Meanwhile, Youn didn’t even get nominated for a Globe yet she’s somehow winning the Oscar?

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Close is staying in my predictions. The Globes just rewarded her two years ago and felt like that was enough, apparently. Bakalova is the most vulnerable losing a category she should have swept.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Regardless of whether she wins Youn imo is a lock. This woman’s film is top 5 at the Oscars, she got nominated at SAG and she’ll get in at BAFTA.

Bye bye Close.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

I don’t understand that logic. Glenn lost the Globe and that means she’s not winning the Oscar? Meanwhile, Youn didn’t even get nominated for a Globe yet she’s somehow winning the Oscar?

If she couldn’t even win a globe from SAG/CC snubee Jodie Foster, she’s not winning. This is coming from someone who was predicting Glenn to win… now I don’t think so.

Glenn’s movie is also very weak (its shortlisted for a couple of Razzies too, mind you), while Youns film clearly has tons of buzz from actors, and will do much better at the Oscars.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Youn can easily win SAG and Critics Choice, and her film is going to be nominated for Best Picture…

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Darlings, I had Foster getting in at the Oscars without the win, but now she’s quite probable. Close needs to win something to secure her presence at the Oscars.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.