Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 501 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
crabbie
Aimerarrow
  • Profile picture
    AndMore
    Topics:

well, jodie foster’s industry respect is a tad higher than aaron taylor johnson’s…

Interesting category where no one is all that strong. Even the person people think is the closest to a nom lock, Colman, doesn’t seem to have much passion.

That wasn’t the point I was making… The point is that things don’t happen until they do. Just cause a Supporting Actress winner at the Globes hasn’t been snubbed at the Oscars since the 70’s is only a rule until it isn’t.

Just like how that rule was broken a few years ago in the Supporting Actor category.

I’m not saying Foster won’t get in, I think it is likely she could.

Profile picture
    tom92
    Topics:

Finally the tide is turning in this forum. We’ve known for weeks Close isn’t winning that Oscar!

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

If she couldn’t even win a globe from SAG/CC snubee Jodie Foster, she’s not winning. This is coming from someone who was predicting Glenn to win… now I don’t think so. Glenn’s movie is also very weak (its shortlisted for a couple of Razzies too, mind you), while Youns film clearly has tons of buzz from actors, and will do much better at the Oscars.

Well nobody here was predicting a Foster win. That came out of left field. And there hasn’t been a winner without a Globe nod in 20 years. And the person who did win back then was a case of category fraud.

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Well nobody here was predicting a Foster win. That came out of left field. And there hasn’t been a winner without a Globe nod in 20 years. And the person who did win back then was a case of category fraud.

Look I know you want Glenn to win, but I’m just pointing out my personal observations. I think she still has a chance due to her starpower and overdue narrative, but her chances for a win have dropped like a brick falling from a skyscraper IMO. As for Youn, we all know here that the snubs for Minari outside of USA FOREIGN language film were on purpose and deliberate. I’m sure you of course, disagree.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

lol if you think someone not even nominated at SAG is gonna win oscar, I got a bridge in brooklyn id like to sell you.

Profile picture
    VedanthM
    Topics:

Close isn’t winning. I don’t think she ever was. There never was passion for her
    She got nominated because she is ‘Glenn Close’

and to be honest, I am happy. Enough of disrespect has been shown to her by the award bodies. This way she won’t going in expecting anything (unlike last time)

Profile picture
    VedanthM
    Topics:

Some of you overthink these things

Close will not win
    but she will be nominated
    she got in all of previous precursors. Oscars won’t throw off her

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Close is definitely still winning considering the person who won wasnt even nominated at SAG and may as well miss Oscar.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

1. Colman
    2. Youn
    3. Close
    4. Foster
    5. Seyfried

6. Burstyn
    7. Bakalova
    8. Zengel
    9. Fishback

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

The Oscars start voting on Friday (March 5) and ends on Wednesday (March 10). BAFTA nominations are announced March 9. I don’t think BAFTA nominations will really have an effect on Oscar nominations but there is an overlap. What might have an effect? These Golden Globe wins.

There is a subsection of people who will vote for Glenn Close for reasons related to her performance (i.e the SAG voters who voted for Amy Adams). But there will also be a subsection of people who will/were going to vote for Glenn Close to get her that elusive Oscar. They are going to see this Golden Globe loss and might reserve that spot on the ballot for someone else. And right now I’m betting on the second group being larger than the first

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

I don’t buy Youn winning at all. But I don’t buy any of them winning though lmao…

Foster got a huge boost, she’s in. Bakalova’s agonizing. Burstyn’s been buried. Colman and Close are the only locks now.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Close is definitely still winning considering the person who won wasnt even nominated at SAG and may as well miss Oscar.

LMAO so Davis, Mulligan and McDormand have zero chance at a win because they lost the Globe to someone snubbed at SAG but then Close is winning in spite of losing the Globe because you love her. Pls.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

LMAO so Davis, Mulligan and McDormand have zero chance at a win because they lost the Globe to someone snubbed at SAG but then Close is winning in spite of losing the Globe because you love her. Pls.

lol poor thing melting down after Promising Young Flop

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

Seyfried and Youn aren’t both getting in.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

lol poor thing melting down after Promising Young Flop

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.